Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watson declines Jamaica call-up and FC Dallas reap benefits

Watson declines Jamaica call-up and FC Dallas reap the benefits

Watson’s long-range goal may have been a bit unexpected, but the real surprise is that he was wearing red-and-white hoops instead of the green-and-yellow of Jamaica. The Jamaican Football Federation called up the midfielder for their September World Cup qualifiers against Panama and Costa Rica, but Watson turned them down.

“I think playing for Jamaica is important because it’s my country, but … I want to go to the [MLS Cup] playoffs,” Watson told reporters after the match. “That’s the most important thing. I’m here all season ... I’m a competitor, I hate losing. Whenever I lose, I can’t sleep, I can’t eat. I’d rather be here than be in Jamaica right now.”

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
    Watson declines Jamaica call-up and FC Dallas reap the benefits

Watson’s long-range goal may have been a bit unexpected, but the real surprise is that he was wearing red-and-white hoops instead of the green-and-yellow of Jamaica. The Jamaican Football Federation called up the midfielder for their September World Cup qualifiers against Panama and Costa Rica, but Watson turned them down.

“I think playing for Jamaica is important because it’s my country, but … I want to go to the [MLS Cup] playoffs,” Watson told reporters after the match. “That’s the most important thing. I’m here all season ... I’m a competitor, I hate losing. Whenever I lose, I can’t sleep, I can’t eat. I’d rather be here than be in Jamaica right now.”

(continue)
    Absent some divine intervention... this guy's international career should be terminated forthwith
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

The JFF's failure to put a national team plan in place will eventually have players thinking twice on representing the country. If the management of the JFF continues to be consistently poor inclusive of haphazard selections players increasingly will be weighing the immediate benefit to selves and making choice accordingly.

Just take a look at the JFF's treatment of Watson over the years? The guy must be wondering, "what the hell is going on?" ...and who could blame him?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Good to see him setting some challenging goals, he has all the potential plus size and strength. Just need to keep on working hard.

Comment

what kinda bush league plays during a FIFA WCQ window?

Comment

Well Stated

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            The JFF's failure to put a national team plan in place will eventually have players thinking twice on representing the country. If the management of the JFF continues to be consistently poor inclusive of haphazard selections players increasingly will be weighing the immediate benefit to selves and making choice accordingly.

Just take a look at the JFF's treatment of Watson over the years? The guy must be wondering, "what the hell is going on?" ...and who could blame him?
            ======================

You are correct Karl and it's not going to get better under the present leadership. As Mosiah said the other day, "where's the development since 98'". We need real former football people who have positions in Jamaica with authority and who others will support. They are out there but everyone think the Captains always going to reign because he's a controlling person. God bless the players who have been put to the task over the years of poor development. The country is being lead down the tube in football development in coaching education, players development, facilities, funding and administrative into put for change. No wonder your sight reads the way it does.

Comment

After this puss$%^hole stink up the place in his qualifying play... him have di temerity ?

He was probably the worst player on the pitch in the Honduras debacle... and JFF actually call him back ?

Serve dem right.. but dis n i g g ah have some balls...

Comment

This breddah is the most useless piece of garbage mi evah si play midfield for Jamaica..

His play in the Honduras game was EPIC in just how pathetic one can perform..

My stats have him completing about 10% his passes.. In the annals of reggaboyz qualifying play I do not recall seeing a worse performance by an individual in the midfield position...

Comment

Cho, me did kind of write him off too but yuh neva know when the light can turn on his head, he's got all the physical goods.

Comment

Watson knows that he was being called just to make the training sessions interesting. He never stood a chance to make the team much less to be on the field.

My advice to him? Try get a transfer to the English leagues and if possible change your place of birth as well!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Don't you need international caps to transfer to England?

Comment

i would check the article and the accuracy. Those were fifa dates so if he was called he had to go...

Comment

the club had to let him go, but if he did not want to go its up to him.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                            the club had to let him go, but if he did not want to go its up to him.
                            Exactly. FIFA dates compel the clubs to let players join their respective national teams. But they don't force the players to do anything they don't want to.
                            "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                            - Xavi

Comment

Don't say?

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                              I want to go to the [MLS Cup] playoffs,” Watson told reporters after the match. “That’s the most important thing.
                              This winner was given the chance to do some winning. Instead contributes to us losing with poor play and is now complaining.

If winners never quit and quitters never win, who is that suggest quitting while ahead?(borrowed)

JFF fi dun di bway(figuratively speaking)

Comment

Working...
                              X