Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barcelona v Bayern - So Bayern showed complete

superiority.

In the first game Bayern showed technical ability to match Barcelona...and then TEAM, just as great as Barcelona albeit a tad different.

The difference, on TEAM Bayern wastes no time making the superfluous pass...it was movement and passing/passing and movement in a more direct purposeful way towards creating scoring opportunities.

Both TEAMS - right across the field with few exceptions - fast...very, very fast.

Tactical play a wash! - Triangle plays and TEAM movement always as entire unit...support ever present on attack and defense...as I said a wash.

On fitness Bayern a country mile ahead of Barcelona.

On the very, very important jumping ability - right across the field - Bayern miles ahead.

In the first game Barcelona tried to match Bayern on tempo. This is one time Barcelona could not dictate the tempo...so tried to match Bayern. Barcelona failed at that. Bayern was stronger - (set of players) - and the players had greater physical (and mental) endurance.

Having found out that Bayern killed them in the first game on tempo...Barcelona tried a slower more deliberate sequence of build-ups. I suspect the aim was to match Bayern (bring Bayern down to fewer frontal assaults/fewer of those direct build-ups)...and a hope to bring Messi on when 'the game has come back' and inject his darting runs and dribbles...?

The thing is the game never came back. Bayern showed that it - TEAM - can operate at any tempo without a fall off in tactics and the ability to turn on directness at the drop of a hat.

Conclusion: This TEAM Bayern will defeat this TEAM Barcelona every day of the week...twice on Sundays!!!

Aside: The 2 matches great, GREAT, GREAT teaching tools.

btw - Dunny
    Per Mertesacker would be a reserve player on the Bayern TEAM. ...or worse never ever considered for this TEAM/Club's squad.
    Last edited by Karl; May 1, 2013, 05:06 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Per Mertasacker would be the general at the back for Bayern Munich.I remember the said the same thing about Van Buyten when he played for Manchester City in 2003. He is too slow, big and clumbsy! Look at him now. He is not as good a player as Mertasacker (28yrs old, 80 odd caps for Germany, played in multiple world cups and European championships and still an integral part of one of the greatest teams in world football) Karl you can continue to kid yourself

Comment

OK, sah!

...and just to be clear you were not referring to me on comments about Van Buyten! Some may think that was my assessment.
      Last edited by Karl; May 2, 2013, 11:19 AM.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

That's his hobby!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
        X