RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaica Vs Chile, live on Fox SC in the USA!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
    Karl, who is responsible for Bora getting the "real" team to choose from?
    I think I know what you are asking - ...let me switch to another question a bit -

Why is Bora not starting our "real team"?

Instructions from the JFF? (Which, in my mind, would appear to be
    silly!)

...or, these players named are the best from those who are currently available (i.e. circumstances within which many nembers of the "real" team find selves prevent them accepting Bora's call? - ...and, that would be unfortunate. No blame to JFF and Bora? - Possible!)
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      I think I know what you are asking - ...let me switch to another question a bit -

Why is Bora not starting our "real team"?

Instructions from the JFF? (Which, in my mind, would appear to be
      silly!)

...or, these players named are the best from those who are currently available (i.e. circumstances within which many nembers of the "real" team find selves prevent them accepting Bora's call? - ...and, that would be unfortunate. No blame to JFF and Bora? - Possible!)
      OK you see my point. Either way, I think Bora or the JFF need to explain to the public why our many foreign-based players are not being called up. Especially now that most of those foreign leagues are on a break.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        OK you see my point. Either way, I think Bora or the JFF need to explain to the public why our many foreign-based players are not being called up. Especially now that most of those foreign leagues are on a break.
        I suspect one would start of with questioning Bora on the purpose of these games early in his contract.. the purpose of the games would dictate the squad..

Comment

I could understand if he had a core of NPL players, in camp, working with for a period of time, and he wanted to see where they were against top class opponents. But just calling up these local players without the right preparation is simply a recipe for embarassment. Heavy defeats do more damage to the program than anything else. Worse when we are going to be on view for the international public to see. I remember watching the recent U20 games involving Jamaica, the commentators were at pain to find something worthwhile to say. The matches were disorganised and boring. It doesn't take a genius to see that the standard of our local players is way below par. He should be working with the international players and trying to incorporate the one and two local ballers. Not the other way around. WC qualification is closer than he thinks, and we need to start developing our signature plays. We need to hear from the Bora or the JFF!!!!
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I suspect that

this is still part of his vetting process. Mind you though, the day that he shows up with "the real" team and we take a beating, is the same day that one will likely hear the refrain about looking at such and such from NPL club blah blah.

The rancor a week or so ago was over Hue not getting called up. I too am somewhat perplexed about that. My real question though is how long will this vetting process last. Also maybe much to the chagrin of many on this site, when will he start looking at "our people" over seas.

Guidance

Comment

Originally posted by GaryD View Post
              this is still part of his vetting process. Mind you though, the day that he shows up with "the real" team and we take a beating, is the same day that one will likely hear the refrain about looking at such and such from NPL club blah blah.

The rancor a week or so ago was over Hue not getting called up. I too am somewhat perplexed about that. My real question though is how long will this vetting process last. Also maybe much to the chagrin of many on this site, when will he start looking at "our people" over seas.

Guidance
              How many Senior Team games have been played under Bora ??

Comment

Costa Rica 2 Chile 0 - friendly result
                "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                - Xavi

Comment

Exam for Bora and the Boyz!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007
                  BOYZ FACE CHILE EXAM

Progress of players delights coaching staff

ALL EYES ON THE BALL: Reggae Boyz (from left) Fabian Davis, Luton Shelton and Damion Stewart challenge for the ball during the team's last training session at Kirkvine in Manchester yesterday. Looking on is Ricardo Fuller. (Photo: Michael Blair)

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...141&category=1

-------------------------------

Reggae Boyz face Chile test at 'The Office'
                  published: Tuesday | June 5, 2007

( l - r ) Fuller and Chile's Matias Fernandez Reuters
                  Kwesi Mugisa, Staff Reporter

Luke warm in their last couple of friendlies, Jamaica's Reggae Boyz will be looking to pick up the pace when they are tested by South American giants Chile in a 7:00 p.m. encounter tonight at 'The Office', the National Stadium.

"Things have been going really well with our preparation for this fixture, both from a tactical and physical standpoint," the team's assistant coach, Wendell Downswell, told The Gleaner yesterday.
                  "This could be our sternest test so far, but the team is upbeat and we are looking for a quality performance come tomorrow," he added.

Well anything short of that and the Jamaicans will certainly find themselves in trouble against seven-time World Cup qualifiers Chile, who are currently ranked 43rd in the world, 27 places above the Jamaicans.

The Chileans are also expected to field a fairly strong team, which should include the dangerous Matias Fernandez of Spain's La Liga side Villareal and Real Sociedad's Claudio Mu-oz.

The Chileans have been inconsistent in their last couple of interntional games after securing a 0-0 draw with Argentina back in April, but went down 4-0 to Brazil the previous month and more recently 2-0 to Costa Rica earlier this month. They are currently coached by formerUrguyan player, Nelson Acosta.

The good news for the Reggae Boyz, however, is that they will be fielding their strongest team in recent times.

In contrast to the last two friendlies - a 2-0 loss to Sweden back in March, which featured a squad with no foreign-based players and a tame 1-1 draw in what was supposed to be a grudge macth with Panama at the National Stadium later that month which saw just two overseas players suit up - five are included in the squad for tonight's encounter.

Spearheaded by captain Ricardo Gardner of Bolton Wanderers, ace striker Luton Shelton of Sheffield United, Stoke City's Ricardo Fuller and Damion Stewart of the Queens Park Rangers, the overseas contingent was also boosted by Sean Fraser who joined the team yesterday.

Nice mix
                  Downswell explained that the team has a nice mix of experience and one that gives the local players an oppourtunity to showcase their talent.
                  "We know they are a strong team but I think we have enough experience to give a good account of ourselves and this is also a good chance for the local players to contninue cementing their spots for the World Cup qualification campaign.

"So far the players have been fitting together well and I am inviting the public to come out and give their support," he added.

However, if one eye is on the Boyz, many members of a result-driven public will certainly have the other on still fairly new technical director Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic, as they expect good results sooner than later.
                  Milutinovic has been criticised in recent times for not only tame results, but mainly his selections for the senior squad and also what was perceived to be a lack of involvement in the youth World Cup qualifiers.

SQUADS: Jamaica - Andre Redwood, Mario Harrison, Allien Whittaker, Nicholy Finlayson, Jermaine Taylor, Demar Phillips, Donald Stewart, Richard McCallum, Fabian Taylor, Lovel Palmer, Wolry Wolfe, Christopher Harvey, Mario Swaby, Richard Edwards, Adrian Reid, Ricardo Gardner, Keneil Moodie, Luton Shelton, Donovan Davis, Sean Fraser, Fabian Davis, Ricardo Fuller, Xavian Virgo and Khari Stephenson.

Chile - Claudio Bravo Mu-oz, Hector Sanhuez Medel, Nicol‡s Peric, Jode Cabion Dianta, Rodrigo Melndez Araya, Alvaro Ormneno Salazar, Manuel Iturra Urrutia, Gonzalo Fierro Caniullan, Carlos Villanueva Rolland, Sebastian Roco Melgarejo, Mat'as Fern‡ndez, Ismael Fuentes Castro, Jorge Valdivia Toro, Pablo Contreras Fica, Luis Jimnez Garcs, Jorge Vargas Palacios, Arturo Vidal Pardo, Reinaldo Navia Amador, Rodrigo Tello Valenzuela, Humberto Suazo Pontivo and Roberto Gutirrez Gamboa.

CURTAIN RAISER
                  Meanwhile, the friendly international feature will be preceded at 5:00 p.m. by a curtain raiser between a Masters and Celebrities team and an Entertainers group comprising mainly DJs and singers.

Some members of the Masters and Celebrities squad are: Clive 'Busy' Campbell, Richie Murray, Ian Wilkinson, Trevor 'TC' Campbell, Michael 'Jah Mikes' Williams, Hugh 'Bingy' Blair, Allan 'Skill' Cole, Peter Moses, Andrew Price, Lincoln Taffe, Zachary Harding, Rudolph Speid and Lenworth 'Teacher' Hyde.

Some players in the Entertainers squad are: Spragga Benz, Lexxus, John Hype, Assassin, Kiprich, Captain Barkey and Wicker Man, Ding Dong, Mr. Balance (Snagga Puss), Nesbeth, Aidonia, Luciano, Wayne Marshall, Marvin Chin, Peter Prendergast, Capleton and Vybz Kartel.
                  ( l - r )Chile's Gutierrez and Luton Shelton - FILE

© Copyright 1997-2007 Gleaner Company Ltd.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Bora don't give interviews anymore?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Reggae Boyz ready for big performance

Reggae Boyz ready for big performance

Left: Chile's Matias Fernandez in action against Costa Rica last weekend. - Reuters Right: Reggae Boy Ricardo Fuller - file

By LeVaughn Flynn, Staff Reporter

Jamaica face Chile in a friendly international this evening at the National Stadium at 7:00 p.m., one of three international matches on today. Brazil will play Turkey and Argentina will face Algeria in the other games.

The Chile match will be the fourth international friendly for technical director Bora Milutinovic who has a record of two draws (Panama, Peru) and a loss (Switzerland) since coming to Jamaica late last year.

Jamaica's 24-man squad that has been training at Brancourt and Kirkvine includes only five overseas-based players as Bora continues to focus on developing a strong local-based squad. Strikers Luton Shelton and Ricardo Fuller will most likely start upfront, challenging the Chilean backline led by Pablo Fica and captain Jorge Vargas.

The 43rd ranked Chile with a record of three wins, three draws and one loss in their last seven international games also have several players in top European leagues, including goalkeeper Claudio Andrés Bravo Mu-oz (Real Sociedad), defender Pablo Andrés Contreras Fica (Celta de Vigo) and midfielder Mat'as Fern‡ndez (Villareal).

Another Chilean player to take note of is attacking midfielder Jorge Valdivia, who plays in Brazil, and is being scouted by several European clubs.

Chile, with seven World Cup appearances and placing third in 1962, are coached by Nelson Acosta. They are using the friendly to prepare for the Copa America 2007 which begins on June 26 in Venezuela.

Jamaica assistant coach, Wendell Downswell, says the coaching staff is prepared for Chile having viewed tapes of their recent games.
                      "We have based our preparations on what we've seen on the tapes and of course I won't divulge too much, but we are ready for the game," said Downswell shortly after the team completed its final training session at Kirkvine in Manchester last night.

Downswell added there has also been a high level of discipline during the camp.

"The behaviour in the camp has been exemplary. The players have been quite competitive in training," he said.

He added: "We have been very pleased with the tactical performance from the team and we hope to see that carry over into the game."

With 19 of the 24 players from being local-based, Downswell said they have one of the best opportunities to show their worth on the international stage.

"As you know this is all a part of the preparation leading up to the 2010 qualifiers and this is a good chance for them to try and secure a spot on the team."

Jamaica squad:
                      Andre Redwood, Mario Harrison, Allien Whittaker, Nicholy Finlayson, Jermaine Taylor, Demar Phillips, Donald Stewart, Richard McCallum, Fabian Taylor, Lovel Palmer, Wolry Wolfe, Christopher Harvey, Mario Swaby, Richard Edwards, Adrian Reid, Keneil Moodie, Luton Shelton, Donovan Davis, Sean Fraser, Fabian Davis, Ricardo Fuller and Xavian Virgo.

Chile squad:
                      Goalkeepers: Claudio Bravo (Real Sociedad/SPA) and Nicolas Peric (Audax Italiano/CHI)
                      Defenders: Pablo Contreras (Celta/SPA), Ismael Fuentes (Jaguares de Chiapas/MEX), çlvaro Orme-o (Gimnasia y Esgrima/ARG), Sebastian Roco (Santiago Wanderers/CHI), Rodrigo Tello (Sporting Lisboa/POR), Jorge Vargas (Salzburgo/AUS) and Arturo Vidal (Colo Colo/CHI)
                      Midfielders: José Luis Cabi—n (Melipilla), Mat'as Fernandez (Villarreal/ SPA), Gonzalo Fierro (Colo Colo/CHI), Manuel Iturra (Universidad de Chile/CHI), Luis Jiménez (Lazio/ITA), Rodrigo Meléndez (Colo Colo/CHI), Arturo Sanhueza (Colo Colo/CHI), Jorge Valdivia (Palmeiras/BRA) and Carlos Villanueva (Audax Italiano/CHI)
                      Strikers: Roberto Gutiérrez (Universidad Cat—lica/CHI), Reinaldo Navia (Atlas/MEX) and Humberto Suazo (Colo Colo/CHI).

The feature match will be preceded by a Celebrities and Masters versus Entertainers clash at 5 p.m.
                      Entrance fees: bleachers $500, grandstand $1,200 and $1,500.

Comment

Goodness...no game, what an

absolute disappointment. Maybe they will carry it at 10pm.

Comment

Hopefully, instead of the Brazil/Turkey replay they were supposed to carry in that slot.
                          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

70 minutes gaan, and Jamaica still down a goal.
                            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortikal View Post
                              70 minutes gaan, and Jamaica still down a goal.
                              Any idea if those are real?
                              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                              X