Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man United target Newcastle’s Cheick Tiote

Man United target Newcastle’s Cheick Tiote

Midfield destroyer could strengthen David Moyes’ woefully lacking options in centre of park
    05/02/2014 12:22 PM

Image Text: TARGET: Cheick Tiote (PA)

MANCHESTER UNITED are looking to solve their shocking midfield crisis by securing a number of targets over the summer including Newcastle hardman Cheick Tiote, according to reports.
    The 27-year-old Magpies star is a tough tackler and could be exactly the type of player United boss David Moyes needs to win midfield battles that his side have been losing for the better part of this season.
    It is understood that while Moyes was in charge of Everton he attempted to sign the Ivory Coast international.
    United also made inquiries into the availability of Tiote over last month’s window, but Newcastle would not sell due to Yohan Cabaye’s sale to Paris St Germain for £20m.
    The Old Trafford side are reportedly keen on signing Sporting Lisbon’s William Carvalho, and that a summer move could be on for the highly-rated 21-year-old midfielder, who is regarded as one of Europe’s most promising prospects.
    Moyes knows his top priority is fortifying his ageing midfield which has been overrun by other teams leading to United being stuck in an unimpressive seventh place in the table, and many disgruntled fans have questioned Moyes’ ability to manage the side
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

This might be a very good signing. Been watching him keenly since this season and he seems to be a good midfielder with a powerful shot too.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      This might be a very good signing. Been watching him keenly since this season and he seems to be a good midfielder with a powerful shot too.
      How many of those shots have you ever seen him score?

Comment

He gets a lot of cards but we definitely need a player of his ilk. Not too sold on him yet but he would be an improvement over the current lot.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

good observation. The thing is he will pull the shot, something that none of the current Manu midfielder will do. Not 100 percent on him but it look like he has some potential

Comment

So many positions need upgrading.
            Left back,central defence,goal keeper(deGea is good well he will have no problem competing)require immediate attention.
            My choice for midfield is Mata and Fletcher.Carrick seems a sure bet but do not rule out two attacking midfielders;Kagawa and Mata maybe a force to be reckoned...

Comment

He got robbed of a cracker against city

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

More or less than did keane?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

robbed by his teammate who should have removed himself from an offside position...

Comment

Big teams target the best players from smaller teams--to weaken them...so their chances of winning titles are increased.
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                      Big teams target the best players from smaller teams so their chances of winning titles are increased.

HL I corrected your statement. You're welcome.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Thanks Jangle.

I can accept the 'modification'.
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                          Big teams target the best players from smaller teams--to weaken them...so their chances of winning titles are increased.
                          If any correction should take place it should be this: When big teams target the best players from smaller teams there is a twofold effect; the smaller teams are weakened and the bigger team simultaneously and exponentially increases its chances of winning titles.

No. You don't have to thank me!
                          Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                            If any correction should take place it should be this: When big teams target the best players from smaller teams there is a twofold effect; the smaller teams are weakened and the bigger team simultaneously and exponentially increases its chances of winning titles.

No. You don't have to thank me!
                            Don't worry we won't.

Comment

Ah whe yuh rush come from?? I's HL I'm talking to... !!
                              Peter R

Comment

Working...
                              X