Davis: New Under-15s lack basic skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
    Yes karl...we should reinvent the wheel...afterall Jamaica is the most unique place on earth...we cannot follow established blueprints
    Reinvent which wheel?
    ...you are the one promoting a reinvention of the wheel.

It is commonsense to have as many of children as possible attending school/formal education institution(=vast majority of our kids, some 99.999+%) as possible as those institutions provide the environment wherein highest standards of teaching and greatest numbers of professional trained teachers are employed. The schools are the institutions where those best suited to manage early childhood education and encourage development in those formative years are found. Those teachers are trained to do the job of fostering 'development of the child'.

The education institutions and the JFF must work hand-in-hand to train teachers of football. Their must be, after the teachers have graduated with the necessary technical knowledge/subject knowledge have available CONTINUOUS EDUCATION classes inclusive of workplace (professional clubs e.g. My GUNNERS...and academies, Barcelona, etc., etc.) sabbaticals.

In other words the same system/similar system used to improve subject knowledge and competence in the academic disciplines for teachers...that same system used by our JAAA, Teachers Training Colleges & ISSA, Prep. Schools Association, Primary and Basic Schools...to best prepare teachers to provide quality teaching to best develop EACH CHILD to FULLEST POSSIBLE DEVELOPMENT in Track (and Field - Field needs more specialized training of and for the teachers) must be used for our football.

It is asinine to think the country benefits with a vast expanse of its human (talented kids) resources being (under) developed outside of (created) formal learning environment.

Let me try to jump start the 'brains' of those whose brains have gone to sleep
    It is commonsense to have as many of our children in 'the learning environment' specific to development in area of specialization which it is hoped they shall find future employment.

Schools & other education institutions are places wherein base education is laid. ...and in which there is work at progressive development of the young towards full potential.

Specific to football and our Jamaica: Our economic situation requires our education institutions be funded by GOJ, alumni associations and individual benefactors. Commonsense dictates that the citizens (and their sports led interest groups/civic associations e.g. JAAA, JNA, JFF, JVBA, etc.) maximize on use of those funds.

As Dunny has posted above on our football development to maximize on use of resources and returns on same our education institutions and the JFF must walk hand-in-hand. This does mean the JFF will assist the education institutions with provision of experts in the field - football lecturers, associated professionals, outlet for all-island age-group national teams, intra-island traveling teams, ect., etc. - and access to training resources - inclusive of academies and professional clubs.

The aim is to produce not just best national team at various levels but growth of an industry whereby our 2nd and 3rd tier students can find gainful employment and upward mobility.

Let me say it again - It is the persons with tunnel vision...as Simoes' said (not verbatim), who in their little minds are trapped in a village where the most beautiful girl is considered the most beautiful in the world as they have never opened their minds to possibilities outside of their known world. It as a damned ass who thinks only of producing 30 or 40 top quality players and has not seen the possibility of production of many, many more and what that would mean for the individuals and the country.

Damn fool-fool suggestion about ignoring the 90+% of our talented to round up a paltry few who at that particular age fools those making the selections into believing that at those tender ages the very best must necessarily be found within that narrow selection.

Not because some jump over a cliff...you must follow!!!
    Who tells...what makes anyone believe that even those (clubs and nations) at the TOP OF THE WORLD could not take selves to even greater heights? ...who decides that 'academies only' to the exclusion of all other learning institutions must be the alpha and omega of our salvation where our football is concerned?

Who decides that even if the academies turn out 100 professional quality footballers and of the lot 20 TOP OF THE WORLD players that that must cause us to rest on our laurels...become satisfied at the possibility of leaving 100 more and 20 more TOP OF THE WORLD talents out of the loop as at whatever arbitrary age they were not seen as worthy? Which tin god or tin gods must so condemn those kids? I say to those tin gods GO TO HELL!!

It is commonsense to have as all of our talented children in school.
    It is asinine to think the country benefits with a vast expanse of its human talented resources outside of (created) formal learning environment.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Not gonna read all of that Karl...please point me to a top footballing nation that develops players through the school system...make it short and sweet please...thanks

Comment

You have a lot of kids who can't afford private academy. Sometimes all it need is a little volunteer. You need some private but you also need some community volunteers to give support. JFF and the parish organization can support that big time.

Same way I am willing to give some of the kids a few session of what I see they are getting at their academy. We have to start somewhere.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

P.E. coach with the right curriculum is not too much to ask for

Comment

Private academy would not be a pay for play...they identify the talent that they think will develop into a player able to earn a wage playing overseas...it is in the academies best interest to provide top of the world instruction or their investment will be lost...the JFF and the GOJ cannot do this...this is not Track & Field...this is a lot more technical...

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
              I think the academy plan is solid but the problem is academy can be private intiatives where it becomes pay to play so it a process of who can pay more than who can play. The struggle for me is not the ingredients we have lots of people who can do that and understand proper coaching processes. waht we dont have is structrue, how do we identify and nurtue a bunch of 6 year olds at the parish level, or less than that the community level. Harbour View may have a program but Reno most likely dont run a recreatinal program for 6 year olds in monpellier.. why is not their immediate interstest so what happens it fall on to competions at the primary and U14 levels to reinforce poor techniques and bad habits. See in Jamaica the competition is more important to some than the development.
              ...and if Harbour View FC has a program financial and other constraints demand many (excellent talents) are left to wither and die. ...and so it shall be even if we have 12 academies. ...at the very least give more of the talented good foundation. Would not any ass then realize that possibilities (possible good outcomes for the kids, clubs, academies and country) would be more numerous?

All I am preaching is the same thing as was preached after emancipation - provide quality education for all our talents!!!! ...a pathway to FULL DEVELOPMENT for all our kids!!! Is it so hard to see/to appreciate that as it must be provided for the sciences and mathematics, etc. ...our potential scientists, mathematicians, etc. ...so it must be provided for our potential football(ers)???

Why would we wish to be 'dun-kah' about anything we wish to be learned by our kids? Do we really wish to impart 'wrong way' of doing things to our kids?

Consider the current uproar on our science and mathematics level of competence - teachers and 'graduate' students?

Is part of the problem a 'dun-kah' attitude by the administrators at the Universities and Colleges - passed on to their graduate teachers ---> who then pass it on to their students? ...as incompetence by those who must instruct the teachers=incompetent teachers=poor student results?

Must it continue to be 'that way'? ...so it is for the academic subjects, so it is for our football? Hell we have the results - poor academic results & lousy footballers!!! Must it continue to be so?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Not gonna read all of that Karl...please point me to a top footballing nation that develops players through the school system...make it short and sweet please...thanks
                You asked previously and it was provided - Let me give it to you again: ALL football nations!!!!

Do you for a moment think MVP & Racers got their sprinters without any previous introduction to the sport at earlier ages?

...or do you believe those TOP OF THE WORLD athletes - Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Asafa Powell, Usain Bolt etc. had formal introduction to the sport at earlier ages?

...and what of our young footballers, cricketers, netballers and track & field athletes, etc?
                No formal introduction to the sport?
                Do you think that more top quality graduates with excellent potential would come out of the schools if all the schools were providing top quality instructions in the sports?

Now wrap your mind around the possibilities (possible outcomes) if the introduction was by well trained teachers... or by poorly trained teachers?

All we are asking for our kids is highest quality teaching during their formative years...and it does not rule out a select few going to 'academies'...it just means greater numbers in the education institutions receiving high quality teaching!!!

Comment

Harbour View FC? These kids are going to be developed for Valencia & PSG youth side...

Comment

Why are you mixing football and track and field? Footballers are not developed in grade school or high school...every child goes to school...duh...tell me in which top footballing country are footballers DEVELOPED in school?

Comment

The select few is all we care about Karl...you can keep Manning Cup...it's what they call in the USA intramural sports...i.e. those who ain't gonna cut it on the big stage but want to get some exercise...

Comment

Harbour View FC? These kids are going to be developed for Valencia & PSG youth side...
                        Some have gone to top clubs and some to lesser clubs...but the majority have gone nowhere!

Do you know why?
                        I shall tell you - Even as HVFC is ahead of all other Jamaica clubs, the teaching is crap!!!

I shall give you evidence - HVFC has always been beaten out of the CONCACAF club football tournament in the opening rounds...save for matches against the 2nd form teams in the CFU!!! ...and HVFC is always among our top 4 NPL TEAMs.

...do not get me wrong, I admire the work HVFC has been doing...but like Simoes said...the blind knows not what is outside of its village!!! The administrators at HVFC look on at the football by TOP WORLD CLUBs but they do not see. They will always give as reason for the poor play we do not have the money.

All we can do is smile and say to ourselves what has that to do with teaching and learning???!!!! ...production of quality TEAM and players???!!! Fact, HVFC produces a squad every year! ...so why the quality of the graduates as TEAM is so low???

Comment

Karl...stop talking about HVFC...this is a crappy little semi-pro club that has no idea how to develop a footballer...private academies will be the ones to develop the players and try and sell them overseas...we are bypassing the NPL...

Comment

Why are you mixing football and track and field? Footballers are not developed in grade school or high school...every child goes to school...duh...tell me in which top footballing country are footballers DEVELOPED in school?
                            I shall tell you why - There is no difference in the principle of 'development during the formative years'!!!!

It is being blind or being mad to not see that it all about providing quality instructions during those formative years when kids are 'like sponges'!=absorb knowledge like sponges do!!! ...whether it is introduction to swimming, running, football, cricket, music or the arts...or academics!!!! Provide the quality teaching/coaching during those years and quality students are the results!!!!

iffen a laff a dead!!! When you promote the academies what are you promoting?

Let me answer for you: You are promoting a quality learning environment for the kids?

...so why do you think you get to choose say 'x' kids and there should be no provision for the other talented kids of top quality learning environment?

Have your academies by all means...but provide top quality teaching & learning environment for the other talented kids!!!

Cho!!!

Comment

Explain to me why the top footballing nations of the world don't use that strategy then Karl?

Comment

who a go invest in the private academy so?

You have to do it like most other places, start up your volunteer public thing and develop partnership. People more likely to partner when they see something positive going on.

Don't look for anybody to come and throw anything at us.
                                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                                X