RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are like a tiger, we have to fight! - Schaefer .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are like a tiger, we have to fight! - Schaefer .

Jamaica's Reggae Boyz will be without two key players; goalkeeper and captain Donovan Ricketts as well as tough tackling midfielder Rodolph Austin, when they face Costa Rica in a must win CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying Hexagonal stage game at the National Stadium tomorrow, starting at 7 p.m.

However, despite the situation, head coach Winfried Schaefer believes that the vibe in the team, which he likened to a tiger, is high.

"As you can see, the vibe in the team is good. We are like a tiger, we have to fight. Nobody can kill us," said the German coach before yesterday's training session at the National Stadium.

three matches

Despite Jamaica's fading chance of a second World Cup appearance, Schaefer is urging the supporters to fill the stadium. "We have to win the three matches. The situation is the same. I know before that it is not Christmas. I hope the stadium is full. We need the 12th man in the stands,' Schaefer expressed.

Meanwhile, Ricketts will miss tomorrow's game after he picked up a yellow card in the Reggae Boyz 0-0 draw against Panama at the Rommel Fernendez Stadium in Panama City last Friday. He is out due to an accumulation of yellow cards.

poor decisions

With Dwayne Miller not yet fully recovered from a twisted left ankle suffered in training last week, Jacomena Barrett joins Richard McCallum and Gariece McPherson as the goalkeepers vying for the top spot.

Midfielder Rodolph Austin will also miss the game because of a red card he received in Friday night's game, while defender Alvas Powell is also a doubt.

"Ricketts is out on two yellow cards. and Austin is also out. The referee made poor decisions," Schaefer said. "I am not sure of the team as yet. We will see. We know we have to make changes."

"I don't play injured players, so if he recovers, he could be in the team," the coach disclosed about Powell's chance of playing against Costa Rica.

Meanwhile, the Costa Ricans, who could seal a spot in the 2014 World Cup Finals, are expected in the island today at 2 p.m.

With three round of games remaining in the Hexgonal stage, Costa Rica leads on 14 points, closely followed by the United States of America on 13 points, then Honduras (10), Mexico (8), Panama (7) and Jamaica (3).

After the six nations complete their 10 games in October, the top three on points will qualify for the World Cup, while the fourth place finisher will battle Oceania winner, New Zealand for another spot.
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

so the CAPTAIN gets a yellow card for time wasting, and will miss the next game !!! how ridiculous !!!! him neva know that before the game !!???
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Working...
    X