GIGO - Garbage In Garbage Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIGO - Garbage In Garbage Out

That's a term in the IT field where ANY computer system will "process" any nonsensical data you input and "produce" a nonsensical result.

- That is what you have with your football "program". Your players/footballers are not being taught and coached properly (the Garbage In), and the results are poor/weak performances in games/competitions (the Garbage Out).

It is time that you make a COMPLETE CHANGE with your football, and that means new personnel in the JFF. Thank Mr. Burrell and his staff for what they have done, in the past, (qualifying Jamaica for the '98 WC and other age group WCs) and get people with more creative and enterprising ideas and methods of developing a comprehensive football program so you not only consistently qualify for these competitions, but can compete against the other countries there.

Utilize YOUR Resources

Based on what I have read, heard & seen your T&F program was developed and implemented by Jamaicans, and I think that is how you will develop and implement a "comprehensive football program". There are "qualified" Jamaicans who are willing to be a part of this development and growth, but for some reason they are overlooked and ignored for foreign expertise that carry a price tag which eats up your meager budget. The irony is that some of these Jamaicans are a part of the U.S. program, which is second only to Mexico in CONCACAF.

Comment

Your Quote: "The irony is that some of these Jamaicans are a part of the U.S. program, which is second only to Mexico in CONCACAF".

USAF, I alluded to what you said as the answer to Jamaican football development in an earlier post.

You see, even today, lots of Jamaicans (still) do not think the US can play better football than Jamaica. Lots of this thinking is withing the coaching and decision making ranks.

In my post yesterday, I said the US U-17 has qualified for the World Cup over 10 times. Actually this will be the 16th time. The US must be doing something right.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
        Your Quote:

In my post yesterday, I said the US U-17 has qualified for the World Cup over 10 times. Actually this will be the 16th time. The US must be doing something right.
        Must tease you here!
        The US is out!!! -
        PANAMA CITY, Panama -- Honduras recorded a 3-1 quarterfinal win to stun the United States to qualify for the FIFA Under-17 World Cup and reach the semifinals of the 2013 CONCACAF U-17 Championship on Sunday night.

The result denied the Americans from qualifying for the U-17 World Cup for the first time. The U.S. was the only country that had participated in every FIFA U-17 world championship, having qualified a record 14 times.

http://www.concacaf.com/page/Under17...144404,00.html
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
          Utilize YOUR Resources

Based on what I have read, heard & seen your T&F program was developed and implemented by Jamaicans, and I think that is how you will develop and implement a "comprehensive football program". There are "qualified" Jamaicans who are willing to be a part of this development and growth, but for some reason they are overlooked and ignored for foreign expertise that carry a price tag which eats up your meager budget. The irony is that some of these Jamaicans are a part of the U.S. program, which is second only to Mexico in CONCACAF.
          US coaches would be a good fit at instilling discipline - shape and tactical awareness.

Our local coaches seem blind/ignorant to tactics!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"US coaches" ..........You mean US based coaches? That's who I was talking about. There are Jamaican coaches in the US who are doing very well coaching, managing & developing youth players, and I wouldn't be surprised if you have some in England.

Comment

I understood you.
              Why not name a few you consider qualified to help us?

Say 6 coaches (+ if Lorne Donaldson is one of those you had in mind...please name an additional 6)?

Comment

I posted a list about a month a ago with Lorne, Lenny, another who coaches females and was a part of Red Bulls academy, and others. I have to check to see if I saved the list.
                * See what Marshall has to offer - He has a US "A" license; played professionally for over 10 years (winning 2 MLS championships); and represented Jamaica for years.

Comment

OK!
                  ...will do a search in the forum.

Comment

I know.

FACT still remain...the US has qualified at this level 15 times!!!

They have been doing something right!!

HL

Comment

Karl, I recall Fitzroy Simpson had offered his services to the JFF to serve as assistant coach.

Personally, I think he would have done a better job than Downswell.

HL

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

I seem to recall that, HL!
                          Where is Fitzroy now? What is he doing?

Comment

USAF's list of Jamaican coaches in the USA

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...+US#post410460

Comment

Working...
                            X