Point to Prove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point to Prove?

Frank Lampard believes Chelsea are still the best team in the Premiership and he is determined to hammer home the point by inflicting a pair of defeats on Manchester United.
    Jose Mourinho's side surrendered the title to United on Sunday, but they have a chance to show they are still a match for the champions at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday and then in the FA Cup final on May 19.

Lampard will join his team-mates in forming a guard of honour for United before kick-off, but his passionate defence of Chelsea's position as the English game's top dogs makes it is safe to assume he will do so grudgingly.

"The best team in the country wins the league, that's what you say, especially when you win it," Lampard said. "But I think we've got the best squad.

"We've got a huge game coming up against United in the Cup final, but words don't mean much if you start saying 'we're the best.' What matters is performance and we've had to perform against a lot of things this year.

"There are a lot of reasons we lost the league and some of them weren't in our control. We can't make excuses and have to give credit to United who've had a great season, but I believe that without the injuries to Petr and John and many, many more there wouldn't be that gap in points.

"To me that's just a fact. But it's no excuse and all credit to United for what they've achieved. But we'll be back."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Re: Point to Prove?

These biotches need fi ease off the Terry and Cech excuse. Manu lost their entire back line and all Fergie said is "These things happen!"

Good luck proving a point tomorrow ... just mek sure the guard of honour is straight and unuh stand at attention.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Re: Point to Prove?

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      These biotches need fi ease off the Terry and Cech excuse. Manu lost their entire back line and all Fergie said is "These things happen!"

Good luck proving a point tomorrow ... just mek sure the guard of honour is straight and unuh stand at attention.
      Damn?
      I agree with you!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
      X