Woud think the board would be buzzing with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woud think the board would be buzzing with

talk about the Guinness International Championship Cup.

Real Madrid v. Chelsea. Half time score 2:1.

Very good game!!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Originally posted by HL View Post
    talk about the Guinness International Championship Cup.

Real Madrid v. Chelsea. Half time score 2:1.

Very good game!!
    Look for a very large influx of good european players trying to get into MLS in the coming years.

I think these players have experienced the excellent infrastructure, better quality of professional life, and increased interest in footbll in America.

Again, if you missed the Guinness International Championship Cup...you missesd a few good football games.

HL

Comment

HL - I went to the game. America is something else. They start the game with a DJ and dance show complete with fireworks - those players I am sure have never seen anything like that. Very enjoyable, great atmosphere, solid turnout with 67k people and very expensive beer ($12 for a 24oz can!!!!)
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

"America is something else" is right.

Marin, when i saw the hallabolou at the stadium i said wtf!!

I think the promoters knew exactly what they were doing. I am sure it left a 'good taste in the mouths' of all the visiting european teams.

This is something that Europe needs to perfect...that football is business first.

SIDEBAR: Your team Liverpool is slowly getting the business/show aspect of the sport. Recall last year when thay had the pre-season show... Being Liverpool (I think it was called). i am sure they made extra money from the series.

HL

Comment

4 more MLS teams by 2020. What you think ATL a get one?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The question is - How many do you think will be owned or co-owned by the "big" European clubs???
            It is better & a lot more profitable than having and maintaining a reserve team.

Comment

Chelsea have some affiliation with my local club, it would be nice if they could put a reserve team in the ATL.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Plus ManCity will own the NYC football franchise. Claudio Reyna is in charge of the management for this new addition.

And yes Assasin, it would be nice to have a franchise in Atlanta.

Two weeks ago (for the first time) i took MARTA from my area to The georgia Dome to watch 2 games in the Gold Cup. The train goes right to the dome. It was one stop. Train ststion and the stadium loterally under one roof!

Any new MLS franchise should have a similar link with the MARTA system.

HL

Comment

It would be nice to have the Marta link but Remember the only Pro team in Gwinnett and the women's pro team that was here was in Kennesaw(not far from me). The Marta link is good still but loads of land deh bout.

Comment

The MLS has gotten many proposals, since the Man City deal, from "big" clubs in Europe, not just BPL. That's why I said that the owners of Chivas USA better shape up, or they will be forced out, AND the # of U.S. owners in the BPL is growing.

Comment

Working...
                    X