Davis: New Under-15s lack basic skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
    The child is 5 years old...he is just entering first grade...it is the academy that prepares him...if they don't make the cut they don't move to the next tier in the academy...duh...
    ...at 5 where do you find/discover that talent?

duh?
    Westmoreland where I lived for a number of years - 11 through 15(?) - is as far as I can remember where I first heard, "im neva jus born big suh". Rough translation, the child did not suddenly acquire knowledge, skill or is at present development stage...but acquired same over time. I think it was usually direct reference - or should I have said, oblique reference? - to development input during earlier years.

...again, duh?

Bricktop: Talent has to be *first seen (recognized) and hopefully after that discovery, developed over time and through being introduced to progressively more and more challenging levels of 'competition'= introduced to additional and advanced learning.

*first seen/recognized
    This demands there must be opportunity to do same.

How is that currently organized?
    ...and best mores on same?
    Where are these talented (=our potential top footballers) - in greatest numbers (the/our talent pool)?

Commonsense would suggest that the/our talent pool must be recognized and 'mined' for best (football) talents.
    Right?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
      the problem is hs foster win at all cost and poor technique and play... the outcome is the important factor of hs. so by itself its not good.
      I have heard this statement on "win at all cost" many times...but it bears a closer look. Funnily that is not too removed from our politics and the supposedly "win at all cost" attitude of politicians.

If we vault ahead and conclude that "best at..." performance should be rewarded with "wins"...then both individual and schools (inclusive of our high school) athletic programs and our politicians should be focused on "best at..." performances.

Then firstly "win at all cost" becomes a motivating factor.

The question then becomes, how do they get there?

Let us focus on each school's athletic programs:
      As there is thinking on the above question on how to satisfy a "win at all cost" mentality then an examination of (the assumption that) our current high school stakeholders wish to "win at all cost" comes into play.

Are these stakeholders going down a sensible path to satisfy that aim - i.e. "win at all cost"...and to "perpetually win"?

My conclusion is, the methods are under scrutiny by...
      a) attacks from those who suggest scrapping the emphasis on sports as they claim it contributes to poor performances in the academic areas. (A nonsense position in my view).

...and..

b) internal and external attacks as both the administrators at each school and the general public are dissatisfied with results.

...so again, how does the "win at all cost" play out to our benefit? Could one part of equation be exposure to expert teaching during the formative years?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

u-15 Belize overpowered Jamaica

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...maica_14897257

Belize overpowered Jamaica

Sunday, August 18, 2013

GRAND CAYMAN, Cayman Island (CMC) —There were contrasting results for Caribbean football teams on Friday in the Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) Under-15 tournament.

Bermuda helped break Group A open with a 3-0 win over previously undefeated Cayman Islands at a packed Truman Bodden Stadium. Onego Lowe scored just before the stroke of half-time, and Osagi Bascome added a second just minutes into the second half, as the visitors put off a strong rally from the hosts despite the support of a standing-room- only crowd for the third straight night at the National Stadium.

Aruba also remained undefeated in Group A, as Jean Pierre Van Der Linden scored six of the 10 goals in a 10-0 win over US Virgin Islands. The goal haul puts Van Der Linden atop the scoring charts for the time being at the Championship, with nine goals, one ahead of Cayman's Leighton Thomas Jr.

In the other Group A fixture of the evening, the Bahamas recorded their first win of the tournament with an impressive 8-0 result over St Maarten, featuring seven different goal scorers.

Guatemala rolled to the top of Group B with a 5-1 win over St Lucia, as man of the match Esteban Garcia added three goals to help the Central Americans coast to the win. Ekiel Greenidge added the goal of honour for St Lucia.

In perhaps the surprise result of the evening, Belize powered past Jamaica, 3-1, at Truman Bodden. Alvin Sifontes and man of the match Randy Augustine had the Central Americans up two after just seven minutes, a lead they never looked in danger of losing.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz2cLOMzN00
        Last edited by Karl; August 18, 2013, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Schools do not = high schools!
          High schools are merely a part of our school system.
          You are correct.

Jamaica is too poor to rely solely on our threadbare clubs or bruk pakit JFF to develop players. The sunk costs in our school system's physical and teaching facilities must also be leveraged to ensure the full spectrum development of players in a virtual academy system... clubs cannot afford to replicate that as is done in other places.

So Jamaica needs to develop a unique system which is suited to our economic profile and our culture... not slavishly adopting that which is done in foreign parts. We've already constructed a unique system for track ... we need a unique system for football which is cost effective... i.e. a partnership model involving Govt., JFF, clubs, ISSA & individual schools

Oh... by di way... Don1 dun outline dat unique development moggle lang time
          Last edited by Don1; August 18, 2013, 07:05 PM.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Dunny, yuh need to come down and beat some sense innah di football leada dem ead!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post

Jamaica is too poor to rely solely on our threadbare clubs or bruk pakit JFF to develop players. The sunk costs in our school system's physical and teaching facilities must also be leveraged to ensure the full spectrum development of players in a virtual academy system... clubs cannot afford to replicate that as is done in other places.

So Jamaica needs to develop a unique system which is suited to our economic profile and our culture... not slavishly adopting that which is done in foreign parts. We've already constructed a unique system for track ... we need a unique system for football which is cost effective... i.e. a partnership model involving Govt., JFF, clubs, ISSA & individual schools

Oh... by di way... Don1 dun outline dat unique development moggle lang time
              Yuh seit!
              Invite Bricktop and Gamma to your classes? ...pleeeeeeeease??? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                Yuh seit!
                Invite Bricktop and Gamma to your classes? ...pleeeeeeeease??? :-)
                Bad Man nuh conduct class

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Ask Camperdown, Manning Cup champs in my year, bout jacks when dem pick up 3 innah dem structcha ah Stadium East !

Mi train undar former National Coach.. what is your pedigree ? Blue Pom-Pom waving ?

Comment

LOL.... Unnu beat Camperdown one year???? WOW!!!! TRULY AMAZING!!!!!

Wonderful apex of unnu football achievement...LOL...woooiiieeee mi spleen!!

Comment

sigh...why do i bother

Comment

Working...
                      X