No announcement yet.

Watson declines Jamaica call-up and FC Dallas reap benefits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes but then he cannot participate in club activities.

Comment

not sure this is taccurate. if he says he is injured and plays for the club on the same day or within a short time either before or after then, yes. but if the individual makes the decision not to accpet the call up, then HE, will have to face the consequences with with the FA.

anybody remembers david johnson?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

If a man say he is no longer playing for the national team, FIFA can ban him from his club game?

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
          If a man say he is no longer playing for the national team, FIFA can ban him from his club game?
          Me: You are on the right course.
          FIFA has not removed the right of the player to accept or decline selection.
          Those suggesting otherwise are putting out incorrect information.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Correct Karl thats why players retire from intl football. That way you cannot be called and there is no obligation. If you do not and you are called and your refused, although Fifa or your association cannot force you to play or participate they can stop you from any club activities or punish your club. Thats is why club sometime come up with the mystery injury and then you will hear the host country said fine, i want my doctor to asses him. If JFF really wanted Jevauhn he would be there.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
              Correct Karl thats why players retire from intl football. That way you cannot be called and there is no obligation. If you do not and you are called and your refused, although Fifa or your association cannot force you to play or participate they can stop you from any club activities or punish your club. Thats is why club sometime come up with the mystery injury and then you will hear the host country said fine, i want my doctor to asses him. If JFF really wanted Jevauhn he would be there.
              Bwoy, OJ...I can understand Watson's position and as you said if the JFF really needed him then an offer he could not refuse would have been made.

Looking at it from the possibility of JFF's long memory...Watson took a hell of a gutsy position. Let us hope his career takes off and he does not live to regret his decision.

Contrary to Maudib's writing off of his quality, I always thought he had great potential to develop into top quality baller.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                Don't you need international caps to transfer to England?
                ...or change of immigrant status!

Comment

Watson might be frustrated with how Jamaica's football is being "managed" & trying to get a better contract, BUT he needs to learn how & when to respond. His response insinuates that helping Dallas reach the playoffs is more important than helping Jamaica reach the WC, & that the ReggaeBoyz are loosers.

Comment

At his age (30 in October), forget about fulfilling potential......It's about making as much money as possible.

Comment

"insinuates"? rather explicit ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yes!!! But didn't want to go there, for his sake.

Comment

??? he went there!

Comment

Working...
                          X