We are on to that same stupid argument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are on to that same stupid argument

We have had poor results not because of player selection or poor managing of our games. We have had these results because of poor preparations.

In 1998 we had a TEAM! Preparation was of the kind where Carl Brown lamented on why it is we were ignoring the '98 preparation model. His unspoken "we have had success using that model, so we should continue to use that model" has been a voice in the wilderness.

Plea made in October, 2002 by Carl Brown -

RBSC Talks With Technical Director Carl Brown
    Friday, October 25, 2002

KW: Simoes, he was here preparing us for the 1998 World Cup, in terms of figures and numbers, he had a lot of practice matches, and we were in certain competitions. I am almost sure you can’t answer this, but I’m going to ask it anyway. Would you be able to compare or ask for a similar type of preparation for your team? How many practice matches he had, how many competitive matches he had, where did he go with the team, how many days in camps compared with what is happening now? Because you would like to have that level of support or better.

CB: I hear you say that I am not able to answer it, but it is all here. It is part of what I have lived. I don’t have to do any research. Simoes played 52 games per year in the four years that he was here.

MM: One a week.

CB: Literally one game a week. And we have to understand that that is a big factor for the success we had in 1998. We had a team that literally played throughout the year, every week they had a game. That’s the big factor. Again it boils down to money. If we look at the 2000 campaign, it fell down to 23 and I will tell you, I remember in Morocco, I told the President (Captain Horace Burrell), “Don’t let us, at the end of this campaign, regret that we didn’t spend the money to afford the same opportunities.”

If you may remember, after we got that break between July and September we had Mexico playing in the Copa America, Honduras and Costa Rica were there. We were playing St. Kitts and Grenada. We did not win a game after the restart of that competition. We did not use the opportunity to get quality practice games for our team when we got that break.

KW: Or the quantity.

CB: And it showed up. This is what we are after. This is one of the things I have spoken to with the President and he has promised to go back to the 1998 campaign.
    Our JFF leader trots out the same silly stuff after every failed World Cup Qualifying campaign - 2002, 2006, 2010 and the stumbles we have had in this 2014
    Coach must go! ...and go he does!
    Seriously? ...is it the coaches or the JFF leader's refusal to provide the coaches with tools to properly prepare each of the squads that failed to qualify?

It is interesting to review, for example, the USA's preparations up to this present stage of Hexagonal Qualifiers. That preparation has been ongoing for more than 3+ years. After the last World Cup in 2010 the US never stopped having the national senior men team from playing regular matches and often against top quality opposition under Bob Bradley...in 2011 Bob Bradley was fired and Jurgen Klinsmann took up the reigns - see: http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/93...of-usa?cc=5901.

From 01.06.2010 To 30.09.2011 Bob Bradley's USA team played 21 matches. see: FIFA.com - Customized search - http://www.fifa.com/associations/ass...r=m/index.html#

There was continuous preparations & playing of matches as TEAM building towards improved play was never interrupted during Bob Bradley's 'last stand'.

Jurgen Klinsmann merely picked up the reigns in October 2011 and has been 'running with it' ever since.

On the 18 June 2013, this month, Klinsmann will have had his 27th match...as he seeks USA's qualifying for World Cup 2014 as continuation of USA's TEAM building misses not a beat.

Our FA leader's/JFF leader's continuous attempt to pull the wool over the eyes of the Jamaica people seem to be working as we are once again engaged in a massive babble...the same stupid argument about a replacement coach being the solution to current dilemma. ...this our latest preparation for failure.

We have been hoodwinked into overlooking the real problem, a "FAILURE TO PREPARE TEAM" and thus we have overlooked where to ascribe blame. We need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Our JFF leader failed to provide the environment within which TEAM Reggae Boyz could have been properly prepared to meet the challenges at the CFU Caribbean Cup level, the CONCACAF Gold Cup level and World Cup 2014 Qualifying level.

If by chance we qualify to attend at the World Cup 2014 Final tournament in Brazil it is to be hoped that being lucky does not make us forget our lack of a TEAM during the period after we were eliminated from World Cup 2010 qualifiers through to today's date (16 June 2013) or how "failure to prepare" gave us "prepare to fail" at attempts at qualifying for World Cups in 2002, 2006 and 2010. ...and the stupid argument in which we are engaged today the 16th of June, 2013.
    Last edited by Karl; June 16, 2013, 02:37 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Captain prepped this team poorly and then the technical staff forced people into a team. I am struggling to understand how Whitmore is the only person gone.

Comment

Aaaaaah ..... here lies the 800 lb gorilla no one wants to disturb..
      .. Long term preparation. Simoes treated the RBZ like a development club.. nuff nuff games from a local core producing a diamond from that crucible.

Unfortunately that can only occur from locals available 24/7 x 365

However that's too hard...it's easier and less costly to bring in statistically "better" players from foreign points at the 11th hour who can pop in occasionally

Woooooiiiiieeee
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
      X