Anybody can provide an answer here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody can provide an answer here?

Kevin Prince Boateng played for Ac Milan against PSV and scored 2 goals in a 3-0 victory. He then got a transfer (he seeked) to Shakle in Germany, a team that is also in the UCL group stage.

To my surprise he played for Shakle yesterday. Isn't there a rule that if a player represents one club in the competition, then receives a transfer to another club he cannot play for the other club in the same competition. The rule covers UCL, Europa league and cup competitions such as Fa Cup, Copa del Rey etc.

So how come Boateng ended up playing for Shakle yesterday?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

UEFA has relaxed its rules on players appearing for two teams in one season in the Champions and Europa Leagues.
    FOOTBALL Champions League trophy - 0
    MORE STORIES
    Beckham slips down football rich list
    Henry: Arsenal tie is awkward
    Power Rankings: United top
    The executive committee has agreed that a player who appears for a club in any of the preliminary rounds of the Champions League or Europa League can play for another team in the competition proper, so long as his original team is eliminated in the preliminary competition.

"The rules have been relaxed regarding what the English call 'cup-tied' players, that is players who have already played for one team in a competition in a season," said UEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino.

"From next season, if a player's club is eliminated and he signs for a new club by the end of the summer transfer window on September 1 he can play for his new club in either competition.

"If he is not signed by the end of the summer window, he can move in the January window."

The one stipulation that remains is that clubs can add up to three new players in January, only one of whom will be eligible if they have previously played in the qualifying rounds.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/240320...d-players.html
    Last edited by Karl; September 19, 2013, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Za View Post
      UEFA has relaxed its rules on players appearing for two teams in one season in the Champions and Europa Leagues.
      FOOTBALL Champions League trophy - 0
      MORE STORIES
      Beckham slips down football rich list
      Henry: Arsenal tie is awkward
      Power Rankings: United top
      The executive committee has agreed that a player who appears for a club in any of the preliminary rounds of the Champions League or Europa League can play for another team in the competition proper, so long as his original team is eliminated in the preliminary competition.
      "The rules have been relaxed regarding what the English call 'cup-tied' players, that is players who have already played for one team in a competition in a season," said UEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino.
      "From next season, if a player's club is eliminated and he signs for a new club by the end of the summer transfer window on September 1 he can play for his new club in either competition.
      "If he is not signed by the end of the summer window, he can move in the January window."
      The one stipulation that remains is that clubs can add up to three new players in January, only one of whom will be eligible if they have previously played in the qualifying rounds.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/240320...d-players.html

I wasn't aware of this. In any case, check this line, "..., so long as his original team is eliminated in the preliminary competition" AC Milan is still in the competition.

Anyway, Thank you Za.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        Kevin Prince Boateng played for Ac Milan against PSV and scored 2 goals in a 3-0 victory. He then got a transfer (he seeked) to Shakle in Germany, a team that is also in the UCL group stage.

To my surprise he played for Shakle yesterday. Isn't there a rule that if a player represents one club in the competition, then receives a transfer to another club he cannot play for the other club in the same competition. The rule covers UCL, Europa league and cup competitions such as Fa Cup, Copa del Rey etc.

So how come Boateng ended up playing for Shakle yesterday?
        I think it is that he cannot play against the club - his former club - he just left. ...do not know if it is rule of the competition or some competitions or something usually inserted in contracts???? Guess a 'google' could help on clarification.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          I wasn't aware of this. In any case, check this line, "..., so long as his original team is eliminated in the preliminary competition" AC Milan is still in the competition.

Anyway, Thank you Za.
          I looked through the rules and I found it 18.07

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...9_DOWNLOAD.pdf

As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA
          Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for
          more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally, however,
          a player who has been fielded in the first, second, third qualifying round or the
          play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled
          to play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another
          club as from the group stage. Moreover, as from the start of the round of 16,

Comment

Originally posted by Za View Post
            I looked through the rules and I found it 18.07

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...9_DOWNLOAD.pdf

As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA
            Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for
            more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally, however,
            a player who has been fielded in the first, second, third qualifying round or the
            play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled
            to play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another
            club as from the group stage. Moreover, as from the start of the round of 16,

Much respect. If we ever cross paths I owe you a red stripe beer.

Comment

Working...
            X