GUNNERS striker - Nicklas Bendter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUNNERS striker - Nicklas Bendter

<H1>Bendtner: I wanted to leave Arsenal, but now I'm ready to make Wenger proud

By Simon Jones
    PUBLISHED: 10:45 EST, 3 September 2013 | UPDATED: 13:13 EST, 3 September 2013
    • Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner has vowed to kickstart his career at The Emirates despite missing out on a move away.
    The Denmark international was poised to leave and held talks with various clubs including Crystal Palace. However, after Arsenal were blocked in their attempts to sign Demba Ba from Chelsea, manager Arsene Wenger asked Bendtner to stay.

The 25-year-old said: ‘It’s no secret that Arsenal and myself had agreed that I could leave the club during the 2013 summer transfer window subject to an agreement between all parties.

Returning: Nicklas Bendtner has promised to give his all again for Arsenal

‘An agreement had been reached with more than one club this week but as Arsenal were unable to secure the services of another striker, they reserved their right to not sanction any deal to be concluded.

‘Naturally, I was very disappointed as I was looking forward to a new challenge, with a new club and a fresh start in English football.

‘Many things have been said about where my future lies after many years at Arsenal; the truth is I just want to play football which is when I’m happiest and Arsenal is a fantastic environment for any professional to apply their trade.

Failed: Bendtner was on loan at Juventus last season but failed to score a single league goal

‘I still feel very strongly about Arsenal Football Club and following positive talks with the manager, I am looking forward to working hard to regain full fitness and doing my very best to help to the team and the manager fulfil our objectives and ambitions this season.

‘I’ve learnt a lot from my loan experiences at Sunderland and Juventus and I want to assure all Arsenal fans that I will give everything I have to contribute to what I believe will be a successful season for the club.’

Disappointment: The season before he had an unsuccessful loan spell at Sunderland

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ger-proud.html

</H1>
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

This guy?

When he was with GUNNERS playing on a fairly regular basis, I had hopes he would develop into a good team man and good fit. Granted he is slow...and too often his touch let him down but he was strong, had good shot and headed well.

He just had a false belief of his abilities...thought he was much better than he really was. If he has come to terns with awareness of his limitations, he could surprise and come very good. All he needs is to use his talents to the maximum and be all about TEAM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

karly why? you spoil my day with that name..... them caan even gi weh the man.... not even crystal palace nuh want him.. them buy the other rucks over him.

Comment

I understand but we are short a striker and he is here.
        Even as it has been said a leopard cannot change its spots...one can hope that being human, he can.

Comment

....tink a lie me didda tell that Bendtner is a ruxxx.

Djeko is just a weeee bit better.

Guys like those are good off the bench!
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

what yuh call a spotless leopard?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Never thought i'd see the day!! Bendtner disappointed to be actually staying at big spending AFC. Sweet talkin A.W strikes again.
              http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/234977.html

Comment

Like you I fear he shall prove a dud...but I have fingers and toes crossed that he will come good.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  <H1>Bendtner: I wanted to leave Arsenal, but now I'm ready to make Wenger proud

By Simon Jones
                  PUBLISHED: 10:45 EST, 3 September 2013 | UPDATED: 13:13 EST, 3 September 2013
                  • Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner has vowed to kickstart his career at The Emirates despite missing out on a move away.
                  The Denmark international was poised to leave and held talks with various clubs including Crystal Palace. However, after Arsenal were blocked in their attempts to sign Demba Ba from Chelsea, manager Arsene Wenger asked Bendtner to stay.

The 25-year-old said: ‘It’s no secret that Arsenal and myself had agreed that I could leave the club during the 2013 summer transfer window subject to an agreement between all parties.

Returning: Nicklas Bendtner has promised to give his all again for Arsenal

‘An agreement had been reached with more than one club this week but as Arsenal were unable to secure the services of another striker, they reserved their right to not sanction any deal to be concluded.

‘Naturally, I was very disappointed as I was looking forward to a new challenge, with a new club and a fresh start in English football.

‘Many things have been said about where my future lies after many years at Arsenal; the truth is I just want to play football which is when I’m happiest and Arsenal is a fantastic environment for any professional to apply their trade.

Failed: Bendtner was on loan at Juventus last season but failed to score a single league goal

‘I still feel very strongly about Arsenal Football Club and following positive talks with the manager, I am looking forward to working hard to regain full fitness and doing my very best to help to the team and the manager fulfil our objectives and ambitions this season.

‘I’ve learnt a lot from my loan experiences at Sunderland and Juventus and I want to assure all Arsenal fans that I will give everything I have to contribute to what I believe will be a successful season for the club.’

Disappointment: The season before he had an unsuccessful loan spell at Sunderland

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ger-proud.html

</H1>
                  Karl, you dont think iit more a case of being forced to nyam humble pie by the club. One minute ready to sell him to arl and sundry. Then cause tings dont work in dem favour transfer wise, the club deliberately spwoil him plans as it dont suit the club agenda?

Comment

Bendtner will do fine as a back up striker, he didn't really get the chance to prove himself. He is a centre forward but was played wide far too often, he is a better player than a lot of people give him credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                      Bendtner will do fine as a back up striker, he didn't really get the chance to prove himself. He is a centre forward but was played wide far too often, he is a better player than a lot of people give him credit for.
                      and Sunderland and Juventus played him wide too, why he never scored a goal for either club, in the past 2 seasons ?

come on Dunny...duh better than this
                      Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                        Bendtner seems one of those players who can make a selling club later wonder why they let him go. He's poses a good ariel threat which is something Wenger's (keep it on the ground philosophy) tends to forget IMO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SLnVCHEECM Maybe Wenger's philosophy dosent appreciate or plays to Bendtner's strengths.

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
                          and Sunderland and Juventus played him wide too, why he never scored a goal for either club, in the past 2 seasons ?

come on Dunny...duh better than this
                          Twan i am not saying Bendtner is world beater, however the guy is a very good striker who can be an asset to Arsenal. He is good enough to get 15 goals per season. Play to his strength and he will score goals, i have no doubt about that. Bendtner done well at Sunderland in a team that didn't create much, not sure how many goals he scored but he got a few. I wouldn't look at is time at Juve too much because he only started 3 games, i doubt if he played 10 times there. When Bendtner plays for Denmark he looks a top player, his scoring record is up there with the best. What i want to see is Bendtner getting is focus back, get his attitude right (he have too high an opinion of himself) and he can still have a successful Gunners career. Most hardcore Gunners fan who have been watching him since is academy days knows he have the ability to excel. I am quite happy he is staying at the club because he is one of us.

Comment

Bendter is a waste youth straight up... The man dem a try get rid of him fi two years and cant. Giroud score in the air or on the ground...

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                              Bendter is a waste youth straight up... The man dem a try get rid of him fi two years and cant. Giroud score in the air or on the ground...
                              OJ, Bendtner has wasted his talent because of his attitude, simple. If he comes back with the right attitude, works hard at his game we have a very good player on our hands. Bendtner also scores goals in the air and on the ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X