How many points will the Reggaeboyz have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many points will the Reggaeboyz have

to drop before Hue and Mattocks take their rightful place pon di field..

Dat is di question...

Mek wi si how tuff certain people heads be..

Be careful?
    The Boyz may not drop another point!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

You forget that Jamaica ranks 6th of 6 teams involved in the play-offs.

That they qualify may not be unprecedented (this time around).

Recall also that they were 'gifted' into the Hex.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Ranking is immaterial.. the entire squad has changed since that Ranking was computed...

How is ranking helping the Mexicans at this stage ?

The Reggaeboyz are under performing and their selection has been poor.. please do not waste my time with irrelevant datum...

Comment

Current FIFA Rankings for Hex teams.

#15 - Mexico

#33 - USA

#41 - Panama

#49 - Honduras

#53 - Costa Rica

#54 - Jamaica
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Please look up the word 'Immaterial'...

Comment

Karl, if Hue and Maddox (or whatever his name is )were on the squad...Jamaica would be leading the group wid 9 'pints'.

And dat's a fack.

HL

Comment

On the field.. get it right nuh.. cho...

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                  Karl, if Hue and Maddox (or whatever his name is )were on the squad...Jamaica would be leading the group wid 9 'pints'.

And dat's a fack.
                  HL: I have held myself back during all this debate but I think I shall now tell it exactly as I see it:

Our problem is 2-fold...yet not that of which Maudib, Mosiah and some others claim i.e. We need a creative midfielder because on attack our midfield is not good.

a) We need upfront quick passers, good passers (and good movers)...who are scorers. - Our starters should from hereon be the Johnsons -
                  Jermaine "Teddy" Johnson and Ryan Johnson*1.

b) We need a commitment from each TEAM member, save Adrian Mariappa and Demar Philips to work harder - each to give FULL 100. (Adrian Mariappa, Demar Philips and "keeper Ricketts already are giving FULL 100!!!)

It is our defending that is the problem.
                  Repeat: It is our defending that is the problem.
                  TEAM defending*2 !!!

We lost our sole match because TEAM defense (...sure individuals were beaten late...but it should not have come to that...the ball should not even have reached those deep positions) was poor.

We had a wonderful result in Mexico...but as fact we were over-run my the Mexicans. We can overlook most of that defending...those defending errors because our players were drained after 10 - 15 minutes...but some few times our defense was caught by poor habits coming to the fore. Mexico had many great looks!

The 2 matches we can point to our poor defense... poor TEAM defense --- Panama and Costa Rica - make for easy seeing that too many players gave minimal effort on defense.

Many were the forwards who either never provided defensive help or did so only on few occasions. Besides Austin...and even he slacked off too often...our other midfielders were 'sometimes defenders'. Those 'sometimes defenders' much too often literally walked at times without any effort to help on defense...or put in half-hearted efforts.

...besides with Nosworthy out our back-line became super porous. We need a true center-back to come in.

So the problems are - poor forwards & poor TEAM defense!!!!
                  Those we need to fix.

*1 & *2: Greater moving and passing/passing and moving will fix the problems - 90+% improvement!!! --- as that demands all players moving up and down, side to side...forward and backwards...while being in position to on attack provide support and on defense quickly win back the ball...(on defense quickly win back the ball=passing lanes will be closed, pressure will be applied on ball & opponent with the ball).

*1: The Johnsons - provide great movement and passing, swift passing in tight spaces (e.g. that one-two needed to knife through defenses and prevent goalkeeper from 'setting up' for shot/pass on goal.

...and the Johnsons also provide tremendous additional defensive addition to TEAM - TEAM defense.

...further by their example adding to Demar Philips' serve as spur for others to put in that FULL 100 work-rate.
                  Last edited by Karl; April 7, 2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

1. btw - The Johnsons just gave us a reminder that they are goal-scorers. Each gave us a 'double'. Good goals too...

...and both also gave us a look in on their good movements and good TEAM link-up (=good passing).

2. DID YOU SEE IT?
                    This Saturday & Sunday matches we also had good demonstrations of shooting/passing into goal...and none more so than the QPR goal v Wigan. Remy's one-time shot=pass on the full run from outside the penalty-area was a beaut!

Comment

I hope the JFF is not as stubborn as you...

Comment

I agree with you Karl...it's all about team defending!!

HL

Comment

Working...
                        X