Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...and, DAMN! Benitez In Amazing Attack On Jorge Valdano

Benitez In Amazing Attack On Jorge Valdano
    Rafa Benitez has laid into Jorge Valdano for his earlier criticism of his coaching style, and also slammed the former Madrid man's attempts to hog all the plaudits when things were going well at the Bernabeu.

Valdano had spoken out against Chelsea and Liverpool following the Champions League semi-final, voicing his displeasure with the managerial styles of Mourinho and Benitez.

However, some believe he took it a bit too far when describing Rafa and Liverpool's playing style as "sh** on a stick."

The Liverpool coach has now lashed out at Valdano, suggesting that he should show respect towards other clubs, and also rapped the former Madrid man's glory-hunting with Los Merengues.

"I believe that the people at this club working to obtain objectives deserve respect, deep respect," he said. "And I believe what was said has shown a lack of respect to the club, the fans, who are something sacred as is our stadium, Anfield.

"Using 'sh** on a stick' and other unsavoury descriptions, for me, shows an absolute ignorance of the historical reality of this organisation in the world-wide scheme of football.

"And I am talking about Mr Jorge Valdano, a person I have known for 20 years, since we were working with the junior teams of Real Madrid and someone I do not regard highly in the professional aspect.

"I have not gone his way to attack him through the media. It simply infuriates me that a person who has the privilege of being able to express himself through the mass media does not do it with honour and education.
    "And I repeat, does not do so by showing little respect to an organisation like Liverpool, with it's success and enviable history. Look at our Champions League form. The first game against Barcelona at Anfield. It was spectacular. And against Galatasaray, Bordeaux, PSV."

Has also rapped the former Madrid man's glory-hunting, suggesting that he was right in front at the Bernabeu while there was success, and quickly slipped away when there was trouble.

"I know what he's like," said "He has a lot to be grateful for to people like Ramon Martinez, Angel Cappa and Alberto Giraldez, to mention only some examples of where a coach and sports director work well together. People, that we all say, contributed more to a project than has been acknowledged.
    "I feel he was at the fore-front of the press conferences and when the medals were being handed out, while the real professionals with talent were always in the shade."
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Re: ...and, DAMN! Benitez In Amazing Attack On Jorge Valdano

Paul Marin oftens speaks about the class of managers around the football world. It's good to see that Rafa understands "respect" and "class".

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
    X