This is a pretty Strong Trini team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl View Post

...look on the bright side - Welcome back, Warlord!
    Thanks Boss.

Comment

Results are secondary at this stage...now is the time for Winnie to implement a system and develop players that fit the system...I don't care if we don't win another match for 2 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        Welcome back Warlord. You figget fi add in your Kenwyn Jones is better than Fuller argument. Also, have me confused when you say "we". After so many years now, you still can't pick a side?
        At the time KJ was younger and had more upside while Fuller was already in his prime. It was a hard comparison...both players had talent and could do different things but I felt with Jones he'd become the more complete player because age and time was on his side.

He never improved his game and didn't get any better, so if you're asking me if I still think he's got upside... the answer is NO. He's one dimensional. Both players are good club ballers but not superstars. Both are good at what they do... Fuller was good at creating for himself and taking on defenders but was poor in the air! Jones has better aerial ability but he cannot create for himself and requires midfield service to be effective. He's also poor at getting behind defenders.

Why pick one side ova the other? I feel like I've got the best of both worlds. I'll admit though I've been moreso frustrated with JA's performances in recent years hence the reason I've stayed away from the boards. It's difficult watching WC tourneys and hearing my Mexican/American friends talking about going to the WC every damn cycle. When will we ever get there again???

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
          Results are secondary at this stage...now is the time for Winnie to implement a system and develop players that fit the system...I don't care if we don't win another match for 2 years...
          That right there is the first problem. The NT coach's job isn't to develop players and teach them the basics at international level.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
            Game on Nov 19th

A new dawn beckons for the Socawarriors who are clearly on a roll and poised to build a team that surpasses the strength of the team made famous be Yorke and Latas.

A new deep power-defense, previously known to be the weakspot for T&T, marshalled by players coming out of the production line of their Proleague and plying their trade abroad and locally. With this new defensive confidence, the socawarrior team has the gall to arrogantly rotate players, playing their B squad of defense and still emasculate the Jakans inna dem yard.

Even without their new Latapy (Kevin Molino) they have tons of options in Guerra, Hector, Hyland. It seems like for 2018 ... look out for T&T with their own local coach from San Fernando Stephen Hart, nephew of Carnival Mas man Edmund Hart who got tired of building Canada's team with T&T know how. Iz Soca in dey raas.
            First off congrats on the win. Big up to Edwards and Birchall for the contributions they made to the Soca warriors. Congrats to Coach Hart who I think is doing a very good job building this team from the back... BUT, just remember he was fired by the Canadian team after Canada got 8-0 in a WC qualifier (from Honduras I think) when they only needed a draw to move forward. A coach always has to have his bags packed... pity the same can't be done to administrators.
            Peter R

Comment

Ok you get a pass from me. You have mellowed since your long absence and it seems you've come to your senses re Fuller vs Jones. Something I saw in 5 seconds after seeing Jones play. Carry on good chap.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

KJ is fast approaching his sell by date! a lot sooner than Fuller did his. KJ has been a genuine disappointment IMO.
                Peter R

Comment

Well it beats sitting around & waiting on the green light for an academy system to be implemented

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                    absolutely correct

except for not being concerned about a 2 year losing streak
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                    X