Burrell has damaged Jamaican

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burrell has damaged Jamaican

Football to the point where Jamaicans will not pay to watch a team packed with ub40 .Its a turn off,we feel short changed ,don't get me wrong ,I appreciate them but there is a disconnect with the masses from a cultural struggle perspective, how can I or anyone identify with ballas who have never been through the ranks of high school or bush league ball,and to see them struggle in last place in this qualifier says it all,if that is the ambition then bush league ballas would have done that with more pride.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Tuffy scoring that goal was like a cultural release in expression the whole island and diaspora felt it..... The shout and cry was balance and fairness in opportunity

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

This is like death by a thousand cuts

Lightening doesn't strike twice because we barely squeezed through to the final six.

If we actually had a chance to qualify, stadium would have been full.

Stopped watching after the CR goal and it was local based player that caused that goal.

Marlon King was total crap.

We are not getting blown out. We have a very serious problem scoring goals. The Championship defenders are way way better than what's available locally.

Credit the Central Americans as they appeared to have done their homework. Then again we are lacking games as a team/squad.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
        Tuffy scoring that goal was like a cultural release in expression the whole island and diaspora felt it..... The shout and cry was balance and fairness in opportunity
        Yes... Tuffy ah di Greatest
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Fi real man it really sad fi see how many chances rux like Ryan Johnson get. Man a start every game as striker and don't reach manning cup level in terms of being able to execute the basics in football. Very sad for local players n fans fi see dem kinda baller deh in the team.

Comment

Boss a nuh dat , man can mek di team but show wi ,how man an man get a fair chance nuh fi mek di team , yuh caan juss call up a bag a man and dem nuh get nuh practice match fi say dem good , wi muss jusss believe dem good ?....a suh dem tink wi fool, frighten fi friday.

Yuh ave big NPL BUSH LEAGUE , NOW WC SCORER a beg fi a chance pan TVJ ?

There is a disconnect ,whether we agree or not on the UB40 , the disconnect is how you include any balla.

Mi nuh feel nuh vibe from dah side yah.Mi caaan relate to nuh rush inna side ub40 man.

sorry

Comment

Boss a nuh dat , man can mek di team but show wi ,how man an man get a fair chance nuh fi mek di team , yuh caan juss call up a bag a man and dem nuh get nuh practice match fi say dem good , wi muss jusss believe dem good ?

Yuh ave big NPL BUSH LEAGUE , NOW WC SCORER a beg fi a chance pan TVJ ?

There is a disconnect ,whether we agree or not on the UB40 , the disconnect is how you include any balla.

Mi nuh feel nuh vibe from dah side yah.Mi caaan relate to nuh rush inna side ub40 man.

sorry
              Share di same sentiments me boss which is why me dev'n go stadium. me nuh know none a dem bredda deh and it aint like dem good fi me say bombaat me a go fi see Beckford mash up a team. bare waste man. I'm sure jamaican fans would much prefer to see players they're familiar with in the team, all if dem a struggle and i'm sure they're still not as pathetic as these ruxes

Comment

Stadium will never sell out again like 98 ,memba mi tell yuh dat , until dem guh back to basics.

Comment

Stadium will never sell out again like 98 ,memba mi tell yuh dat , until dem guh back to basics.
                  True dat cause right now Jamaican Football a go one way, and Jamaican fans a go the opposite. At least Winnie kinda listen to the appeals of the ppl and a try garner back we support

Comment

Seriously talk to any man across the board even the die hards we have a disconnect problem.

Big one , the feelings were all for a certain Tuffy , more an expression of rebellion a mean stadium start kick up when di Tuff one a warm up and when im buss di net , di place done , that said the reception he got fromn the other players (UB40) was cold, a mean no man a tear off im back and shorts , juss a little slap on the hand, seems to be internal ,also on and off the football field in the team.

Vibes sofff.

Comment

Seriously talk to any man across the board even the die hards we have a disconnect problem.

Big one , the feelings were all for a certain Tuffy , more an expression of rebellion a mean stadium start kick up when di Tuff one a warm up and when im buss di net , di place done , that said the reception he got fromn the other players (UB40) was cold, a mean no man a tear off im back and shorts , juss a little slap on the hand, seems to be internal ,also on and off the football field in the team.

Vibes sofff.
                      Well, if mi a big Premiership balla and a play fi how long and cyaan score nuh goal fi mi adopted country, how yuh tink mi a go feel when one NPL/RSPL/RuxPL 34 year old balla come show mi up and score a world-class goal!?!? Pie-zen mi waan pie-zen dat, init?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Stadium was a sea ofr red, di german say it was embarrassing until tuffy bring di vibes....man say tuffy nuh fit , but im ave di vibes.

Comment

'My Job Is Just To Score Goals' - Tuffy Grateful For Faith S

'My Job Is Just To Score Goals' - Tuffy Grateful For Faith Shown By Coach

Published: Thursday | September 12, 20131 Comment

Jamaica's Jermaine 'Tuffy' Anderson (centre) shakes off a challenge from Costa Rica's Christian Gamboa, while (from left) Jamaica's Christopher Humphrey, Westley Morgan, Joel (Jobi) McAnuff and Costa Rica's Bryan Ruiz look on, during the CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying football match at the National Stadium on Tuesday night. Anderson scored in injury time to earn Jamaica a 1-1 draw. - Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer

Ryon
                          Jones, Staff Reporter[/color]
                          Jermaine 'Tuffy' Anderson is pleased with the faith that the local football public and new head coach, Winfried Schäfer, has shown in him.[/color]
                          At the end of the day, though, Anderson believes it is all up to him to go out and prove his worth.
                          "I think the whole country believes in Tuffy, but it is not about the country, it is about Tuffy, and I have to go out there and do what it takes to please the country," Anderson shared.[/color]
                          "I know my job each day I turn out on the field. My job is just to score goals; I don't have any skill."
                          The 33-year-old striker was for months the centre of public debate, over whether or not he should be included in the country's World Cup Qualifying squad.
                          The situation even sparked small-scale demonstrations in the two cities - Kingston and Montego Bay, where he's from - by supporters, because of his continuous omission by former coach Theodore Whitmore, who also hails from ]Montego Bay.
                          The appointment of Schäfer in July brought about a change in fortunes for the country's local premier league leading scorer for the past few seasons, as he was called up for the squad to play against Panama and Costa Rica.
                          He did not even make the bench against Panama, but when given the chance on Tuesday night, he wasted little time in silencing his critics and giving his supporters something to cheer about.
                          Anderson, who came on as a 68th-minute substitute, came close with his first attempt in the 86th minute, before notching an equaliser for the Boyz in the 90+2 minutes.
                          The goal scored by Anderson was the first the team was scoring from open play in the eight games contested in the CONCACAF Hexagonal.
                          "I think I put out a lot of work, and I think the coach has belief in me, and I have to give him thanks," Anderson said.
                          Keep Focused
                          "I know I was not going to play in the Panama game, he told me to keep focused on the Costa Rica game. I stayed focused, as he gave me the time that I was going to go out on the field, and I kept cool and calm and hoped and when I got my chance I just grabbed it."
                          Anderson's doubters might have wondered why he was being introduced into the game when the team was trailing and desperately needed a win, with the likes of Theo Robinson, Ryan Johnson and Darren Mattocks on the bench. But there was some method to the madness, Schäfer explained.
                          "I know this player could change the match, especially for our supporters," Schäfer said. "The moment he (Anderson) comes in he gives our players a second power. If you notice, he made pressure and that's what I wanted.
                          "If I played Tuffy from the first minute, after 20 minutes I would have had to take him out, he would be finished and can't run, as he is not in season," Schäfer explained.
                          "Tuffy is a player (who) maybe he runs and the ball goes against his knee and it is a goal, he is a lucky man and that's what I want," the German coach outlined. "I am happy about him, that's why I take him in."
                          ryon.jones@gleanerjm.com

[/color]

Comment

Football to the point where Jamaicans will not pay to watch a team packed with ub40 .Its a turn off,we feel short changed ,don't get me wrong ,I appreciate them but there is a disconnect with the masses from a cultural struggle perspective, how can I or anyone identify with ballas who have never been through the ranks of high school or bush league ball,and to see them struggle in last place in this qualifier says it all,if that is the ambition then bush league ballas would have done that with more pride.
                            I agree with some parts of the post, it is important that the public can identify with the ballers that's why it is important to make sure that we don't bring in players who are not better than what we have. Regardless of who were playing with Jamaica sitting at the bottom of the table with little or no hope of qualifying stadium would still be empty. If we were sitting near the top of the group regardless of who were playing stadium would be full.

Comment

Stadium was a sea ofr red, di german say it was embarrassing until tuffy bring di vibes....man say tuffy nuh fit , but im ave di vibes.
                              Marlon King mussy fit then

Comment

Working...
                              X