RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Sturridge vs Aguero, who do you pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
    There is also a reason why the world's best teams including Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona among others have shown interest in acquiring Aguero. I have not heard anyone mention Sturridge in those circles as yet.

Aguero in my opinion is a top drawer player, Sturridge is not.
    Sturridge with time should become more valuable...you are correct in that at this time Aguero is further ahead.

Sturridge could develop into a Rooney, Suarez type player - Wonderful goalscorer, great creator and good defensive presence. At the moment he is less than the finished article in each area when compared to Rooney and Suarez.

Now where would Thomas Muller fall?
    At the highest of levels I think he is a better goal-scorer and defender than both Suarez and Rooney...but in the middle of the pack I think both those gentlemen are ahead of him.

...so considering compensating factors or as others would say, "on balance" who is the World's best player?

I would say, forget Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo...certainly no way, no how the flashiest but absolute best world player for me is Thomas Muller.

Aside: A match to watch? - Ronaldo & Messi: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...atch-that.html
    Last edited by Karl; February 13, 2014, 01:29 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Sturridge with time should become more valuable...you are correct in that at this time Aguero is further ahead.
      I would substitute the word "Could" for the highlighted.

Sturridge has flourished at Liverpool because of lack of competition at the strikers position and opportunity to play more games. Players like him certainly need clubs where he can get enough chance to grow and learn from his mistakes. If he had remained at Chelsea, maybe we might not be seeing the player he has turned out to be at this time. I say this because I think playing with Suarez has done wonders for him. Suarez creates opportunities for him time and time again. He at least feel obliged to return the favor. This has worked well in his favor.

When Sturridge was at Chelsea, he would try too hard to impress to the point where he was playing against the team and many considered him too selfish. At the time he was competing with Drogba, Torres, Kalou, and later Lukaku for starting place. Also, Anchilotti, AVB and De Mateo all used him as a winger. Only when he moved to a team where he could fit into the CF position, he really got a chance to shine.

He could get better and grow to be one on the top players in the world. Right now, in my opinion, he is just not there as yet.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

“Common sense is the most widely shared commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it.”.......“Common sense is not so common.”........''.....a person who likes sports hates common sense'

Sturridge is World Class ,as good as and will be better than Aguero.Lucas said he is brazilian.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I take it Lucas is his Liverpool teammate? I would not expect to hear anything less from Lucas. The fact is, being Brazilian does not automatically makes one a world class player.

I can see your position is changing though, as your second to last sentence suggests you are coming into the realization that Sturridge is not there as yet with Aguero on the world class stage. He may get better though. There is hope for you yet.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
          X