No announcement yet.

Per X's question, I will get serious with my 2 cents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westman, What you say would theoretically be great in an ideal world. I have a couple questions:
    Let me echo X here ... who will implement this? I know you offered your services as a labour of love but seriously, who?

But back up a little. You say kids should register with clubs from as young as five then you go on to describe a system that really is based upon a PUBLIC school system including its PE programme. My question is... is this the purpose of our public school PE programme? It sounds like everyone will be playing football all year. What about other sports? other team sports?

I put it to you that taxpayers' money should NOT be focussed on developing any particular sport, to the extent that your plan would. This is unless I am interpreting this incorrectly. I am talking about Jamaica and a government that is essentially broke.

IMO a PE programme should expose students to a wide variety of sports. The PE programme should not cater to the elites which is what you are focussed on developing. It might come as a surprise to many but NOT every child in school plays or even wants to play football or any other sport. The schools should spend money to develop ALL students in a variety of disciplines , sports just being one.

Your programme I have no problem with, but the vehicle for it I disagree with.

And BTW, it's gonna take more than Moyes and the old Slur Al Licks in the background to keep Manchester... united.
    Peter R

Comment

Just so you understand what I mean by a PE programme, I see it as no different than Maths or Chemistry as a school subject. The programme you describe I see as an extra-curricular activity.
      Peter R

Comment

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...o+face+reality
        Last edited by Karl; June 9, 2013, 08:30 PM.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I agree with you. That kind of program designed for elite young players needs to be handled by the clubs, the JFF or some other body. Regular school physical education is not the place for it any more than high school music class is the place to train elite young musicians. That has to happen after school.

Like you I also agree with the essence of Westman's analysis and suggestions.
            Last edited by Islandman; June 9, 2013, 08:17 PM.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Xcellent piece.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Wait.. a so long yu de bout??

I skimmed your piece... the perennial question will pop up no matter how good the suggestion is: Who will implement it?

I think that that is a major part of the problem. JFF whoever that is, seems happy to let English clubs (and now a German) develop players and then we go looking... supplemented with some local talent.

I have nothing against the UB 40s by the way... but the focus should be, as I think we all agree, on developing local players to the best of our ability.
                Peter R

Comment

Comment

Comment

-------------

--------------

Just to give among other things context. Good post, Sir Jangle.
                      ...and we can be very afraid that Mr. Bricktop's request of you...his thinly veiled prophesy comes to past.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Comment

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...ghlight=simoes

Comment

Ryan Johnson on TEAM ReggaeBoyz

[quote] But striker Ryan Johnson reaffirmed his team's commitment to “Tappa” – and the quest for a place in next summer's big event – after Friday's painful 2-1 loss to the United States.

“He cares. We all care,” said Johnson, discussing his coach's anguished reactions to the defeat. “We feel sometimes that we're on our own sometimes because there's so much criticism and people thinking they know what's best for the team and this and that. People just need to trust the coach and whatever he says, goes. If we succeed, then we succeed. If we don't, we don't.

“But there's just too much people with their opinions that have never been in this situation, never been a professional athlete in their lives.”

READ: Jamaica "gutted" after heartbreaking loss to the United States in Kingston

Whitmore has been in charge since 2009 and has led a sweeping overseas talent search over the past year. The process seems to have raised the overall level of ability at his disposal, but may have come at the cost of team cohesion heading into a strenuous Hex experience.

“This is not easy. USA is not a team you just walk over,” said Johnson. “The first time we beat them was just [nine] months ago, last year – that was the first time in history, no [Jamaican] team has ever beaten them and we have, we accomplished that.

“People seem to forget sometimes that we're a young team and just trying to get our identity. The lineups aren't always consistent, it's very different a lot. We're just trying to gel as quickly as we can on the field, with strangers, basically.”

Players and coaches have lamented the severely limited time windows in which that process has been able to take place and the Portland Timbers target man believes there is reason for optimism despite the standings' bleak reality.
                            “That's something we have to deal with as international players. We all come in as individuals and we have to try to gel as quickly as possible,” said Johnson after Friday's 2-1 defeat to the US. “And that's the job of the team, the organization, to get these guys to gel as quickly as possible in just days, basically, before these games. It's not always going to be pretty, but the effort has to be there and the effort was there from a lot of the guys tonight, I thought.”

Source - http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ing-crossroads
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...66916#poststop

Comment

Hold on a minute. There is a place for PE in the system and there is a place for clubs at the same time. Elite players need to fostered in high school team programs and in clubs. There has to be a comprehensive program with all levels of football at all age groups.

I never said PE should be limited to football. PE should be a serious comprehensive class at each form level. Many sports should be taught. The theory of courses and carrying out of fundamentals on the field. Kids need to be educated about the theory, practice, skills, history, fitness, nutrition, psychology, equipment management, etc.

Some may go thru the PE program only and become good managers, coaches, sports medics, trainers, equipment managers, etc.
                                "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Working...
                                X