English Lessons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English Lessons

So with a multitude of UB40 yutes heating up English professional leagues... what is the correct lesson and the best opportunity in this???
    The Football IQ test:

A. Wow! What a bonanza!
    We must get all these UB40 SnowFlake yutes to play for the RBZ ASAP before Babylon tek dem!!
    Ramp up di ReggaeBoyz to Watch program an watch di ride!!!!

B Ok juss wait til dem get older and decide who dem waan play fah. Whoeva Babylon rejek wi cyan tek dem wat leff fi play WCQ fi wi .... If dem clubs 'low dem

C. Wow! What a bonanza!
    If England can produce dat quality ah yutes from dem very limited stock of Jamaican DNA.... Jamaica should do wonders with our overabundance of 8-16 y.o. yutes now playing unorganized, unstructured football!!!
    Mek wi build a structured development program..topped off by a national academy.!!

TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Why it nuh build yet ?

Comment

Nuh aks mi... aks di PNP

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
        So with a multitude of UB40 yutes heating up English professional leagues... what is the correct lesson and the best opportunity in this???
        The Football IQ test:

A. Wow! What a bonanza!
        We must get all these UB40 SnowFlake yutes to play for the RBZ ASAP before Babylon tek dem!!

B Ok juss wait til dem get older and decide who dem waan play fah. Whoeva Babylon rejek wi cyan tek dem wat leff fi play WCQ fi wi .... If dem clubs 'low dem

C. Wow! What a bonanza!
        If England can produce dat quality ah yutes from dem very limited stock of Jamaican DNA.... Jamaica should do wonders with our overabundance of 8-16 y.o. yutes now playing unorganized, unstructured football!!!
        Mek wi build a structured development program..topped off by a national academy.!!

Correct answer is not listed...which is:

D. All of the above.

It is stupid to reject eligible players no matter where they reside or whether they have been brought up outside Jamaica. Broadening the pool is the best thing to do while trying to develop a grass roots system. In other words, it is not an "either, or" situation...that's why Deco played for Portugal...not Brazil.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

LOL... Brazil?? Portugal?? It look like unnu tink is foreign dis

In Jamaica's case the proposition IS an either or situation... Jamaica is in a financial shiithole and to believe (as Karl also does) that's it's a realistic proposition for the JFF to do "All of the above" ... is silly

Try to execute any project in Jamaica with Jamaicans and that point about the imperative to choose between necessities will be brought home to you forcefully.

What we've seen since 1998 is the short term focus of the JFF aimed at the shortest path to WCQ.... enabled by the short term focus of Jamaicans who measure football progress only by qualification for a World Cup.... even if it's with a team of 11 strangers..

That approach is beyond stupid in terms of developing a Jamaican football industry. The development of a football industry should be the key mission of the JFF. That mission starts with organized youth development as its bedrock... so that's JOB #1 Running around trying to recruit masses of remote, mediocre Englishmen should not be a priority

Mi nuh know bout unnu but mi nuh tolerate being led by short sighted people... with tunnel vision to boot
          Last edited by Don1; November 18, 2013, 10:55 PM.

Comment

LOL... Brazil?? Portugal?? It look like unnu tink is foreign dis

In Jamaica's case the proposition IS an either or situation... Jamaica is in a financial shiithole and to believe (as Karl also does) that's it's a realistic proposition for the JFF to do "All of the above" ... is silly

Try to execute any project in Jamaica with Jamaicans and that point about the imperative to choose between necessities will be brought home to you forcefully.

What we've seen since 1998 is the short term focus of the JFF aimed at the shortest path to WCQ.... enabled by the short term focus of Jamaicans who measure football progress only by qualification for a World Cup.... even if it's with a team of 11 strangers..

That approach is beyond stupid in terms of developing a Jamaican football industry. The development of a football industry should be the key mission of the JFF. That mission starts with organized youth development as its bedrock... so that's JOB #1 Running around trying to recruit masses of remote, mediocre Englishmen should not be a priority

Mi nuh know bout unnu but mi nuh tolerate being led by short sighted people... with tunnel vision to boot
            Don - so you think that the only way to develop our industry is to develop internally without the benefit of bonafide Jamaicans born abroad ("foreigners" in your opinion)? Well, okay. I think differently...but you only have to look at Israel to see how the "all of the above" model works politically. With regard to our issue of corruption and constrained resources, this is exactly why we need to be clever about leveraging the resources of more developed countries. Regardless of the strategy however, the objectives won't be met unless there is good leadership. Figuring that out is in my opinion, the real "Job 1" and maybe that project should NOT be "[executed] in Jamaica with Jamaicans" because "the imperative to choose between necessities will be" a hindrance.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Ok Paul... thanks for that thoughtful response

so you think that the only way to develop our industry is to develop internally without the benefit of bonafide Jamaicans born abroad ("foreigners" in your opinion)? Well, okay. I think differently...but you only have to look at Israel to see how the "all of the above" model works politically
              No I don't think that's the only way.
              I do think however that internal development is by far the most important and most indispensable way to create a football industry.... It's a prerequisite
              ALL else is secondary to organic, local development imho... including the World Cup appearances we all crave

With regard to our issue of corruption and constrained resources, this is exactly why we need to be clever about leveraging the resources of more developed countries
              1000% agree... which is why I suggested a strategic partnership with football powerhouse Brazil... leveraging both nation's strengths in a mutually beneficial way
              http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...referrerid=298

Regardless of the strategy however, the objectives won't be met unless there is good leadership. Figuring that out is in my opinion, the real "Job 1
              I agree...which is why I've consistently been calling for the retirement of Burrell and his failed strategies

maybe that project should NOT be "[executed] in Jamaica with Jamaicans" because "the imperative to choose between necessities will be" a hindrance.
              Unfortunately I don't see how Jamaica can transpose its football issue and its fixes to another jurisdiction ... but I'm open to learning

Comment

No I don't think that's the only way.
                I do think however that internal development is by far the most important and most indispensable way to create a football industry.... It's a prerequisite. ALL else is secondary to organic, local development imho... including the World Cup appearances we all crave
                Okay - but you realise that the way you posted the multiple choice in your original question, to me you made it black & white, not a matter of "priorities". In this regard, I have no issue and I don't think anyone would argue (including Burrell) that homegrown development is the number one priority. But to develop only at home, without broadening the pool to include Jamaicans abroad (and they are Jamaicans, not Englishmen etc.) is counter productive. We need to make sure there is as broad and diverse a pool of talent as possible and create an environment where they think Jamaica (not England, America etc.) first. The real solution lies first with correct leadership, aspirational vision, attainable goals and uncompromising approach to holding everyone in the program accountable, from the head on down to the little toe...but it starts at the top.

Comment

Ok Paul... I admit my multiple choice test would not pass a scientific test for its design... I also concede that limited numbers of Jamaicans-by-convenience can be helpful in WCQ

The fact remains that there is no organized youth development (which you agree is fundamental) and more devastating.... there's no clamor for it by Jamaicans. This type of behavior enables the folly of the JFF. I see a lot of that enabling behavior on this forum

There's nuff clamoring however by Jamaicans for a World Cup appearance by any means necessary. This shortsighted outlook gives short shrift to local development and leads people to demand the instant players out of England...to the point where during the recent WCQ we had 8 out of 10 outfielders being English

Of course this foolish strategy failed... leading to the WORST of all possible outcomes... No WCQ and more retarded local development

This is the psychology of perpetual failure in Jamaican football... myopia & a desire for instant gratification by Jamaicans..not just the JFF

We need to change our mindset to be successful

Comment

Ok Paul... I admit my multiple choice test would not pass a scientific test for its design... I also concede that limited numbers of Jamaicans-by-convenience can be helpful in WCQ

The fact remains that there is no organized youth development (which you agree is fundamental) and more devastating.... there's no clamor for it by Jamaicans. This type of behavior enables the folly of the JFF. I see a lot of that enabling behavior on this forum

There's nuff clamoring however by Jamaicans for a World Cup appearance by any means necessary. This shortsighted outlook gives short shrift to local development and leads people to demand the instant players out of England...to the point where during the recent WCQ we had 8 out of 10 outfielders being English

Of course this foolish strategy failed... leading to the WORST of all possible outcomes... No WCQ and more retarded local development

This is the psychology of perpetual failure in Jamaican football... myopia & a desire for instant gratification by Jamaicans..not just the JFF

We need to change our mindset to be successful
                    Well, we both agree that grass roots development is fundamental. But I don't believe the failure of the recent strategy was directly attributable to the source of the players. I think that Tappa misfired in Azteca in a game we should have won (McAnuff missed a sitter, plus we had other chances). Had that game gone our way, the "strategy" may well have worked. Even so, I concede that the strategy of relying only on foreign based players is short sighted, but then the question that must be asked is: "Could a selection of local players only - no foreign based professionals - take us to the next level"? Unfortunately, I don't think that is possible either. So we have to be realistic and get everyone on board with a sensible game plan, but to get there, we need leadership. That to me trumps everything else. Once that is there, the rest is semantics, but as you said, the challenge is resources and our own predisposition to corruption. It is quite unfortunate, but this is not a simple problem to solve.
                    Last edited by Paul Marin; November 19, 2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

The Football IQ test:

A. Wow! What a bonanza!

C. Wow! What a bonanza!

So it proves that in our stock (forget the naysayers) TALENT ABOUNDS!

The lessons:
                      What or 'cousins' in England can do so can we. -
                      so...
                      a) put in (=create and operate) top quality Youth Development System, install quality coaches/teachers at each rung of such a system...

...and...

b) cull best of the best available into TOP QUALITY AGE-GROUPS national teams...

c) Weed out the current failing coaches at the local senior levels and install TOP QUALITY COACHES... It must be working at install such coaches by accelerated means.

We also need (...desperately...) improved...vastly improved play at our local senior levels.

d) create TOP QUALITY NATIONAL senior TEAMs with best available players (*at this time such senior TEAMS must be put together with deserving UB40= not only British Isles based players...but overseas based players) + deserving local players).

*NB: We are where we are!!!!
                      So this is...at this moment in time=NOW!

Look there is sense to "waiting". We must immediately do.

We learn from the past twin devils of **'failure to grasp opportunities' and 'seen results'.

**=failure to fully exploit our talents + such that there was a failure to grasp economic possibilities...to turn around what has been past underachievements, and today is, bottom level input by football (a football industry) to national growth.

As it relates to our overseas players of quality?

Said it above, "no waiting around".
                      The powers that be/"the authorities" must confront (not fight but rather to boldly engage) those players considered of quality to be included in our national teams and establish immediately acceptance of inclusion or no.

Why the hell would we wait?
                      Makes no sense...either the player joins in fully or no (whenever called). Either "the authorities" sensibly make a determination to invite or no.
                      We need that PERPETUAL RENEWAL in place now.

Football is led...or football must be led by persons who make best choices for our nation.

On the matter of national teams the possibilities for each of our footballers are:
                      a) acceptance of or rejection of "call" by "the authorities";

b) once in the national squad; there is the sensible and only way to forward progress as determined by "the authorities" on policy that of a continuous determination being made/continuous assessment on continued suitability for (continued) inclusion. Being in our national squad gives no guarantee on taking the field or again being "called".

Match over match being retained'/recalled depends on quality of performance when measured against available players' performances=needs of TEAM!!!
                      TEAM is paramount;

c) Being of required quality as needed as determined by the authorities=call.

There is one thing that must be recognized by players who wish to play for Jamaica and for the leaders of Jamaica's football - There is always "free will"...and that must always be respected. It must be understood by each that each (player and "the authorities") shall operate and as fact is operating in own best interest.
                      Last edited by Karl; November 19, 2013, 02:09 PM.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

ok boss

Comment

ok boss
                          Respec' D1.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                            So it proves that in our stock (forget the naysayers) TALENT ABOUNDS!

The lessons:
                            What or 'cousins' in England can do so can we. -
                            so put in...
                            a) put in (=create and operate) top quality Youth development system, install quality coaches/teachers at each rung of such a system...

...and...

b) cull best of the best available into TOP QUALITY AGE-GROUPS national teams...

c) create TOP QUALITY NATIONAL senior TEAMs with best available players (*at this time such senior TEAMS must be put together with deserving UB40= not only British Isles based...but overseas based players) + deserving local players).

NB: We are where we are!!!!
                            So this is at this moment in time=NOW!
                            can someone translate this for me please? I don't understand karl-speak!

Comment

Ok Karl... I'll let you do the ReggaeBoyz to Watch English soap opera ting... I'm with Assassin in following the NPL/RSPL

Comment

Working...
                              X