Warnock praise for Shelton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnock praise for Shelton

Neil Warnock has heaped praise on Luton Shelton following his fine display at Old Trafford, but feels the Jamaican has set himself a high standard following his excellent full debut.
    Shelton was asked to plough a lone furrow in attack, but caused The Red Devils' defence a host of problems throughout and should have been awarded a penalty in the second half
    Warnock has revealed that he did not want to use Shelton this term, but admits the striker's performance has given him food for thought.
    "I thought Luton Shelton did ever so well on his debut," Warnock told Sky Sports.
    "He has set his own standards now, it will be difficult to keep up with that.
    "I said it might be a bit different when you have Chris Morgan behind you whacking you rather than Wes Brown and them chesting it down.
    "He did ever so well and it is pleasing. I did not want to rush him as he has so much to learn. "I really wanted him for next season, but he has shown he can be a threat."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Warnock has no fears about Shelton's talent, but is wary about demanding too much from the forward.

"I don't want to start with Danny and if Christian isn't fit I might have to go with Luton," Warnock told The Daily Mail.

"I don't want to rush him and damage him.

"If you look at foreign players - even people like Didier Drogba in his first season at Chelsea - it can take them 12 months to adjust after coming to England.

"It's such a crucial game on Saturday and I don't want to put undue pressure on Luton."

So he debuts him at Old Trafford. Go figure!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Morgan impressed by Sheffield Utd pal Shelton
      tribalfooball.com - April 18, 2007

Chris Morgan says Sheffield United teammate Luton Shelton can be proud of his full debut at Manchester United this week.
      "I thought Luton did really well up there on his own. He gave them something to think about and he looked exciting and sharp," said Morgan of the Jamaica international.

<=====================================>

Now that him set the standard fi himself, I hope he keeps at it.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
      X