RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the coach Tappa , Burrell or di Brazilian ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good one, Peter.
    ...but seriously that question was worthy & the good Captain flubbed his lines. - How about a simple - Coach Whitmore requested assistants and after communicating his thinking on formation of TEAM, creation of playing style...he decided the Brazilians were a good fit on his coaching staff. Coach Whitmore decided their aptitude complements his philosophy and that they would prove excellent assistants. ...or some such thing.

As to the matter of the business cooperation with Webb?
    Butta question - Mr. Webb is a business with many interests in his country and elsewhere...we both decided that it was wise to pool our resources and know-how and enter into this venture. ...that we have know each other for a long time made it easier for us to assess the strengths we each have and how that made for taking this step of working together on what we expect will be a profitable venture.

--- Purely business baba...and stepping right to the plate on the under-current of 'none of your damn business' and the screaming of 'I am a businessman who is always looking for the next good venture'.
    Last edited by Karl; April 5, 2013, 08:18 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I found nothing unprofessional with how the host conducted the interview. Also, it was a good question to query if we are really getting value for money and the resulting football returns with our continual sticking with the Brazilians. It maters not how many titles Brazil have won. Nations rise to heights of power and later fall into oblivion and the same can be said for football. Not because you were a conqueror or champion at one time means you are going to be that way for ever. Things and time change.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Why am I not surprised? Okay what if MIT and CALTECH took engineering students from JA also had some direct link (via IP) in terms of classes. After a certain period; the Jakans students aren't really lighting up Ja's economy with innovation. What are you going to do? Blame the US schools as being no good and talk about maybe India and China colleges would have done better? You may want to examine the students themselves and thier approach to studying. Nuff said.

Comment

Context Karl. What is the name of the show? Spots GPs. Yes or is it rumor mill and gossip corner?

Comment

See my answer to Tilla.

Comment

See tere in lies the problem with our Jakan culture. We love folklore, gossip and "duppy stories" not hard cold facts. This is why it was easy for Eddie to make a fool of the Jakan people with them asking "ah who fa".

You said it yourself; you would love to hear more on Hue. The interviewer did not ask about Hue but spent his time worry about the Captain's bakery and its expansion efforts. The Captain was able to ride off without having to deal with the Hue question, thus leaving the loose canon holding a bag of guessing and suppositions. He has no hard facts and that's not the issue to be discussed there.

Comment

Mi glad yuh see it boss. They need to send him on a summer course or something. Did you hear him say "now that Mattocks is earning some Canadian dollars". I was like what? Oh those small issues. He even made a comment about eing in a room which was filled with prime ministers. This prompted the security guy to say something about the interviewer should be happy he is out of the bleachers and into the royal box or something. This guy needs to be exposed more in order to broaden his horizons and not be "frightened" at every turn he makes at these events.
                Imagine Bolt who is friends among billionaires and royalties; don't you think he will be privy to business deals that the average human could only dream of? what if one Olympic exec offers Bolt a deal to set up a chinese version of stars and tracks? Cho unnuh please tek out that guy more often that's all I can say. Time to see beyond putting two Taxis pon road an eat ah food.

Comment

I hear seh Darryl Vaz rape and murder an Immaculate girl.. ah chue ?

Comment

I agree with you here Jawge. I think the guy seem to miss the fact that he has a larger audience than Jamaica. The obsession with dollars, be it US or Canadian struck me as well when he said it.

I tried not to be too critical of the guy, but I was wondering on the way he presents himself to the viewing public. What kind of shirt that was he wearing on national TV? The shirt sleeve so short that it is exposing his deltoids. This is something one may more wear to a club (and not just any club either).

I think his attire is too informal for the occasion, but then maybe that is just me. Maybe I have been living outside of Jamaica for too long now that I am not used to seeing TV hosts carry themselves that way. It is just possible this is acceptable in Jamaica.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I will have to revisit. I hade had some time to reflect on the questioning of Capt Burrell and I can see where I could also agree that the questioning were inappropriate. Anyway, got to run, maybe later.

Comment

Did you her the stupid discussion about the branding of the campaign...fine he didnt like it but outrighly telling burrell to change it? the other guy had to ask him if he was gonna pay for the rebranding. Dumbest thing I ever hear...its marketing Dumbo...Rio is tourist attraction etc...it probably means much more to some people than saying Brazil.....such small minded arrogance...

Comment

YES, he did.

Comment

No. Answer the question...

Comment

The fact is though that World Cups are not assigned to cities (Rio is a city), they are assigned to countries.

I think if we have a campaign called Road to Rio, then we must have started preparing for the Olympics early. It is a blunder on the JFF's part, as even if we qualify, we may not even play in Rio, much more make it there. I would expect the fnals to be played at Estádio do Maracanã, which is in Rio, but I would not expect us to make it to the finals if we make it to Brazil 2014.

We Cannot just change things so-so suh Plush. It was Road to Spain, Road to France, Road to Japan/Korea, Road to Germany, Road to South Africa so why all of a sudden Road to Rio? If people who would recognize Rio more than they do the country Brazil, then they are just plain ignorant. If you check FIFA ads and website, it is Brazil 2014, not Rio 2014.
                              As a matter of fact, there is no World Cup competition with the name Rio 2014 that falls under the auspices of FIFA.

The JFF made a blunder, but they did not want to admit it on national TV. I myself asked the same question recently on this forum as to what is all this thing about Road to Rio and not Road to Brazil. The interviewer made a valid point and he deserved a proper answer. Asking him if he wanted to bear the cost of rebranding was just foolish if you ask me.

Comment

The dumbest PR move by the JFF , road to Rio...lol and what is that to change but a name ?..idiots , all they have to to is, do whatever future Promo in the correct name...ROAD TO BRAZIL !

what if we get placed in Sal Paulo.
                                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                                X