Gunners send the Beast packing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunners send the Beast packing

Julio Baptista has revealed he will return to Real Madrid this summer after confirming Arsenal do not want to make his loan move permanent.

The 25-year-old Brazil international was on loan from Real Madrid, with Jose Antonio Reyes going the other way, and had his advisors in London towards the end of the season to discuss his future with the Gunners.

"Arsenal have told me they are not able to buy me and so all I can do is return to Real Madrid," he said in Spanish newspaper Marca.

"I have enjoyed my season with Arsenal and in England. I adapted well. I didn't play much at first but finished much better."

Part of Baptista's problem was holding down a regular position, his versatility meaning he could play as a defensive midfielder up to the forwards.

Baptista is known as 'The Beast' for his imposing physical presence but was also nicknamed 'Batigol' for his goalscoring form for Sevilla before signing for Madrid.

He got into double figures for Arsenal but six of those goals came in the Carling Cup, and he did not make the same impact in the Premiership. He also revealed recently that he struggled with the English weather.

Baptista's return would improve the chances of Theo Walcott establishing himself in Arsene Wenger's starting XI, with the 18-year-old back in training following his shoulder operation.

"I will be fully fit for the new season, as long as I have a good pre-season and don't pick up any injuries. I'll be raring to go," Walcott told the club's website.

Walcott, who will miss out on the European Championships with England Under-21s next month, will return two weeks earlier than the rest of the squad to start pre-season training.

Robin van Persie and Thierry Henry will also return early.
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Well the real move is to demand back Reyes and if he dont want to come then they better send Robinho for a small fee.

Comment

Robinho? Dat yute
      nuh come cheap boss, that's Pele's anoited. Real had to fork out 30 mil and they already got back their money. Unnuh would have to tek out a equity loan on the emirates stadium fi dat boss

Comment

well unno send back Reyes then...

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
          Robinho? Dat yute
          nuh come cheap boss, that's Pele's anoited. Real had to fork out 30 mil and they already got back their money. Unnuh would have to tek out a equity loan on the emirates stadium fi dat boss
          Got back money how? If its based on jersey sales that Beckham and if its because they're on top of the league, its because of Ruud.

Pele annointed? Yeah .. right!
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
            well unno send back Reyes then...
            Unuh really want back that?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

no but either Madrid come up with some dollars or Robinho.. because we dont want the Beast

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                Got back money how? If its based on jersey sales that Beckham and if its because they're on top of the league, its because of Ruud.

Pele annointed? Yeah .. right!
                Whats up, you dont rate King Pele?
                President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Working...
                X