Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-17s lose again!

U-17s lose again!
    ... surrender to Costa Rica in World Cup qualifierBY SEAN A WILLIAMS Assistant Sports Editor williamss@jamaicaobserver.com
    Thursday, May 03, 2007

There were contrasting emotions at the National Stadium last night following Jamaica's 1-0 loss to Costa Rica in their CONCACAF Group B Under-17 World Cup qualifying tournament.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...128&category=1
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Re: U-17s lose again!

Mosiah: Could we have your detailed analysis? ...and, words on what we should/could expect to see in our Reggae Youth coming matches?

Even as Haiti has claimed the #1 spot here...please remember CFU bragging rights - #2 spot - are at stake?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Karl; May 3, 2007, 07:48 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

time to move past that karl......what a shame it would be if neither team makes it what a shame

Comment

So Boxhill adm just wrote thier obituary .
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Naminirt View Post
          time to move past that karl......what a shame it would be if neither team makes it what a shame
          Do you mean move past the rivalry? That will only happen if one of us accelerate away from the other.

If one of our Federations improve to the point where national teams and players are many, many rungs nearer to TOP OF THE WORLD than the other, then the rivalry will die.

Now the good option would be if both of our Federations have our football race towards TOP OF THE WORLD and thus keep the rivalry healthy.

At this moment we are both just about mired in the same level of mediocrity. What a pity? ...what a shame, particularly as we both have talent in abundance!

Hey...we are hoping and ing that leadership to 'motor' us on shall shortly arrive!

Comment

True, Nyamdirt. Enuff with CFU!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Don, the difference between carib and central and north american football is their professionalism. That's all they have over us. I just watch the JA-CR match on TV and we totally outplayed them up to the 70th when they scored(due to the Jamaican players standing and watching CR players run past them after a set piece). We got our chances and wasted them. David Hunt seems to have an inexplicable liking to Dever Orgil. If a man not playing well take him offa the Raas field. Even if him name Ronaldinho. Orgil was just giving the ball away when build up reach to the final third. Orgil was ****************ty in the first match and just a little less ****************ty in this match. We got to get rid of favouratism. I mean the man had Andre Steele on the bench, the best player we have. I could hear the crowd shouting for Hunt to put him on and when he got up off the bench and start jogging they started cheering. He came on and had two strikes. One that forced the keeper into a save. I'm sure he would've made a difference had he started.

Well, our midfield was GREAT so I give props for that. Not even the senior team midfield(with Hue) don't look as good as these youngsters. We probably had 80% possession throughout the whole match.

Practically, it's over for us and what we should do is keep these players together and prepare them for U-20 qualifying in the future. We just need to get them working with an International coach(not a small-time High School coach) and let them work on finish the chances they create. This team can be unstoppable in the future.

At least we'll get a consolation in beating Trinidad.

JAH BLESS!

Comment

Nice report, Lionpaw.

I feel a bit differently on some issues and will make a post on the series in a few days.

I agree that Orgill has been having a hard time thus far, and everyone's favourite, John Ross Doyley, in my view, has also been pitiful.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
                  Don, the difference between carib and central and north american football is their professionalism. That's all they have over us. I just watch the JA-CR match on TV and we totally outplayed them up to the 70th when they scored(due to the Jamaican players standing and watching CR players run past them after a set piece). We got our chances and wasted them. David Hunt seems to have an inexplicable liking to Dever Orgil. If a man not playing well take him offa the Raas field. Even if him name Ronaldinho. Orgil was just giving the ball away when build up reach to the final third. Orgil was ****************ty in the first match and just a little less ****************ty in this match. We got to get rid of favouratism. I mean the man had Andre Steele on the bench, the best player we have. I could hear the crowd shouting for Hunt to put him on and when he got up off the bench and start jogging they started cheering. He came on and had two strikes. One that forced the keeper into a save. I'm sure he would've made a difference had he started.

Well, our midfield was GREAT so I give props for that. Not even the senior team midfield(with Hue) don't look as good as these youngsters. We probably had 80% possession throughout the whole match.

Practically, it's over for us and what we should do is keep these players together and prepare them for U-20 qualifying in the future. We just need to get them working with an International coach(not a small-time High School coach) and let them work on finish the chances they create. This team can be unstoppable in the future.

At least we'll get a consolation in beating Trinidad.

JAH BLESS!
                  80 % possession yeah ok nice one .... now i can tell yuh ah lie

Comment

Working...
                  X