• Show
Clear All

It's been a tough start at Manchester United, admits Moyes

By Alex Young | GOAL.com – 6 hours ago

Related Content

• View PhotoIt's been a tough start at Manchester United, admits Moyes

Top Stories »

More »

David Moyes has admitted he has found it hard to adapt to the increased pressure of the Manchester United job.

The Scot has won just two of his first six games since replacing Sir Alex Ferguson in July and faces Sevilla in his final pre-season game ahead of Sunday’s Community Shield.

Moyes has, thus far, been frustrated in the transfer window - attempts to sign Thiago Alcantara and Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona have floundered, while the ongoing speculation surrounding Wayne Rooney’s future clouds United's off-season preparations – and he notes the "step up" from Everton has been a reality check.

MANCHESTER UNITED LATEST
    22/1Manchester United are 22/1 with William Hill to win the Premier League & Champions League
    "The transition from Everton to United has been difficult at times as I have hard decisions to make," Moyes told reporters.

"Everton are a great club and I was proud to manage them. I can't deny Manchester United is on another level. Let’s be honest, it would be a step up from just about any club in the world. The level of interest from the fans and the press is phenomenal."

United will face Chelsea, Liverpool and cross-city rivals Manchester City in their opening five games of the Premier League season - a fixture list that Moyes has admitted to being suspicious of - but he is excited at making his competitive bow in Old Trafford hotseat.

"I cannot wait to get the season started," Moyes added. "I know what it’s like to step out at Old Trafford as the manager of the opposition, so to step out in front of 75,000 fans as the Manchester United manager will be special for me.

"I know it won’t always be easy, but I just hope we can all work together. My sole goal is to be successful and have a winning team. I hope that over the years we can have plenty of success."

Moyes' first test will be facing FA Cup winners Wigan in the Community Shield and, while he feels any potential victory will be an extension of Sir Alex’s 26-and-a-half year reign, he hopes to kick-start his own tenure with a victory.

He continued: "Of course I will be trying to make the Community Shield the first trophy of many, but if we win it's really something that will have been earned by Sir Alex.

"It's because of his good work in the Premier League last season that we’re in the Community Shield. I'll do my best to finish off the job, but it’s Sir Alex who will deserve a lot of the credit if we’re successful."
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

David Moyes has admitted he has found it hard to adapt to the increased pressure of the Manchester United job.

In over his head and instead of keeping a coaching team that knew how to win, he got rid of all of them and brought his own team from Everton. Joke ting.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You sure Karl a nuh you father???? You sound same like X to rhatid. You don't even give the man preseason.

Which coach wasn't going to find it hard after Sir Alex???? The dutch upset that he wasn't promoted so.... the rest is history. Give the man a chance.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          You sure Karl a nuh you father???? You sound same like X to rhatid. You don't even give the man preseason.

Which coach wasn't going to find it hard after Sir Alex???? The dutch upset that he wasn't promoted so.... the rest is history. Give the man a chance.

Him a get him chance. MU's preseason games were against some much weaker teams and seeing that the team won 2 out of what ... 6 games? I am very much concerned. Yet you gonna claim me sound like X?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

yes you sound like X. Preseason is just that. you look at everybody that is available. Primary goal is not to win.

Comment

Wha yuh say Lazie , di fact is man -Sass...nuh come wid facts is pure emotion..lol

Sass, the difference between you and I ... I pay attention to the facts...Lazie
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

what fact Lazie and you pay attention to? A musi FAX or Fox unnu a talk bout. KMT.

LOL!!! The man a cry over preseason games to rhatid, not even community shield. Liverpool mash up a side 4-1 yesterday, them a do good inna preseason, how mi nuh see you a ring Rodgers praises???

Comment

Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

you favor frighten puss to rahtid

Comment

Such is your ambition ...Pre season !

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

tell that to your brother in crime, Lazie.

LOL

Comment

You have been exposed by the hypercrytes- Jangle mouth shut and Lazie a bawllllll, funny when it was on my face , you all seemed to be on the same page , now dem get a midtable coach unnuh a bawl...hussh it could be worse , unnuh coullda get BIG SAM or di youth coach...lol

Comment

Empire membaship renewals and re-elctions a come up so me just a watch the ride.
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

Wooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                                Him a get him chance. MU's preseason games were against some much weaker teams and seeing that the team won 2 out of what ... 6 games? I am very much concerned. Yet you gonna claim me sound like X?
                                Lazie; You sound as if you dont have faith or trust in the Great A.F's choice of the next manager. This is the same man who decision making win you #20 remember!!

Comment

Working...
                                X