• Show
Clear All

• 3 New Potential Candidates to Be the Next JFF President

Does anyone know more about this?

Sportglobe

November 28, 2013

Check out This Weeks Sport Globe Headline

THE CAPTAIN MUST GO!

The sponsoring of at least eight parish associations by the Captain’s Bakery and Grill which is owned and operated by Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) president, Captain Horace Burrell, is being likened to an act of bribery and according to statues by the world governing body for football, FIFA, a definite “conflict of interest”.

Read more from our #Sportglobe article here:http://ow.ly/rgKh5 and share your views!

I hope other sponsors step up if that "conflict of interest" is removed.

Comment

hope is a big word here.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

One person in the football fraternity told me that nuff sponsor waiting to step up, but will not because of the captain. I found that quite strange given that Speid and the KSAFA folks have seen a significant decrease in sponsorship and he is way ahead of the other confeds.

Comment

Don't even talk because Portland FA still owe me and mi team from 19 how long.

I would want to see where places like St.Thomas and St.Mary going to get sponsorship from. The kind of money them getting from the captain is double and triple anything they were getting before and that is when the got any.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The other big word is "if".

Captain laughs when he reads this.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

A Sour Taste

Originally posted by Me View Post
              One person in the football fraternity told me that nuff sponsor waiting to step up, but will not because of the captain. I found that quite strange given that Speid and the KSAFA folks have seen a significant decrease in sponsorship and he is way ahead of the other confeds.
              That would be nice about sponsorship. but it just might be words floating under. I've heard the opposite for one leaders in the JFF and another who operation a confederation who'd like to see big changes but are absolutely weak as their parish programs would be hurt by even the small amount of cash the receive from you know who. Money is tight for that reason. Maybe in time they'll change their thinking and actions. Speid might have better off staying out of the JFF but to taste of bad football is not helping senior football ad not one wants to help youth development.

Comment

Working...
              X