Madness abounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madness abounds

We are like yoyos on this board, one minute it is unbounded optimism and the next minute it is bottom of the well pessimism.

Here is the bottom line

Strengths
    Good one on one skill
    Physical and combative strength
    Unbounded speed available
    Decent fighting spirit

Weakness
    Disciplined team play for 90 minutes
    Tactical innovation
    No strategy driven play mode
    Poor development of players relative to roles
    Poor definition of roles
    Poor matching of players to role
    Poor recruitment model
    Poor measurement systems
    Poor selection system
    Fundamental passing

Opportunity
    Improve recruitment process
    Develop a strategic play style
    Develop and innovate upon that style o it can transform to be either more attack or defensive oriented based on need
    Develop players that can play multiple roles
    Develop central core players who are superior passers, central defense, central mids, defensive mids
    Make disciplined team and individual play an advantage for jamaica
    Maximize speed and skill on flanks
    Develop rapid counter attacks utilizing core players, launching attacks straight out of central defense

Run out of time

Waitin' on di threats inna dis Matrix
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Not me...I consistently say that we suck...

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
        We are like yoyos on this board, one minute it is unbounded optimism and the next minute it is bottom of the well pessimism.

Here is the bottom line

Strengths
        Good one on one skill
        Decent fighting spirit

Weakness
        Tactical innovation
        Poor definition of roles
        Poor recruitment model
        Poor measurement systems
        Poor selection system
        Fundamental passing

Opportunity
        Develop and innovate upon that style o it can transform to be either more attack or defensive oriented based on need
        Develop central core players who are superior passers, central defense, central mids, defensive mids
        Develop rapid counter attacks utilizing core players, launching attacks straight out of central defense

Run out of time
        One mythical strength missing: Abundance of Talent!
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Here is the bottom line

Strengths
          Good one on one skill
          Decent fighting spirit

Weakness
          Tactical innovation
          Poor definition of roles
          Poor recruitment model
          Poor measurement systems
          Poor selection system
          Fundamental passing

Opportunity

Run out of time
          ...and the development processes - for the various age groups - must include good preparation...ongoing...perpetual renewal...year following year...unending quality preparation! ...inclusive of national teams playing quality opponents multiple times per year, say not less than 8 matches per year!!!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

We have the raw talent, we have poor development systems, poor discipline abounds throughout Jamaican culture thus hard ore disciplined play must e overemphasized, if you can't run them in the snow run them through the Ewarton redmud lake then let then ascend the walls of mt diablo from the lake side, those that emerge are your warriors. little joke, but still we have too many players that are not warriors from an endurance and psychological standpoint, they are untested in this area and we support the coddling of these players. Do you think Sparta could afford to coddle their warriors, it was fight or die, we need that same Jamaican Maroon Spirit in all our players.

We are not as bad as some people think and we just need to focus on key areas of development to get where we need to go. We have the talent to play superior disciplined tactically innovative defense and the speed and one on one skill to maximize open field rapid counter attack ball. What we don't have is the passing culture, especially the ability to create our of the core central players, especially playing out of 4-5-1 with two defensive mids, so your d mids and central defense and attacking mid are all excellent passers and can transform and shift shape around those positions, this maximizes our strengths and develops our weak points, that transforms the team into a killer combination, speed with passing, skillful and extremely disciplined.

Comment

We have the raw talent, we have poor development systems, poor discipline abounds throughout Jamaican culture thus hard ore disciplined play must e overemphasized, if you can't run them in the snow run them through the Ewarton redmud lake then let then ascend the walls of mt diablo from the lake side, those that emerge are your warriors. little joke, but still we have too many players that are not warriors from an endurance and psychological standpoint, they are untested in this area and we support the coddling of these players. Do you think Sparta could afford to coddle their warriors, it was fight or die, we need that same Jamaican Maroon Spirit in all our players.

We are not as bad as some people think and we just need to focus on key areas of development to get where we need to go. We have the talent to play superior disciplined tactically innovative defense and the speed and one on one skill to maximize open field rapid counter attack ball. What we don't have is the passing culture, especially the ability to create our of the core central players, especially playing out of 4-5-1 with two defensive mids, so your d mids and central defense and attacking mid are all excellent passers and can transform and shift shape around those positions, this maximizes our strengths and develops our weak points, that transforms the team into a killer combination, speed with passing, skillful and extremely disciplined.
              Agreed! ...save I would strongly state that where talent is concerned, we have the building blocks to attain TOP OF THE WORLD!

Those who doubt our talent are just plain blind!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                Agreed! ...save I would strongly state that where talent is concerned, we have the building blocks to attain TOP OF THE WORLD!

Those who doubt our talent are just plain blind!
                Okay, I'm blind. I guess it's due to my blindness that I didn't see the game they won in the last digicel cup.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Digicel cup was the killer combination of poor leadership at every level, mgmt, staff and players mixed with overconfidence of big dog in small yard syndrome, a tough combinstion to overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                    Okay, I'm blind. I guess it's due to my blindness that I didn't see the game they won in the last digicel cup.
                    Talent alone wins nothing.
                    If you my friend had not gone to school...or had insufficient teaching your academic talent would be under-developed. If that under-development was your present state "lack of talent" would be a misnomer. ...

The truth would be lack of development of your talent....so it is with our talented footballers. They fail to "win games"...perform at top world standard...because the talents are under-developed.

...what is so hard to understand? Why is it so hard for you to accept that we are talented people?
                    Last edited by Karl; July 2, 2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      Talent along wins nothing.
                      If you my friend had not gone to school...or had insufficient teaching your academic talent would be under-developed. If that under-development was your present state "lack of talent" would be a misnomer. ...

The truth would be lack of development of your talent would be what would have held you back....so it is with our talented footballers. They fail to "win games"...perform at top world standard...because the talents are under-developed.

...what is so hard to understand? Why is it so hard for you to accept that we are talented people?
                      Karl, part of the problem is that we keep thinking that football alone is needed to be taught...while many footballers from many poor countries are close to illiterate, I can tell you that our chances of improving our football performances will go up when academic standards are injected into the equation. Many years ago, I coached in the hotel league and after the first practice, I realized that half my team could not read, so informing them with written statistics, e.g. simply giving them a sheet of paper showing how we were doing in the league was a lost cause. We need to do first things first.
                      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                        Karl, part of the problem is that we keep thinking that football alone is needed to be taught...while many footballers from many poor countries are close to illiterate, I can tell you that our chances of improving our football performances will go up when academic standards are injected into the equation. Many years ago, I coached in the hotel league and after the first practice, I realized that half my team could not read, so informing them with written statistics, e.g. simply giving them a sheet of paper showing how we were doing in the league was a lost cause. We need to do first things first.
                        Agreed that academic standards being first rate is needed. Why should we accept less than 'best'?

Comment

Missed your point on this one. Threat as you always say is continually toiling in mediocrity, long term growth is non existent much like the rest of Jamaica. Every other concacaf country improved via local development program, especially the central American teams, Haiti, Cuba, TNT etc.
                          Last edited by Stonigut; August 16, 2015, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Missed your point on this one. Threat as you always say is continually toiling in mediocrity, long term growth is non existent much like the rest of Jamaica. Every other concacaf country improved via local development program, especially the central American teams, Haiti, Cuba, TNT etc.
                            This makes perfect sense

The only issue I'm at a loss to see this good sense coming from your keyboard.

Yuh feel aright mi bredda?? Or is likkle joke yah run??
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Much as you like to get your argument groove on, we are at similar places except I believe in two things, getting our best players abroad to play pro ball at highest level and enable them to grow both personally and from a football/technical standpoint, the other area we differ in is that reaping diaspora talent with low input on our part and potentially high return is a good short to medium term strategy for national program to get good results and make a little sensation and money to get ball rolling. We also differ on the how to do local development but that is more semantics than real.

Comment

Working...
                              X