No announcement yet.

My assesment of Mattocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope same game since Panama. Mexico must have been in a state of shock. Down in the last mins the adjusted and started taking calculated risks (gambling that Ja won't score on the counter). It payed off early in the second half. THis is how ALL teams have been playing Ja since Panama.

Ja has no striker to make their opponents nervous in defence.

Comment

No blame for me except to the jff and tappa ,no practice matches means no chemistry compounded with an. influx. of. new. players. and half. the. team. being new to the starting 11.How can anyone seriously blame a player?
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Guys Mattocks is imature.. Who said he had a great game against spurs btw. He showed glimpses of his explosiveness. If the coach said he wanted him central that is what the coach is saying.. Why you all think the coach tell him to play left and his covering. Now keep in mind central strikers will float.. Thierre Henry did at aresnal much of his goals game when he drifted on the left side. Sometimes a player goes where they feel they can find space or get more service.. I think we are majoring in the minor.

Comment

Tappa said he had a great game against Spurs..

Comment

OJ the coach may have told him to play central but there was nobody else out there, it is natural for someone to plug that gap. The coach moved Mcleary over the other side and the other two changes were Jermaine Beckford as a central striker and Kemar Daley as a central midfielder so you would expect one of those central player to drift wide. Who was there to do it?

I blame Mattocks for the throw in the last part of the game and some bad passes but I can't blame him for a glaring coaching mistake. They could have put on Omar daley on the left and they wouldn't have to tell Mattock to stay inside.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

but it clear the coach wanted him to play central (or why would he said the player did not listen to instruction or alleged that?

Comment

yeah maybe Tappa wanted him there but if you look closely, the right wingback for Mexico was free, so once the ball pass there someone would have to chase it. If he didn't they would say him nuh want play. I can see how this could get rather confusing to the player. If you notice it was Mattocks who chased back and tackle near the goal on the leftside.

As I said I think it was a glaring mistake by Tappa. Who was suppose to play the left wing, left mid? They sent McCleary on the right, Take Rudy from the left defensive mid out of the game so the left side of the field was very open.
                Last edited by Assasin; June 7, 2013, 12:27 PM.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

having not seeing the game i cant comment.... but dont understand why a coach is saying i asked the player to do this and someone is saying the player was ok to do what he wants...

Comment

So who is the liar? Mattocks came out and said Tappa told him to play on the wing...said its not his favorite position but he plays wherever the coach tells him for the team.....we in serious trouble...Said it from day one...Tappa has no business coaching Jamaica.

Comment

By the way, If Mattocks didn't follow instructions, why is he still in the squad? Use that to choose who to believe

Comment

where did you hear this?

Comment

Furthermore I saw Mattocks chasing down a lone Mexican heading for goal. Mattocks won the ball passed to keeper then ran back up top. Need more attacking payers who would really help out. Yes Rudi was missed; after he was pulled the Mexicans just kept popping up in the penalty area.

It's sad when the Prof was here Ja would be exposed to high quality ball , now it's only when Ja has qualifiers against quality teams the nations see top notch ball. Therefore the experts sit and talk about play maker. The mexicans demonstrated to Ja the need fora strong defensive mid with a counter attacking mind. Ja cannot move and pass the ball as the mexicans (only the S.americans can surpass them there). Ja should have played to their strength which is Rudi's game hard tackling and using our speed to counter. Ja had success against the US with this. Ja went up to the Azteca and had success. The experts pressured the coach to conform. The only thing Ja needed was a striker a man who isn't afraid to buss shot pon goal. Cho ah true yuh nuh know how mi bex.

Comment

Breddah X mi vex bout di game because Ja could have taken the three points. Tappa know ball;Tappa played at the highest level. Brasilians (r9, cafu, Roberto carlos et al showed him respect) Tappa conformed to local pressure who didn't even smell the type of ball he played. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                              Furthermore I saw Mattocks chasing down a lone Mexican heading for goal. Mattocks won the ball passed to keeper then ran back up top. Need more attacking payers who would really help out. Yes Rudi was missed; after he was pulled the Mexicans just kept popping up in the penalty area.

It's sad when the Prof was here Ja would be exposed to high quality ball , now it's only when Ja has qualifiers against quality teams the nations see top notch ball. Therefore the experts sit and talk about play maker. The mexicans demonstrated to Ja the need fora strong defensive mid with a counter attacking mind. Ja cannot move and pass the ball as the mexicans (only the S.americans can surpass them there). Ja should have played to their strength which is Rudi's game hard tackling and using our speed to counter. Ja had success against the US with this. Ja went up to the Azteca and had success. The experts pressured the coach to conform. The only thing Ja needed was a striker a man who isn't afraid to buss shot pon goal. Cho ah true yuh nuh know how mi bex.
                              I asked why Ruddy was pulled...and fram dat deh day till tideh nun a hex-pert dem will tek a shat hat tellin ow dat guh?
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

At least you know Dane going to give it him all, with zero issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X