RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaica Vs Chile, live on Fox SC in the USA!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica Vs Chile, live on Fox SC in the USA!!

"Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Nice!
    Good show by all concerned!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Chile in Jamaica will be a true measuring stick,since they had games vs Haiti & Cuba.Mosiah! St kitts & st Vincent are making strides also,please remember the leading goal scorer in the 2007 lunar cup was from st Kitts(2)and st vincent beat us last year 2-1,martiniqe always produce good players for france and won the 'copa caribe' in the mid 1990's.

Comment

I can't wait to see what Bora does with this team!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

well mo, we will all see, some a say a 7-2 chile.what ever the result,it's one worth seeing.

Comment

USA-Forever 'RIP' unfortunately seems to have pass away a couple months ago if I am reading correctly.

Comment

7-2 ? I thought Downswell was no longer in charge ?

Comment

It thought it was obvious to all that FSC would carry the game live with a one hour delay on Sportsmax.
                Part of the deal was that FSC would carry all Jamaica's home game live with FSC Jamaica now part of the FOX Sports family. However, I'm trying to find out if Jamaica's 2010 World Cup qualifiers are included in the package deal since FIFA and CFU own the rights.

Comment

of course ! Yes,!

Comment

Chile's squad for the game:

Goalkeepers

Claudio Bravo (Real Sociedad/España)
                    Nicolás Peric (Audax Italiano)

Defenders

Pablo Contreras (Celta de Vigo/España)
                    Ismael Fuentes (Jaguares de Chiapas/México)
                    Álvaro Ormeño (Gimnasia y Esgrima LP/Argentina)
                    Sebastián Roco (Santiago Wanderers)
                    Rodrigo Tello (Sporting de Lisboa/Portugal)
                    Jorge Vargas (Salzburgo/Austria)
                    Arturo Vidal (Colo Colo)

Midfielders

José Luis Cabión (Melipilla)
                    Matías Fernández (Villarreal/España)
                    Gonzalo Fierro (Colo Colo)
                    Manuel Iturra (Universidad de Chile)
                    Luis Jiménez (Lazio/Italia)
                    Rodrigo Meléndez (Colo Colo)
                    Arturo Sanhueza (Colo Colo)
                    Jorge Valdivia (Palmeiras/Brasil)
                    Carlos Villanueva (Audax Italiano)

Forwards

Roberto Gutiérrez (Universidad Católica)
                    Reinaldo Navia (Atlas/México)
                    Humberto Suazo (Colo Colo)

http://www.emol.com/noticias/deporte...noticia=257018
                    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                    - Xavi

Comment

A pretty strong squad.

Several of the players play in Europe, and a few in Argentina and Brazil.

Look out for Matías Fernández, their midfielder who plays in Spain. He's supposed to be the new young phenomenon of Chilean football.
                      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                      - Xavi

Comment

We will be using a local lineup with one or two foreign based players sprinkled in for good measure. Should be interested to see what Bora is doing with this team.
                        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Bora finds himself in a spot not unlike CB and the other Jamaica coaches.

It was reported he was hired in November last...and, fair men like Reggae Fan (tongue in cheek) shall claim that he was in charge from that day. Truth be told Bora finds himself, even at this time, approaching seven (7) months after being employed, without the 'real team'. It could be argued that in a real sense he is not yet on the job!

Any attempt to judge him based on any result we may gain from this Chile match is not worth the effort, just as it is not worth the effort evaluating this squad. In my mind, it is more a matter of seeing the type products the NPL has thrown up.

If we consider the local players being at the top or near the top set of players in the NPL, it may be wise to look at these players as what is possible if each NPL team was...all the NPL teams were being managed by competent coaches, competent trainers and competent administrators.

I think to be fair to Bora, he should be judged after being put in charge of the 'real team' and having three or four matches with the 'real REGGAE BOYZ' under his belt. That is give Bora some time to create TEAM...our 'real TEAM' and then, let the chips fall where they may.

For myself right now it is all about trying to see which players show understanding of the game...level of individual technical skill...and, is smart in the way he goes about playing this game...who shows an affinity to play TEAM. You could be a 'popper' better than Pele or Maradona if you play like a fool forget about it...i.e. not sensibly, forget about it!
                          Last edited by Karl; May 27, 2007, 06:28 PM.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Tilla, should'nt we do what the cubans have done i.e to Travel to a South American country for a Game ?.If we are able to top Chile this idea can come to light.I am sure they would want a rematch on home turf.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                              Bora finds himself in a spot not unlike CB and the other Jamaica coaches.

It was reported he was hired in November last...and, fair men like Reggae Fan (tongue in cheek) shall claim that he was in charge from that day. Truth be told Bora finds himself, even at this time, approaching seven (7) months after being employed, without the 'real team'. It could be argued that in a real sense he is not yet on the job!

Any attempt to judge him based on any result we may gain from this Chile match is not worth the effort, just as it is not worth the effort evaluating this squad. In my mind, it is more a matter of seeing the type products the NPL has thrown up.

If we consider the local players being at the top or near the top set of players in the NPL, it may be wise to look at these players as what is possible if each NPL team was...all the NPL teams were being managed by competent coaches, competent trainers and competent administrators.

I think to be fair to Bora, he should be judged after being put in charge of the 'real team' and having three or four matches with the 'real REGGAE BOYZ' under his belt. That is give Bora some time to create TEAM...our 'real TEAM' and then, let the chips fall where they may.

For myself right now it is all about trying to see which players show understanding of the game...level of individual technical skill...and, is smart in the way he goes about playing this game...who shows an affinity to play TEAM. You could be a 'popper' better than Pele or Maradona if you play like a fool forget about it...i.e. not sensibly, forget about it!

Karl, who is responsible for Bora getting the "real" team to choose from?
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X