Impotent, lethargic, ambitionless!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impotent, lethargic, ambitionless!

Not sure what that was but zero shots on goal is pathetic to say the least, what was all that time wasting at the end, that was the time to steal a goal. This game was one of those games you have to steal, like a thief in the night, well it was night but we had zero guile.

Very tough from here to fourth place with panama up on us by four points and Mexico by five, not sure what's happening in Mexico seems like they have no motivation at all.

Anyway a draw is a point, let's see what Winnieman can do with the rest of matches and see if we can at least start building the base for 2018, mariappa is 25-26, Cummings I think is 23 Morgan is 29 kind of too old, Powell and a few others still pretty young for a 2018 run.

Must be all the snow training.

Comment

Haha, hey if it was local dust bowl players we would have lost by Nuff, but that is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
        Anyway a draw is a point, let's see what Winnieman can do with the rest of matches and see if we can at least start building the base for 2018, mariappa is 25-26, Cummings I think is 23 Morgan is 29 kind of too old, Powell and a few others still pretty young for a 2018 run.
        Build the base for 2018?! Are you a mad man? Since 98, have we built from one year to the other?

On second thought, if we do start winning again nuh bodda send come call mi fi dat wagon.

Kmt!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

We have a real coach for the first time in a while, lets see if he can build on this, it would be good to build the foundation for 2018 run with his vast knowledge. We have a lot of interesting local youth at home and abroad plus all these relatively young now blooded yardies, we must build on that.

Comment

So, you think he'll stick around when we are eliminated?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He is going back to the Bundesliga...

Comment

Missed the game. They did not score, so we did not lose but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT_08gchS8k

Comment

Don't know about that, but he is an unusual man and clearly is not totally driven just by the dollars, Jamaican football is an interesting riddle that could fascinate some coaches who are interested in turning things around especially if they see good potential, the key would be they would need to make sure that we can take care and pay him close to market, for what we were already paying those guys I am sure that would be a great start and with some success from these next games, let's see if Jff can sell the 2018 cool aid starting now, cause is now it need to start.

If he was just chasing dollars he would not be in Jamaica, certainly would not have gone to Thailand or Cameroun. He spent some time and had success on the Saudi peninsula, I am sure those jobs are always there for a coach with his credentials. Let's see, him coming here in the first place is quite unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                    We have a real coach for the first time in a while, lets see if he can build on this, it would be good to build the foundation for 2018 run with his vast knowledge. We have a lot of interesting local youth at home and abroad plus all these relatively young now blooded yardies, we must build on that.
                    Stoni...this comment demonstrates Jamaica's big problem. A short term focus.

Job #1 at this stage of our underdevelopment should not be qualifying for the next WC. The priority should be developing an effective football program. When that is done qualification for World Cups will have a solid basis.

Being driven by the short term goal of "next World Cup qualification" leads to poor decisionmaking (i.e. last minute snow balla importation) as surely as politicians focusing on winning "the next election" leads to sub optimal policy. It's the identical problem... with identical **** poor outcomes.

Since that stupid strategy has consistently failed to produce WCQ for 4 cycles now... we have nothing much to lose (and much to gain) by using more locals in WCQ within a structured, long term development plan

Jamaica needs to stop putting the cart before the horse....as we've being doing since post 1998 ...

Clearly our short term focus has created long term failure
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Do you really think 'using more local players' as rigid dogma should be a part of policy?

...or should that be possibly one of the outcomes of good policy?

Sure if we put in a program that has absolute best players in the world as outcome then the TEAM would be entirely comprised of local players...

...but what if there are ebbs and flows in quality of players produced era v era? Do we still select locals who do not deserve to be in the squad to fulfill stated policy?

I am thinking your well presented argument for local development stands alone as excellent aim. There is no need to hamper development of national teams by inserting demands for local players to be always included.

...but then I am biased towards production of top quality and having only players deserving of representing our national teams selected to those teams...our reputation and dreams rest on it!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

You guys might not be happy with the result, but you still gave Panama a huge setback.
                        "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                        - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                          You guys might not be happy with the result, but you still gave Panama a huge setback.
                          Put it this way: We would have been most unhappy if we had lost!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Well, the Mexicans are certainly happy with the result -- they wouldn't even be in the play-off spot now if Panama had won.

At any rate, I'll be cheering for the Boyz on Tuesday to take some points off Costa Rica!
                            "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                            - Xavi

Comment

]Do you really think 'using more local players' as rigid dogma should be a part of policy?

...or should that be possibly one of the outcomes of good policy?
                              I think that's a distinction without a difference

Sure if we put in a program that has absolute best players in the world as outcome then the TEAM would be entirely comprised of local players...

...but what if there are ebbs and flows in quality of players produced era v era? Do we still select locals who do not deserve to be in the squad to fulfill stated policy?
                              I believe in local players being the team core... say 4-5 regular starters....especially in defence which the team should be built around. That team should be playing 20-30 games per year as Simoes did. This will build all important team cohesion and chemistry on and off the field...including in the vital bleacher section

Foreign based players can fill any obvious holes

I am thinking your well presented argument for local development stands alone as excellent aim. There is no need to hamper development of national teams by inserting demands for local players to be always included.
                              Local development and the use of local players as the fulcrum of the national team are part of the same virtuous circle. i.e. the two constructs are 100% complementary

Consequently there is zero "hamper"... in fact there is facilitation of both overall football development and progress in national team play on the field

Wake me up when Jamaicans realize this obvious truth

...but then I am biased towards production of top quality and having only players deserving of representing our national teams selected to those teams...our reputation and dreams rest on it!
                              Ok boss...we all have our biases
                              Last edited by Don1; September 8, 2013, 02:26 PM.
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X