No announcement yet.

GUNNERS stumbles! Tomorrow may bring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUNNERS stumbles! Tomorrow may bring...

1. ManCity 53 pts
    2. Chelsea 52
    3. GUNNERS 52

...ooooh well
    The race for the title is well and truly on!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Lost opportunity.
    Is as if your youth dem doan want it.
    Why would a team dot its I's and cross its T's in one competion(CL)and not do the same in another(EPL),especially when it means everything(remaining in the driver's seat)?
    Need to get it together,FAST.

Comment

Gunners didn't Stumble..THEY

The gunners hit a free fall...Watch the ride how Arsenal and their cheap ways of improving the team allow the league title to slip away.
      It is obvious to the blind that seeing only one striker as an option is cause for concern. The coach's use of Poldolski is another disgraceful act...
      Arsenal doesn't spend and refuses to see the need for new additions will cause
      fans to feel cheated this season once again. Why can't a team that says it has money to spend doesn't go out and get their man ala Chelsea football club.
      "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Because of the philosophy of the board and its coach. The Arsenal board could not have asked for a better coach than Arsne Wegner. The philosophy of the club is to run a profitable operation regardless of winning trophies. He is not expected to win trophies in the eyes of the board, that's left up to the fans of the club.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

the fans of the club are responsible for winning trophies???!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Arsenal cheap ways may hinder transfer

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has drawn criticism for being conservative in the transfer market in the past, but the latest rumblings in the rumour mill suggest a big splash may be on the horizon for the Gunners.

According to a report by the Daily Star's David Woods and Adrian Kajumba on Tuesday, Jan. 28, an offer of £24.7 million has been extended to German club FC Schalke 04 for 20-year-old attacking midfielder Julian Draxler.

Wayne Veysey of Goal.com, who reported earlier in the week that Arsenal had sent their brass to Germany to seal the deal, heard that negotiations to complete the transfer were ongoing:

Friday, Jan. 31, marks the end of the transfer window, so a deal must be made quickly. The German international has made it clear to the Gunners that he wants to join them, per the Daily Star report. A major impediment to this transaction being completed is that Draxler's contractual buyout with Schalke is £37 million.

What do you think of Arsenal's prospective acquisition of Draxler?
            Smart
            Unnecessary
            Hard to tell with his current injury and age
            SUBMIT VOTE vote to see results
            Schalke's sporting director Horst Heldt commented on the situation earlier this week via Veysey: "I can't exclude anything, I don't know what other clubs are planning. I only know what happens in our club - and nothing happens at the moment, so we don't bother with this. We are very calm with this thing."

With English Premier League rival Chelsea dropping out of the running for Draxler, the Gunners now have the chance to lock up the prodigy with "add-ons" and might not have to pay the full buyout.

The Gunners sit atop the EPL table with 52 points, but Manchester City (50) and Chelsea (49) lurk close behind. Draxler's arrival would fortify Arsenal's attack, which took a big hit recently with the loss of Theo Walcott to a knee injury.

An ankle injury has held Draxler out of action, but he has been cleared for light training and is sizing up a return to the pitch in February, per a Jan. 16 report by Goal.com's Hassan Talib Haji.

This is both a sound long-term investment and a potential spark for the Gunners' run toward a league trophy, something the club hasn't achieved since the 2003-04 campaign.
            "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Julian Draxler release clause not being met by Gunners

Arsenal are reportedly in "advanced talks" with Schalke over the transfer of Julian Draxler, but the English club are not willing to meet the Bundesliga side's £37 million evaluation for the 20-year-old.

As revealed by David Kent of the Daily Mail, Arsene Wenger is finally readying a swoop for the German international, but he is unlikely to fire over such a lofty fee to seal the deal:

The 20-year-old's £37million release clause activates in the summer and Arsenal want to wrap up a deal before the end of the transfer window before interest in Draxler from other clubs mounts.

Arsenal were hoping to sign Draxler for around £30m but Schalke are holding out for £37m for their prized asset.

Wenger hinted he may be forced into the transfer market after the Gunners' 2-2 draw with Southampton, a match which saw Mathieu Flamini sent off, per Sky Sports, saying, "I have nothing to tell you tonight, maybe I hope we have something to tell you because we lost a few players now," said the manager.

Kent's report suggests Wenger plans on converting Draxler into an out-and-out-striker, much like he did with Thierry Henry, who was once a winger.

Sang Tan/Associated Press
              Should Arsenal pay £37 million for Julian Draxler?
              Yes
              No
              Draxler has made his name as a versatile attacking midfield type, someone who is comfortable on either flank or in the centre, so this process is likely to take time.

At his tender age, £37 million appears to be an awful lot.

While elite clubs always have to pay for potential when landing a future star, Draxler's buyout clause is put into perspective when you consider Juan Mata, two-time Chelsea player of the year and World Cup winner, cost Manchester United £37.1 million—per Sky Sports.

Jeremy Wilson of The Telegraph builds on this point, reminding Arsenal fans that Mesut Ozil cost a little more at £42 million:

While Draxler's hefty sum could put Arsenal off, the January transfer window often forces clubs into paying premium prices for star players.

Alex Brandon/Associated Press
              We've seen Andy Carroll transferred to Liverpool for £35 million in previous years, and Fernando Torres join Chelsea from Anfield for £50 million, but Wenger doesn't traditionally spend heavily during the winter window.

Last year, the experienced manager sanctioned just £8.5 million for Nacho Monreal, per The Telegraph.

Even so, it appears a deal for Draxler is getting closer. After all the anticipation and expectation, Schalke's willingness to budge from £37 million—or indeed, Arsenal's willingness to pay top dollar—will decide whether or not the German becomes an Emirates player.

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
                Arsenal are reportedly in "advanced talks" with Schalke over the transfer of Julian Draxler, but the English club are not willing to meet the Bundesliga side's £37 million evaluation for the 20-year-old.

As revealed by David Kent of the Daily Mail, Arsene Wenger is finally readying a swoop for the German international, but he is unlikely to fire over such a lofty fee to seal the deal:

The 20-year-old's £37million release clause activates in the summer and Arsenal want to wrap up a deal before the end of the transfer window before interest in Draxler from other clubs mounts.

Arsenal were hoping to sign Draxler for around £30m but Schalke are holding out for £37m for their prized asset.

Wenger hinted he may be forced into the transfer market after the Gunners' 2-2 draw with Southampton, a match which saw Mathieu Flamini sent off, per Sky Sports, saying, "I have nothing to tell you tonight, maybe I hope we have something to tell you because we lost a few players now," said the manager.

Kent's report suggests Wenger plans on converting Draxler into an out-and-out-striker, much like he did with Thierry Henry, who was once a winger.

Sang Tan/Associated Press
                Should Arsenal pay £37 million for Julian Draxler?
                Yes
                No
                Draxler has made his name as a versatile attacking midfield type, someone who is comfortable on either flank or in the centre, so this process is likely to take time.

At his tender age, £37 million appears to be an awful lot.

While elite clubs always have to pay for potential when landing a future star, Draxler's buyout clause is put into perspective when you consider Juan Mata, two-time Chelsea player of the year and World Cup winner, cost Manchester United £37.1 million—per Sky Sports.

Jeremy Wilson of The Telegraph builds on this point, reminding Arsenal fans that Mesut Ozil cost a little more at £42 million:

While Draxler's hefty sum could put Arsenal off, the January transfer window often forces clubs into paying premium prices for star players.

Alex Brandon/Associated Press
                We've seen Andy Carroll transferred to Liverpool for £35 million in previous years, and Fernando Torres join Chelsea from Anfield for £50 million, but Wenger doesn't traditionally spend heavily during the winter window.

Last year, the experienced manager sanctioned just £8.5 million for Nacho Monreal, per The Telegraph.

Even so, it appears a deal for Draxler is getting closer. After all the anticipation and expectation, Schalke's willingness to budge from £37 million—or indeed, Arsenal's willingness to pay top dollar—will decide whether or not the German becomes an Emirates player.
                Great opening for Chelsea and their plan of denying any strengthening of any of their main rivals. Right?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

is draxler what we need though? isn't he another "attacking mid/wide player"?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yuh seit!
                    I am thinking - a striker is what we need.
                    A Berbatov or Boney? ...a goal machine.

Just look at our last match?
                    yes...we were outplayed but we got the chances to have won. ...but finishing was poor.

Comment

Wenger sees him developing into a van persie type striker with his help

Comment

Working...
                      X