Vibe building for Panama!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibe building for Panama!!

Just ran across Winfred Schafer's web page and he definitely has been doing some traveling and he seems to be focused squarely on guys who have a job, getting results and are playing in snowy environments.

Ja must beat Panama, it is time for that and with right team and attitude we will take this game. Mex plays Honduras, mex win and jam win leaves jam with 5. Pan on 6, hon on 7 and mex on 11.

Then Ja plays cr in jam a win there with a draw between hon and pan leaves hon on 8, pan on 7 and jam on 8. Very achievable, after that we are in with a shot on the 4th spot, it seems clear that USA and cr and potentially mex are top three we need mex to win out as we are done with them, maximum wins by mex helps jamaica, if Ja can win at least the next two. I think 12 may well get us that fourth spot, so at least three wins and one draw.

Here we go!

"H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Praying is essential, but what them used to say, god help those that help themselves. Schafer must set the tone, the team leaders must build the vibe if you can't bring the intensity and locked in focus on the road in panama then we are going home.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
        Praying is essential, but what them used to say, god help those that help themselves. Schafer must set the tone, the team leaders must build the vibe if you can't bring the intensity and locked in focus on the road in panama then we are going home.
        well - how we could not have played a warm up under a new coach with this game being so important is beyond me; I have to believe God is thinking his time is better served elsewhere as we certainly didn't seem interested in helping ourselves with that opportunity.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
          well - how we could not have played a warm up under a new coach with this game being so important is beyond me; I have to believe God is thinking his time is better served elsewhere as we certainly didn't seem interested in helping ourselves with that opportunity.
          AMEN brother Paul !!
          Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Yes absolutely and I have said as much, at some point you either keep crying over the spilt milk or you start moving forward. Time to move, time to support, one last effort for 2014.

It can be done, serious game planning, understanding Panama weaknesses, total focus, this is a knock out competition match, we have a bunch of good professional players, it is a tiny window but we need to jump at opportunity with conviction.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
              what about the 12th man??

The fan support for the team is not there. With Jamaica it's "Win and they will come".
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Just ran across Winfred Schafer's web page and he definitely has been doing some traveling and he seems to be focused squarely on guys who have a job, getting results and are playing in snowy environments.
                Like Tuffy Anderson!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Really!! That will be very interesting if that happens. He has had a couple of chances, I am sure if Winnie does include a few local players they will get an opportunity to show their wares in a few scrimmages.

Let's see what happens, as it stands now I am forecasting a blizzard!!!

Comment

Really!! That will be very interesting if that happens. He has had a couple of chances, I am sure if Winnie does include a few local players they will get an opportunity to show their wares in a few scrimmages.

Let's see what happens, as it stands now I am forecasting a blizzard!!!
                    You notice the tongue-in-cheek statement. M did not preface his claim with "I" like...

Anyway, only a complete blizzard will help the situation at this time.
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

A blizzard will stop the heat in Panama ....cold!

Comment

New formation for the Boyz.

New formation for Boyz - Schäfer
                        Published: Thursday | September 5, 2013 0 Comments

Robert Bailey, Gleaner Writer

Reggae Boyz head coach Winfried 'Winnie' Schäfer, said he will be employing a 3-5-2 formation when they oppose Panama in their crucial CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying football match in Panama City tomorrow.

"We have changed our system; we have come back to a 3-5-2 (formation) what the players played before in Jamaica because everyone plays this system before in their club in England," said the German-born Schäfer, following last night's final training session at the National Stadium East field.

"I have watched our match here when we played against them and so I think our team is prepared and everybody knows what we have to do in Panama," he said.

"We have talked to the players about what they have to do. The left defender from Panama, the number four and 19 are very good on the left side and we've to stop these players," Schäfer said.

Continuing he said: "I watched two matches with them in the United States against Mexico and Costa Rico and I have watched matches on YouTube."Meanwhile, Wolry Wolfe and Adrian Reid were omitted from the Reggae Boyz 25-man squad, which will travel to Panama today, while goalkeeper Richard McCallum has replaced Dwayne Miller, who got injured in training yesterday.

Schäefer pleased

Schäfer said he was very pleased with the Reggae Boyz's showing in the two days of training.

"I am happy because everybody was focused in training," said Schäfer. "We are looking forward to the game in Panama City and everybody is aware of what they need to do."

SQUAD: Adrian Marriappa, Alvas Powell, Chris Humphrey, Daniel Gordon, Darren Mattocks, Donovan Ricketts, Richard McCallum, Garath McLeary, Gariece McPherson, Jermaine Anderson, Jermaine Beckford, Jermaine Johnson, Jobi McAnuff, Kemar Lawrence, Lloyd Doyley, Luton Shelton, Marlon King, Marvin Elliott, O'Brian Woodbine, Rodolph Austin, Ryan Johnson, Shaun Cummings, Theo Robinson and Wes Morgan.

Comment

It is a positive vibe coming from the camp. Hopefully there play on the field will be good enough in a tough place to play.

Comment

Yes, discipline and unity of purpose play a critical role in team achievement and I had noticed from the Carib cup that there was serious communication gap between team and coaches and management, I also got the same feeling in watching the team play the last two or three games there seemed to be a strain in the sense of purpose.

Comment

Working...
                            X