Let me take it on myself to say thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me take it on myself to say thanks

TD Bora for inviting Theodore Tappa Whitmore to the coaching staff. I know this is the right move and slowly Ja is moving in the right direction.
    Last edited by Jawge; May 23, 2007, 10:59 AM.

Good for Tappa. He will accept...since everyman want to werk.

He will only be effective from a local players' perspective...

Right now, UB-40's and the foreign contingent are not breaking down the door to join the Reggae BoyZ squad. Around them Tappa will be jusss... Tappa.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Not following you; Why will
      he just be Tappa? Boss it's high time we get off this divide and rule mentality. Tappa is highly respected in football circles based on his skill alone. The Brasilians respect him and he is the best footballer Ja has to date. I'm sure the U-40s are looking forward to learn from this great man. Yuh tink it easy fi score a goal at WC (not to mention two)? Go ask Yorkie an magic man latas see wha dem wi tell yuh.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
        Good for Tappa. He will accept...since everyman want to werk.

He will only be effective from a local players' perspective...

Right now, UB-40's and the foreign contingent are not breaking down the door to join the Reggae BoyZ squad. Around them Tappa will be jusss... Tappa.
        HL: You may be surprised?!

There just may be great respect for Tappa's skills and being the scorer of not 1...but, 2 goals at a World Cup puts one in rarified atmosphere!

Considering only a relative few have been to the World Cup...and, of those few only a paltry few have scored a goal in those competitions...and, of those paltry few who have scored at the World Cup a smaller elite few have scored more than one goal at the World Cup...that is BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT, boss!

Tap! Tap-tap! Tappaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
        Respek due!
        Respek should be given....unless the UB40 showing no respek is "dregs" = has no respect for the game and therefore has no respect for quality accomplishments in 'the beautiful game'!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

School him fi mi
          bredda Karl Tappa more than earned his respect in football (just look at the two games Ja played against Brasil)

Comment

I cannot take anything away from Tappa and his Reggae BoyZ accomplishments.

It's just that Tappa is not a house-hold name in football circles (well, apart from Jamaica). Tappa did make a very brief impact on the football scene--but just brief. Tappa somehow did not impress the decision makers in the EPL or other European leagues. He 'rode the pine' very often in the lower division that he played.

I went to see him play LIVE when he played for Livingston in the Scottish league. Maybe that style of football was not designed for him. But what I saw of him was far from impressive.

And please let's not get into the myriads of games he played for Jamaica when he was just plain missin'.

LASTWORD: To Maudib, Karl and you Jawge. I respect your admiration of Tappa. I admire him too. But not to the iconic levels that yu'all do.
            Last edited by HL; May 23, 2007, 12:34 PM.

HL

Comment

Give me your thoughts on Juninho
              as player (using the same argumnets for Tappa as backdrop), also tell me of Caludio renya. Thanks.

Comment

you know my friend when I read the first page I thought of you.. Well, well... does tappa want to to be part of it. And by the way was Tegat part of the national set up.. what team is he working with.

Comment

so it go bredrin,
                  mi glad fi di big man Tappa. I think Tappa should go for it, may see a marked improvement in our middle.

Comment

Two excellent choices of players as example Jawge!!!

Both are perennial players. Both Reyna and Juninho are currently playing and making significant impact. Both have done what Tappa has done an a lotss more!

HL

Comment

I'm talking Juninho of sao paulo
                      who broke his ankle in spain.He came to middlesborough then moved to scotland. Are you satisfied with renya's WC performance last year? Juninho went through similar things to Tappa (in England and Scotland) yet you have high praises for him. Well the Prof. said if Tappa was Brasilian things would be different. Thanks anyway man.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                        Two excellent choices of players as example Jawge!!!

Both are perennial players. Both Reyna and Juninho are currently playing and making significant impact. Both have done what Tappa has done an a lotss more!
                        Would you classify Reyna as a football Genius ?

Understand Tappa Football History and what he was able to produce from his limited exposure... A Football Genius...

Any Genius dat come out of Jamaica you give highest rispec to.. you will only begin to appreciate it as the years go by and you wonder why wi cyaan see anedda...

Comment

Lets not begin to play with words now Maudib...ie: genius.

HL

Comment

so Hl yuh don't think
                            Tappa is a football genius? If no please explain why. Thanks.

Comment

I am not going down that road Jawge.

But just remember that WORLD CLASS means different things to different people. Same thing wid the term: genius.

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X