Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't understand these folks. Is planning not a part

of the management process.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Squad delay!</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline>Brown stalled by absence of English players</SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>Observer Reporter
    Monday, August 28, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=356 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>BROWN ... we are just trying to get the best of what's available</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>Exactly one week before Jamaica face Canada in a friendly international in Montreal at the Complexe sportif Claude-Robillard, interim head coach Carl Brown is faced with his first major problem.<P class=StoryText align=justify>And it has forced a delay in the naming of a squad.
    Brown, who was recently re-appointed head coach of the senior Reggae Boyz, has revealed that the unavailability of the nation's English-based players has delayed his selection process.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"We are just trying to get the best of what's available," Brown told the Observer last week.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"... most of the players who play in England are unavailable to us," added the coach, who is in his fifth stint as national coach.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"The fact that they will play (for their clubs) in England on September 2nd and then to get out of England and go to Canada to play a game on the 4th is really something that we do not want to do.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"So we really would not be able to get most of the players who are available to us in England right now and probably only a few of them would be able to play," Brown insisted.<P class=StoryText align=justify>As a result, Brown will have to look to local-based players, as well as those based outside of England.
    "So it's about looking at the guys we have in Sweden and the players we have here at home," Brown said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The countries have agreed to a two-game series, with the return game set for the National Stadium on October 8.
    Still, Brown, the former Jamaica captain, is relishing the opportunity to try to reverse the recent bad results.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"We have to look at what is happening and what has happened to the football itself. We have not gotten any good results recently and the entire football fraternity is down and this has affected a lot of things along with the marketing ability of the JFF.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"So this Canada game is a game that we could start getting back some attention and some care from the private sector and the public, because they are also a very important part of the football.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"We have to get results the public wants..." he pointed out.
    And though he is yet to announce his squad, the coach is hoping to hold his first training session tomorrow, and he is confident that he can produce a competitive team.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"I believe it is something that I am capable of doing. There are those players overseas, they will be match-ready. Then you have those here at home presently in their pre-season that might not be as match-ready, but I believe it's about our minds now and how we can get things settled and concentrated so when they get out there they can do their best," reasoned the coach.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"It is also important that we get a positive start for everybody, especially for the players who are so important in all of this, so that they can regain their confidence and get back that frame of mind where they can start believing in themselves again," he said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>But as Brown ponders his squad, his Canadian counterpart, Stephen Hart, who is also acting in

RE: I can't understand these folks. Is planning not a part

i notice canada has included eurpean based players including at least one from yhe ep...is a different england him coming from? btw congrats to t&amp;t.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

<DIV>Two things: some of the players do not want to play for Carl Brown. Get a farin coach and see how quick they will be here.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Second thing is Carl better not rely on the Swedish-based players. Maestro's and Teofore's teams are fighting relegation andLuton is injured. Maybe Khari will make himself available.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Cue the excuses when we lose...not enough preparation time...did not have our top players.

I thought maybe we should not go but then we have to for the sake of the localbased players and development.

Anotger big loss would be very costly as canada is not as highly rated as say England or Ghana and how many fans would turn out for the return game here if we lose big and there are no overseas based players in the squad?
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

<DIV>If Simoes was in this position, would we be cueing excuses? Sometimes excuses are certainly valid. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Tell me, what should Carl Brown do if the players won't get released or if they don't want to play?</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I don't want fi hear any crocodile tears right now. We should assume an agreement is signed with Canada, and Brown must pick the best players that are at his disposal.

We all know Boxhill &amp; Downswell have destroyed any enthusiasm for Jamaican football. But mi no waan hear any self pity right now. So Mr. Brown pick a team, and no bawling through the media!
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

yuh mean 2 MORE things!!! if appointing simoes is a retrograde step then....appointing cb is the answer to the riddle of the shpinx!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

wi back to "grab a team"??!!.....well done to all concerned. why would players NOT want to play for cb?!! because he's a strict disciplinarian?

Comment

The game is being played during the FIFA International break and as Gamma asked why wouldnt the players want to play for a big time coach like cb?
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

What a predicament we are in. Our football just seems to be sliding fast down a well oiled slope. If we play Canada with our local boys and get six love (another CONCACAF team), then no other respectable country will want to play us regardless of the circumstances. This is a direct result of Boxhill's ineffecient and indecisive leadership. Not only will other countries want to play us, but our own top players don't want to play on such a disorganized team. If, and when we lose heavily, Carl Brown's head will once again be on the chopping block. However, even though I think that he was doing a good job before he was fired the last time around, I can have no sympathy for him. I think he was very stupid to take the job again given what he had to work with. He is again destined to fail!
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

last time i said that cb had "been given basket to carry wata". i believe it is more accurate to say cb "tek basket fi guhlook wata."

Comment

I for one am just hoping for clean towels, showing up at the right field, the players being paid what they are supposed to and hopefully the administrative contingent wont outnumber the players two to one. At this point in time anything over and above will be a victory and probably construed by Boxhill and company as such.

Comment

Working...
                        X