Left-footed or Right-footed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left-footed or Right-footed....

Are one-footed football stars a modern phenomenon...and is being good with both legs that important?
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

When you say modern, what is your time frame?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

LOL. Ball a ball. If you one foot good it just good. It is the same debate from 19 o long.

Some man left foot better than two right foot.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Left-footed footballers have the benefit of unfamiliarity ...since ~90% of the people they played[or currently playing against] while developing used their right foot

Comment

what that means in footballing term????
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Defenders are less used to playing against you, less competition for spots down the left flank

...defenders usually get caught leaning the wrong way when you dribbling towards the goal from the right wing, since defenders spend the great majority of their time dealing with right-footed players [expecting a sudden shot to the right]... so when you go for a hard kick to the left they can quickly fall a step behind...check Messi’s most dangerous and disruptive attacks-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXzXsdZJ5AQ

habit and muscle memory work so consistently against defenders of left-footed players

Comment

If so how comes you don't have more left players creating havoc in top leagues???

Right foot players can't do the same, no?

Comment

what is the ratio, in top leagues ie?

Comment

Not sure of the exact ration but you have a lot more right foot players and more many right footed superstars.

Comment

but ...do you agree there is an over representation of left footers?

Comment

No, I don't. You could also put Messi down as a over representation of Short players.

Comment

think for a minute...~10% of the gen.population is right handed...but from observations...almost half of the top strikers are left footers or ambidextrous[the ratio is even worse among tap of the top players in history]...and you are of that opinion?

Comment

"almost half of the top strikers are left footers or ambidextrous[the ratio is even worse among tap of the top players in history]...and you are of that opinion?"

Where do you get this from??? No half of top strikers are not left footed.

Comment

or 'mixed-footed'

really?

Comment

Are you really disputing this, Sass?!?

Left-handed/footed sportsmen are disproportionately represented in sports when compared to the "normal" world. And their brilliance goes even further.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X