Russia 2018, here I come!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia 2018, here I come!

Despite the western world's ongoing attempts to make the Sochi Games look bad, it appears it will be a resounding success in so many ways. Putin has gone out of his way to make a statement for Russia and that statement is being heard loud and clear throughout the world. And what we're hearing is that Russia can deliver world class facilities, both sporting and recreational.

Putin is a real presence at the Games, showing up at events and talking to the athletes, even American ones. Never seen that from a head of state before. For that I'll give him credit.

And it's for this reason I think WC 2018 will be huge! Yeah, I know they may not want to see us black folk there, but I think they'll do a good job making us feel welcome nonetheless.

Gwaan Putin!

Oh, there are some t-shirts on sale with those four Olympic rings and the snowflake that didn't open up. It mawd! Yes, it was done to insult them, but dem nice still!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

World class facilities indeed. Not sure I could deal with the double toilet though.

"Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

holding hands for support....a gentle squeeze here and there could do wonders...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Hey, it's up to you if you want to join your fellow bobsledder in the loo. Unnu deh back a each odda in di sled, how come unnu have a problem sitting (s#!tting?) beside each other now?!

Anyway, I hear this is actually Russia's way of saying, see, we are nyet as homophobic as you think!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Despite the western world's ongoing attempts to make the Sochi Games look bad, it appears it will be a resounding success in so many ways. Putin has gone out of his way to make a statement for Russia and that statement is being heard loud and clear throughout the world. And what we're hearing is that Russia can deliver world class facilities, both sporting and recreational.

Putin is a real presence at the Games, showing up at events and talking to the athletes, even American ones. Never seen that from a head of state before. For that I'll give him credit.

And it's for this reason I think WC 2018 will be huge! Yeah, I know they may not want to see us black folk there, but I think they'll do a good job making us feel welcome nonetheless.

Gwaan Putin!

Oh, there are some t-shirts on sale with those four Olympic rings and the snowflake that didn't open up. It mawd! Yes, it was done to insult them, but dem nice still!
          How many black countries are at the Winter Olympics? I will watch unu pon TV.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Is Putin tell black people not to romp inna snow?

Let's hear what our bobsledders thought of their time there.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

They'll have a great time and be treated royally by the authorities. As one of the few black faces that will appear they will treat them right. It's politics. Not to say there aren't Russians who aren't welcoming and not racist but... it's politics; as you point out, Putin pressing flesh and doing all this PR work.
              Let's see if their football teams/fans begin to improve their behaviour.
              Peter R

Comment

Working...
              X