Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These Nigerias. . .

Former AC Milan player Taribo West is '12 years older than he claims'

Former manager says the retired Nigerian international is already in his 50s

Former Nigeria international Taribo West is 12 years older than he claims to be, according to former Partizan Belgrade president Zarko Zecevic.

The Serb alleges that defender West, officially listed as 39, has in fact already passed the age of 50.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...s-8560297.html
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Who yuh seh...Freddy Adu?????
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I don't know if the figure being quoted is accurate, but I always suspected he was older than his stated age. He started playing "old" at a very young age.

Comment

So wait deh, this Serb sey sumtin and we tek it as fact? Show me the beef.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I meet a bunch of them in my travels. I will go as far and say that none of them have their correct DOBs in their passport. Some will lie for days about it until I guess they realise you are not there to turn them in. Others will give you their passport ages and their real ages without batting an eyelid. A difference of 10 years is not uncommon.

Sometimes I wonder though - how many of their real ages are actually real!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Plz, Hortical. Dis is one ting I know for sure!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh have seen his birth certificate?
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Kalrsruhe - Unbeaten In 20 Games

http://www.liga3-online.de/20-spiele...r-sc-so-stark/

You will need German-to-English translation software, but after a bad start to the season, Karlsruhe has 16 wins and four draws in its last 20 games. Karlsruhe has not lost a Liga 3 match since September 22.

Karlsruhe has by far the best defense (18 goals conceded in 30 games), and scored the second-most goals (53), only three behind fifth-place Heidenheim.

This article features the front end of KSC's lineup, Koen van der Biezen (Holland), Hakan Caghonolu (Turkey) and Rouen Hennings (Germany), but makes no mention of the back end of KSC's lineup, especially goalkeeper Dirk Orlishausen, and center defenders Daniel Gordon and Jan Mauersberger.

Defense wins games, scoring sells tickets.

Comment

I think Kanu is another one who is about 10 years the age he says he is. I have always felt that from he played on the Nigerian youth teams.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Don't need to!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Horti, it is a known fact that the Nigerians roll back the age of their players all the time. FIFA had a case against one of their age group teams some time back.

Comment

Yeah , the practice has its consequences, people playing in competition that that they are ineligible,and clubs signing long term contracts solely on the deception.
                        The other side of the coin shows serious question around the so-called shelf live of players(certainly Africans) and unfair discrimination based on age.
                        His birth paper did not take the physicals nor did it performed in training sessions.

Comment

Exactly!

Indeed some of the players who have been turned down in some countries because of age, my response to the club has been, at times - he's as old as the Nigerian who is 10 years younger and scoring every week for you!

Imagine if Tuffy Anderson could roll back his DOB in his passport! All Tappa woulda select him!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

Imagine if Tuffy Anderson could roll back his DOB in his passport! All Tappa woulda select him!

Comment

Working...
                            X