No announcement yet.

"Jack" Speaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuh vex how Blazer rat out yuh bwoy, eh?

Heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yep, them fi get nail.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It would do you well to think on "Jack's" achievements.
        Least of all as we are engaged in another attempt to attend at the FIFA World Cup in Brazil 2014.

He opened our football to becoming a local Jamaica industry with a toe-hold in the World Marketplace for football players and others associated with football.

Certain it is that "Jack's" work made it possible for you to become our 1st and still only active Football Players Agent.

...but that Players Agent role pales when compared to the number of our players who are on the path to upward social mobility and the families and associates they take with them on that great ride.

There are things about "Jack" we find difficult to swallow but let not any downside make us ungrateful for the tremendous good works he did. He has started us on the path to good benefits for a very many of our people...even many yet unborn.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

How in God's holy name did Jack help me become an agent!??!?

Even Hitler did a bunch of good things for Germany.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            How in God's holy name did Jack help me become an agent!??!?
            a) You became an agent - You said so. I am not quoting you verbatim. - because you discovered a need for Jamaica's football players to be given quality representation.

You discovered that need as you saw the increasing numbers of players moving to professional leagues outside of Jamaica and recognized a need for players having representation in the local league. (God bless the paltry sum the local players receive in our NPL and how there shall be real break-though on local representation as all the clubs are paupers).

b) The movement of local players to professional leagues was driven by that initial exposure at World Cup 1998.

c) It was "Jack's" work that drove the formation of the CFU...then influential presence at/in CONCACAF...then at/in FIFA...that gave him the presence in those halls of power to propose and then lead a call for increased presence of CONCACAF nations at the FIFA World Cup.

It is "Jack's persistence that got the powers that be to authorize CONCACAF's increased allotment of nations at the World Cup.

d) Jamaica benefitted directly from the increased openings at the CONCACAF level and gained entry to World Cup 1998 Finals.

Jamaica as producer of quality footballers gained world-wide acceptance in the world's football players marketplace as direct result of exposure at World Cup 1998 finals.

Players agents from around the world saw our players and an opportunity and grasped same. As a result from firstly, "Bibi" Gardner to an English League, a trickle then gradual increasing flow of local players to professional leagues ensued.

e) That increasing flow of our players to professional leagues and increasing numbers of Players Agents 'into Jamaica' awakened your interest in becoming a Players Agent.

Now you would like us to believe you do not know that it was "Jack's" work that laid on your opportunities? ...or have you fooled yourself into this ignoring of the part "Jack's" played? ...or you....????
            Last edited by Karl; April 3, 2013, 10:04 AM.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Okay!

Remind me to send an appropriate gift at my earliest oppty!

sigh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Karl,

Your argument is like pointing to the benefit that Adolf Hitler (may be an extreme example but I use him because the analogy I think is pertinent) brought to his people (and later many in the world) by insisting that VW produce an affordable automobile that could carry a family of five.

In essence the man was still a xenophobe who practised genocide.
                Peter R

Comment

Mo, I didn't see this before I wrote my response to Karl; I also used a Hitler reference to answer his post.
                  Peter R

Comment

Great minds think alike!

Karl believes that every good that happened to CONCACAF is a direct result of Jack's work and could not have been done by any other president.

It's like saying Highway 2000 came from the brilliant mind of PJ Patterson. I think any PM we had in the 1990s would have realised, or it would have been suggested to him by some developer, that we needed to build a world class highway. Every eediat country has one! So, as much as the PNP and PJ would like to take credit, I will afford them only a little bit!

Likewise with Jack's accomplishments with CONCACAF.

And another president could have done even more than Jack without the baggage that followed him around for decades!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      Great minds think alike!

Karl believes that every good that happened to CONCACAF is a direct result of Jack's work and could not have been done by any other president.
                      That piece of ... is akin to man would never have made the present advances...

My mind does not work like that. ...however, it agrees with all who give credit to those that 'did'! No way would I support nonsense that would deny Seaga for his work at Social Development/Culture...or Manley for all his social advances...or Edwin Allen for improving on Norman Manley's free place to/at Secondary High Schools. That would be sure sign of ungratefulness.

All those men made terrible mistakes...but what they got right, they did! ...so it is with "Jack"!

They did what they did, when they did.
                      No amount of 'bad piece chat' can change that piece of history.

It's like saying Highway 2000 came from the brilliant mind of PJ Patterson. I think any PM we had in the 1990s would have realised, or it would have been suggested to him by some developer, that we needed to build a world class highway. Every eediat country has one! So, as much as the PNP and PJ would like to take credit, I will afford them only a little bit!

Likewise with Jack's accomplishments with CONCACAF.
                      At least you have started to give some credit.
                      Guess we have to be thankful for small mercies?

And another president could have done even more than Jack without the baggage that followed him around for decades![/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                        Karl,

Your argument is like pointing to the benefit that Adolf Hitler (may be an extreme example but I use him because the analogy I think is pertinent) brought to his people (and later many in the world) by insisting that VW produce an affordable automobile that could carry a family of five.

In essence the man was still a xenophobe who practised genocide.
                        Aaaaah, Peter?
                        You too?

Comment

I do not think the money was income, even if it somehow was, it still has to be determined to be taxable income.
                          Was there any commerce?
                          Sass, I thought the investigation on Blatter would be based on the laws designed to deter US citizens from using money to corrupt foreign entities.

Comment

Working...
                          X