RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martin Davis speaks - stole this from ova suh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
    According to young Mr. Davis. . .

"I think Jamaicans need to be more tactically aware. If we get that, then the individualism of our players will transferred to the collectiveness of our team and you will see more results."

TEAM, Missa Davis seh!

Must say he handled himself well. Whatever happened to King Kaya? He was supposed to be a good talent too.
    Wondered on him, too!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Mo talk to Tilla him have all the latest pon this type of business.

Comment

Tilla right there, that was what really opened my ears up and has kind of further solidified my thoughts on what we have and what we don't have.

What we have is speed, strength and good one on one skill, but the passing and team business we have no clue on beyond the one two on a consistent basis. What we have you cannot buy it, what we don't have is also hard to get, but with time and commitment we can build that from the ground up.

Problem is one of our fundamental weaknesses in the culture is continuity, maintenance and continued improvement programs, because of that we probably will still be talking about this twenty years from now.

Comment

Yes, thought you would like that Karl.

Comment

Stoni all di youth a say , is we dont have good teachers of the game,hence di individualism,cant see why it cant be done in 4 years across the island.He is learning it as we speak in a teaching enviroment.
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Is not what di youth a say that I am looking at.

It is what we have done consistently is what I am looking at, especially in football, as the article today attests to we have been trying to put an academy together since 1998 and still cyan get no traction yet, much less putting together a comprehensive program with administration, intellectual knowledge (read qualified teachers and instructors) brick and mortar and other functions such as qualified and knowledgeable grounds keeper etc etc et that can at the very least start a program with any degree of continuity to it. Much less to make it the mother that spawns off smaller academies in every county or parish, that is like saying we are going to the moon.

What we have learned is that in Jamaica it will take an individual with passion and commitment to make it happen on a small scale in one place.

A Dennis Johnson, a Franno, a Glen Mills, my Youth from back in the day Bullhead and Phoenix turning them hand and making something out of what others see as nothing. For this to take real shape The Jff will have to have serious across the board commitment to a long term program regardless of leadership, as you well remember just two leaders in 15 years and nothing to show for it in regards to true development of our football infrastructure.

It could be a four year process to start it, but to reap the real rewards from such a program if instituted successfully it would be the first crop of the under tens today in ten to fifteen years before we could see real across the board progress, anything less and we ah joke it out as usual.

Comment

Well the academy should be done in 4 years ,lets see how they churn out the teachers because i see it as central in doing that .If thats not a part of the program then its a joke , it should be theeeee learning institution in the carribbean .
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I have been reliably informed that Kaya has given up on football and is now into music. He already has the locks, so he is halfway there already!

He is back in Canada.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                    According to young Mr. Davis. . .

"I think Jamaicans need to be more tactically aware. If we get that, then the individualism of our players will transferred to the collectiveness of our team and you will see more results."
                    Interesting comment. In that GPS interview, Wayne Walker brought up the quote from Montesso, where he stated the same fact, and yet Wayne Walker was ridilculing the coach for making such a comment.
                    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      I have been reliably informed that Kaya has given up on football and is now into music. He already has the locks, so he is halfway there already!

He is back in Canada.
                      Like how you put in "he has the locks, so he is halfway there already!!".

Well we lose more of the talented than those who stick with it...happens in every sphere of life. ...sports, academics or whatever.

Every year we churn out tons of the talented...and as it has been, so it shall be...few are they that reach the stars!!!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yeah, difference is one s a professional coach whose job it is o make that happen, and the other is a little youth telling us what he thinks. Big difference there.

Comment

Working...
                        X