Hertzog or Mattocks? Whitecaps have options up top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hertzog or Mattocks? Whitecaps have options up top

Corey Hertzog or Darren Mattocks? Vancouver Whitecaps have options up top vs. Real Salt Lake

Who will lead the line for the Vancouver Whitecaps against Real Salt Lake on Saturday at BC Place (4 pm ET, TSN/RDS2 in Canada, watch on MLS Live in US)?

Well, it may come down to what approach the home side adopts. Do the ‘Caps continue trying to play a possession game against a side that is one the league’s most capable possession sides, or do they play perhaps more pragmatically and look to counter?

“We are doing a better job of that this season,” head coach Martin Rennie said at training on Friday of the team’s ability to hold the ball. “It’s an interesting storyline to see how the possession will go, because both teams like to do it, and Salt Lake are one of the best at it.

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Big balla Mattocks not starting for Vancouver?!? Say it ain't so! It can't be so!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This is usual for Vancouver as they rotate strikers. Check last season and you will see the coach sat Mattocks in some games or run him off the bench.

They have 5 or 5 strikers and none has started all 5 games.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mosiah should know better than making comments like those. It does not matter how good a player you have or if he is a star baller. You cannot run the risk of playing him all the time and risk either burn out or injury.

Moreover, if you play the same player all the time, teams will be better able to devise strategy to stop you.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

People nuh realise how long the MLS season is and the fact that it is also a league with a play off so especially in early season it is wise to use your player pool and rotate a little.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

He got benched because the coach wasn't satisfied with him and Gershon Koffi's performance. Additionally, Nigel Reo-Coker is pressing up the coaches buttons when it comes to Mattocks.

Comment

Are you guys serious?!?

How much rotation has RvP seen? Ronaldo? Messi?

Please, come wid someting else. Yes, players are rotated but when you sit on the bench for a long time, a few consecutive games well, that is not rotation!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Yes, players are rotated but when you sit on the bench for a long time, a few consecutive games well, that is not rotation!
                dat is plain and simple....RIDING PINE!
                Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

I think it's this same rio coker that had a coach fired in England. he is disruptive and cannot work within a group. In short; he has some serious psychological issues. Balo scored a similar goal against Brasil and they are singing praises. Mattocks gave them a lead and they could not hold the lead hence they blame the striker. Is RC the coach of the team? Why did two goals come after a one nil lead? Oh give RC the ball so he could miss.

Mattocks better watch himself as jealous people will destroy his career because he has serious top quality potential. Pay attention to what happened to Freddy. Mattocks can't celebrate when he scores (it offends some people) he should look around to pass before he shoots , especially if RC is around. Joke ting.

Comment

RVP has seen the pine a few times well. When Ronaldo was 22 year old he say the pine a lot. Fergie never started in many games. You remember how Roy Keanne and Rudd Behaved???

Anyway Mattocks is not at Messi, Ronaldo or RVP stage yet. Still learning the game. It would be better to compare him with Welback or Hernandez at Manu.

Comment

Reo who think he is the best thing in Ball who Aston Villa and Bolton was glad to see his back because of how he behave and wanting to be attacking midfielder when he was not.

Comment

People like to mask their deficiencies by deflecting attention away from themselves. The team may be happy now that Mattocks is taking full blame for their away loss but the truth is there that the team has some issues in defence.

Then again qualifies is around the corner so you never know

Comment

The deserved equalizer did come on 84 minutes as RSL defender Nat Borchers handled the ball in the area after slipping under pressure from substitute Darren Mattocks. Camilo stepped up to take the penalty and sent Rimando the wrong way to level the scores with less than 10 minutes to go.

Noted.

Comment

Mosiah Messi, Ronaldo and Van Persie woulda step up and take the penalty too.

Comment

The issue is not who see the pine, it's the reason why. Hug up the rotation excuse if you'd like.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X