Since I was informed by a poster that Burrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I was informed by a poster that Burrell

isn't going anywhere, maybe Burrell will now remember the long term preparation & investment in the players that took the ReggaeBoyz to the '98 WC.

I still feel that the JFF should now use qualified & experienced Jamaican coaches/managers to develop & manage your national football program. With scarce financial resources I think the two that you should get are Lenny Taylor as the TD & Lorne Donaldson as the U20 & senior head coach. You can then assign your 7 best/most promising young coaches as their apprentices (and you could include Whitmore).

Burrell can start using his position & influence in FIFA to get the national teams some quality practice games & training camps.

Did you watch the US v. Panama game?

Your thoughts on Altidore's performance.

Thanks.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Yes I watched, & he and the team did pretty good, but I'm not getting carried away......It was Panama. If they can do that consistently against Top 5 or 10 teams, then I'll get excited

Comment

Also scrap the JFF Technical Committee. They are either clueless or don't give a d@mn.

Comment

I want the US to nail Honduras to the stake next week.

A 3 NIL win would be quite satisfying!

I think Altidore can only get better.

I smiled watching beasley last night. He is as fleety as a Thompson's Gazelle! Pitty he missed that one-two play that hit the pipe.

The US could win the group!!
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Altidore has improved leaps and bound the last season. Mi know you have him as a flop but it was growing pains.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well!!! There is the revenge factor vs Honduras. Let's see if Klinsy will use that as a motivator.

He looks improved, but would like to see him & the team against TOP rated opponents. Also need consistency from both.

Beasley is still one of my favorite U.S. players.

Comment

and those coaches are?

Comment

If you're referring to the 7 "apprentice" coaches , that will be for Lenny & Lorne to select.

Comment

Overseas prospective Jamaican coaches

Managerial career

Paul Hall currently holds a UEFA 'A' coaching license. In 2009 Hall coached at Soleil College. In November 2010, he was named assistant manager at English Conference side Mansfield Town.
                    Hall joined up with Marcus Law at Conference National side Tamworth, and is helping with coaching the team, Hall lives local to the Tamworth area, and will pass on his experience to a young squad.

Fitzroy Simpson
                    Simpson currently works as a self-employed fitness guru. Currently setting up his new gym adventure called 'Get fit with Fitzroy'.

Tyrone Marshall offers to coach Jamaica youths for free

Loc: Miramar, FL, USA

Marshall wants to coach Boyz

file - Tyrone Marshall

GORDON WILLIAMS, Star Writer

Reggae Boy Tyrone Marshall is offering his coaching services to Jamaica's national football programme. Free.

The 35-year-old, who represented the senior Reggae Boyz more than 80 times and holds a "B" coaching license in the United States where he is based, said he was willing to serve as an assistant coach with the country's youth teams, starting in the offseason, following the 2011 Major League Soccer (MLS) campaign in North America.

"It's something that I've always wanted to do," Marshall explained yesterday. "I feel I have the capability. I feel I can contribute in different ways."

Marshall said he would soon contact the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) to make his intentions official.

"I plan to contact Captain (Horace) Burrell and the JFF to ask if I can come down and help out with the under 17s, under 20s, under 23s," he said.

much compensation

Luther Blissett
                    Coaching career

Following retirement from playing in league football in 1994, Blissett created a huge stir in the Eastern Counties Football League by agreeing to play for Fakenham Town in Norfolk, whose chairman was a lifelong Watford fan, and big crowds turned out wherever he played.[citation needed] He then rejoined Watford as a coach in February 1996, coming in with returning manager Graham Taylor. He left the club in June 2001, following the appointment of Gianluca Vialli as manager. Vialli wanted to appoint his own backroom staff, and Blissett was among those deemed surplus to requirements. Taylor was publicly critical of the decision not to retain long-serving members of staff such as Blissett and Kenny Jackett.[11]
                    In May 2002, he moved to York City to carry out a coaching role.[12] He later left that post and on 15 February 2006 was appointed manager of Southern League team Chesham United, which he even made two appearances for as a substitute. However, in April 2007, it was announced that Blissett would leave Chesham at the end of the season to concentrate on his involvement with the Windrush Motorsport project, which aimed to enter the Le Mans 24 hour race.[13]
                    On 27 March 2010, it was confirmed that Blissett had signed to Hemel Hempstead Town as a coach.[14

We have coaches ready and willing, but we still need a program.
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post

Burrell can start using his position & influence in FIFA to get the national teams some quality practice games & training camps.
                      ...all national teams!
                      Agreed!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
                        Also scrap the JFF Technical Committee. They are either clueless or don't give a d@mn.
                        No you mean not the committee...the present members of the committee!
                        Agreed!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Those "apprentice" coaches should be local. Start teaching & developing those that are already in Jamaica, and that will be the foundation of a strong & long term football program. Both Lenny & Lorne have a track record of teaching & developing players and coaches, especially at the youth level, as well as working with Jamaican footballers, and most importantly developing & managing football programs.

Comment

I leave no one out , Burrell needs to have a coaching conference inviting the diaspora, I am with you .

I believe like Jangle we can get more value for money if we develop a program and it must be centered around good coaching.Just like our T&F.
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The USA team has improved leaps and bounds since the start of the Hex. This performance against Panama shows much in the tank. After scoring the second goal the USA stepped off the gas and as fact allowed Panama a few good looks at goal.

USA if they had maintain as before the 2nd goal could have scored more...perhaps 2 or 3 more.
                              Last edited by Karl; June 12, 2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X