Sports galore today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports galore today

Gold Cup, Wimbledon, Tour de France, Cricket... where do I begin? I am watching T de F on laptop, TV is tuned in to Wimbledon and I might have to channel hop, but I have the cricket on radio... at least the GC is a little later...

Canada v Martinique, should be a cracker LOL... what else is everyone watching/following?
    Peter R

I forgot to mention U20 quarter finals; I need to clone myself!
    Peter R

Comment

Korea vs Iraq under way..
      http://www.viponlinesports.eu/footba...am-online.html
      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
        Yes Pedro, it is days like this you should go to a sports bar (or buy 3 more TVs )
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I hear what you say about the sports bar... the TVs in my house are on Wimbledon and well the other two will soon be sort of booked so the internet is my friend. Not buying any more TVs.

Well, it is raining, no, pouring now where I live and it doesn't look good for the cricket lovers for the next hour and a half at least, make that two IMO. But, as Jeff Dujon said (while commentating), something to the effect :"it looks like the crowd is sheltered but getting wet on the inside" ... this is T&T after all. We (wife and I) were to go walking this morning at 6:30 AM (don't ask me why) but two of her friends (female) baled as they decided to go to cricket (see :http://www.crictime.com/watch_live_c...ing-free-1.htm . there is a rain delay so that link will probably be showing replays). My wife baled because she just didn't want to get up! and it was she and her friends who arranged this.

I got a free ticket to attend the final on Thursday as a guest of Digicel but gave it to one of the younger coaches that work with me... beginning to regret it now seeing the peripheral festivities on TV

Anyway, I have gotten my fix already with the Tour de France this AM... I settle for some more cricket when it re-starts (hopefully early afternoon)... and of course I am watching the Korea v Iraq match right now. I have a feeling this tournament has provided better football than the Gold Cup will.
          Peter R

Comment

Murray's approach to breaking of drought of Englishman winning Wimbledon. Have to admit I joined 'after church'...in the 2nd set.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"British" man. The English would dearly love to claim him.. he's Scottish.
              Peter R

Comment

They will claim him now! There is no compunction about that

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                  "British" man. The English would dearly love to claim him.. he's Scottish.
                  Thanks for the correction...and he did it!!!
                  Happy for him!!!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

On COMCAST's - ESPNU
                    IRQ 2 - 2 KOR - 74m

Comment

Congrats to him and his supporters. I suppose he will now be knighted!
                      Peter R

Comment

Re: Knighted
                        I would bet on it!

btw - It was high quality match...but I think Murray had a leg up as for some reason it appeared when I started to watch (early in the 2nd set) that Novak Djokovic was already exhausted. Murray it appeared was wearing the physical going much better.

Comment

He made it a little too "exciting" for his fans in that last service game... serving to win and you bring it to deuce?? had he lost that he could very well have gone on to lose the set, if not the match even...
                          Peter R

Comment

Agreed!
                            ...seemed to have been running out of 'nervous energy'. He sure was breathing hard...

Comment

Working...
                            X