No announcement yet.

Reggae Boyz showed great potential...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The defense and our midfield was excellent ...save the silly defender not meeting our goalkeeper's pass to him and the following silly error by the goalkeeper not saving at his near post.

where do you say it was a silly pass?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

btw..yuh watch the video?!!!! the defender had to TURN BACK and chase the ball and the attacker was always heading for the ball .... the atatcker had the advantage because of the **** poor pass. it was not even a 50/50 ball! how can you blame the defender for that??!!

so i said OK, say the defender is at fault, the lion's share of the blame is with the goalie for the rrant throw and not defending his near post!!

if it looks like i am twisting anything maybe it is because i am trying to find logic in how you approached the whole thing and for that i sincerely apologise.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        btw..yuh watch the video?!!!! the defender had to TURN BACK and chase the ball and the attacker was always heading for the ball .... the atatcker had the advantage because of the **** poor pass. it was not even a 50/50 ball! how can you blame the defender for that??!!

so i said OK, say the defender is at fault, the lion's share of the blame is with the goalie for the rrant throw and not defending his near post!!

if it looks like i am twisting anything maybe it is because i am trying to find logic in how you approached the whole thing and for that i sincerely apologise.
        There you go again changing the facts.

What are you talking about on "the defender had to turn back"?
        Never happened! Our defender was always facing his goalkeeper.

...and again you are changing the facts on saying -
        "...it was not even a 50:50 ball" with inference that the defender was at a disadvantage.

It was never so. The defender was nearer to goalkeeper than the forward when the 'keeper's pass was made...and secondly he was also nearer to the ball than the forward when the 'keeper's pass was made...and finally both our defender and forward were facing towards the goalkeeper and ball.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
          Much to build on, the organisation and defensive shape over the last 2 games were very good we finally look rock solid at the back. We are short in midfield though, we are using wingers to play central midfield which is a hinderance and this 3-5-2 shape is crying out for Demar Phillips, he has been a massive lost he would have given us a better balance on the left and a more attacking threat. Everyone worked hard and gave it everything it was a shame we couldn't pick up the 3 points.
          Agreed!

However, I believe the take-the-field X1 and Tuffy, could have given us a win if a few sensible plays were made by McCleary...

...and on his making those plays King on one instance and whomever he used with a pass in or around the penalty-area put the ball in the net.

McCleary worked very hard - btw: his dribbling was most often excellent - did everything right often but for taking shots that were not on or on other occasion poor shots when passing to better placed TEAMmate appeared the way to go (=holding on the ball unnecessarily).
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The defense and our midfield was excellent ...save the silly defender not meeting our goalkeeper's pass to him and the following silly error by the goalkeeper not saving at his near post.

where do you say it was a silly pass?

You do know you acknowledged in an earlier post that we were on about the goalkeeper making 2 mistakes?

See yours below:
            so the goalie committed 2 errors the last of which is what actually caused the ball to go into the net, the defender commited one error 1, if i buy your argument ... but yet it is the defender's fault?

something is flawed with that logic!
            ...and you may have discerned it from my admission that the goalkeeper was seen to have made a weak pass -

See below:
            ...What must you do in a situation where a ball is passed to you very slowly?

You say your teammate should have passed with greater weight or more accurately or he should have done both. .

I agree!

Comment

succinctly put, it was a ALL down to the goalie's errors. the defender is not to blame in the least.

how can it be a weak pass and be a 50/50 ball? huh??!! anyway ... mi head a hurt mi because right now mi not even know what yuh trying to seh!!!!

Comment

succinctly put, it was a ALL down to the goalie's errors. the defender is not to blame in the least.

how can it be a weak pass and be a 50/50 ball? huh??!! anyway ... mi head a hurt mi because right now mi not even know what yuh trying to seh!!!!
                What does 50:50 ball have to do with strength of pass?

50:50 for or to(wards) two players means both parties have equal opportunity to get to the ball.

It was not a 50:50 ball as our defender had all the advantages to get to the ball first - nearer to goalkeeper and ball. He just did not use his opportunities well!

Comment

Working...
                X