• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Jack" Speaks

I have nothing to be afraid of - Warner

Published: Monday | April 1, 2013

Warner

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC):Former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner says he has nothing to fear following international media reports that he is the subject of a probe by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in the United States.

Warner, minister of national security in the Kamla Persad-Bissessar administration, also said that he will not be "crucified" by persons calling for him to be dismissed.

Reuters News Agency has reported that the FBI has been examining more than US$500,000 in payments made by the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) over the past 20 years to an offshore company headed by top United States soccer official Chuck Blazer.

"I do not think you know of any other politician who, for the last three years, has been maligned and who has been crucified as I have been," said Warner, who held the offices of vice-president of FIFA and president of CONCACAF until his suspension and eventual resignation from these roles in 2011.

"The one objective in mind - to get rid of Jack Warner - because there are those who believe that if you get rid of Jack Warner, then you get rid of a major chunk or chink in the Government's armour."

The Reuters report said that an FBI probe into alleged corruption in international football had recently intensified after investigators persuaded a key party to be a cooperating witness.

The report said that Warner had not been charged with any wrongdoing but quoted sources as saying that Daryan Warner, son of the former football executive, is assisting the probe.

"At the end of the day, I don't have to respond to them," Warner told reporters in Trinidad.

"Yesterday was the crucifixion. Today is not, and I will continue and I will do what I have to do. I have nothing to be afraid of and I sleep very soundly at night."

Since the Reuters report, the main opposition People's National Movement (PNM) has intensified calls for Warner's dismissal, accusing Prime Minister Persad-Bissessar of shielding her embattled minister.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2.../sports94.html
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Jack, unuh get rid ah all de chinks areddi! None innah dat party nor de opposition!
    Peter R

Comment

If my suspicions of his guilt regarding corruption are true, I really hope this guy goes to jail. What an embarrassment to the Caribbean!
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        "Yesterday was the crucifixion. Today is not, and I will continue and I will do what I have to do.
        Always full o' lyrics.

Waan dem nail him, sooner or later!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
          If my suspicions of his guilt regarding corruption are true, I really hope this guy goes to jail. What an embarrassment to the Caribbean!
          Agree

Comment

What about chuck blazer?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Chuck Blazer have lyrics like Jack?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Him not under investigation too?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

...and Chuck must deal with an institution named IRS!!!!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Two different ball games, Jack is arrogant, barefaced and debunked,Blazer has shown better judgement.It was he that initiated investigation to what appears to be the scandal regarding CONCACAF.
                    Offshore accounts are outside the realms of the IRS, besides, the Swiss authorities did catch Blatter paying back money for something that based on his investigation did not exist.
                    The real problem is this investigation can have dire consequences on the relationship between the US and Trinidad,that is NOT the case with the US and the US.

Comment

IRS can charge him if it was income, he should have paid taxes and that is why he won't escape. They can't charge Jack for that.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

There is that lingering question of jurisdiction, it will be interesting to see how that plays out.
                        Blazer did make the money available but there is no real reason to think that money was from proceeds taxable by the IRS.
                        It is just an investigation laced with contingencies,my gut tells me Blazer will probably be Blatter's replacement.
                        This would be not so much a question of the illegal activities but who is in charge of it.

Comment

IRS don't care where the money come from, They say you must report it as income if you are American and Chuck certainly didn't. He would have to have a very good excuse, unless it is went a legitimate company and not a sham company.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

And I don't care who gets nailed from this investigation. From yuh guilty of corruption, you should go down!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                              There is that lingering question of jurisdiction, it will be interesting to see how that plays out.
                              Blazer did make the money available but there is no real reason to think that money was from proceeds taxable by the IRS.
                              It is just an investigation laced with contingencies,my gut tells me Blazer will probably be Blatter's replacement.
                              This would be not so much a question of the illegal activities but who is in charge of it.
                              Blazer...Blatter's replacement?

I am thinking that will never happen. ...and there are a number of reasons I am thinking Blazer's chance at succeeding Blatter is like that of a snowball surviving in hell.

a) FIFA is running from scandals. Chuck Blazer is tainted!

b) FIFA is run as a 'sociogram' - pattern of relationships among 'big boys' wherein 'goodies' - power, wealth is controlled and shared. It is like the mafia, dependent on having loyalty, being cared for by 'dons'/'grandfathers' and omerta.

Blazer has broken 'all the rules'.

c) An European - the European bloc has been pining for and working for a return to the good old days when control of World Football was in their hands - shall return or a 'figurehead' chosen that allows for the Europeans to regain control.

This second scenario is the most likely. ...with CONCACAF putting all its weight behind such a 'figurehead'. Could be a S. American (COMEBOL) president or Michael Platini of UEFA (He desperately wishes to be FIFA President). ...other CONFEDs that could be drawn/coerced to support Platini are Asian and Oceana. Once they fall in line the CAF nations will seriously consider their best interest...forget their own ambitions...see where their bread is buttered and capitulate.

Some Confed presidents shall then be no more!

d) Blazer will be consumed by his efforts to keep himself out of jail and extricate himself from the clutches of possible IRS and US Justice Department criminal investigations.

e) No one left in FIFA, save Blatter and others whose 'doings' Blazer may have evidence and which could be used as 'plea bargain' chip, 'has any use for him' or of him.

Blazer played the fool (ratting out "Jack" and others...and shall pay the price.
                              No proof - however the above are my thoughts!!!
                              Last edited by Karl; April 2, 2013, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X