X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a bangarang when him reach?

My Sunderland can beat Chelsea - Keane
    tribalfooball.com - April 18, 2007

Sunderland boss Roy Keane says his current team would survive in the Premiership - and even give Chelsea a run for their money.

Keane watched the champions' FA Cup semi-final against Blackburn Rovers on Sunday and the former Manchester United captain said he saw nothing to fear in a Chelsea side who are still chasing an unprecedented quadruple.

He said: "I went to the game just hoping to see a decent game and have a look at Chelsea, see what their manager is all about and pick up different things. I left before extra-time but overall I have to say I didn't think it was a very good game. I thought it was poor.
    "I looked at both teams and thought: 'We could have either of them' - just as I looked at Middlesbrough and West Bromwich a few months ago. "We could take them and I saw nothing to worry us. I have watched plenty of Premiership teams recently I reckon we could take a few of them."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

so he thinks his team can do what only a few teams has done in the last two year. Never did figer Roy as a bright lad.

Comment

Mouth mek fi seh anything
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Roy Keane is a brilliant coach, but in this case he is suffering from "foot in mouth" disease.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

...and, why not?

His team is improving by leaps and bounds. Roy Keane's philosophy has always been - hard nosed determined 100% full game play + generous portions of skill + good tactical play...TEAM!...and, his players have bought into it.

Keane has always played - in your face football. He gives the opponent on the ball a nanosecond. He lives and dies by meeting the ball...and, when that is impossible rough up the opponent - NO QUARTER GIVEN by his TEAM.

All the big four need time on the ball. Chelsea and ManU less than Courtney's beloved 'pool and my sweet playing Arsenal. Chelsea is possible the only one of the big four that could take the punishment - pace of game and roughhouse - Keane would demand of his players in such a clashes. Yup! - not as crazy his 'big talk' as some may think! In any case, I would love to see his TEAM try to back up the manager's talk.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
          X