watching my big youth play yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School.

I did the first level WICB for kids and I have worked with him on covering the basics and I took him to a test match in Barbados last year and
    He enjoyed it. I have a beach set and we play that sometimes.

Right now I am happy
    For him to do track and football

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Paul Marin....thy BAXIDE!!!😄

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

thank you Paul and Peter. They do Fall and Spring, no winter and no summer. I want to find them a summer sports program with other sports. The TD for the program wanted me to put them in their academy but I told him I won't think about it until fall. My 7 year old is ahead of most of the kids in the academy in most areas and it is surprising as I haven't put a lot of pressure on him. Only one pressure, no school work no sports and they are licking above their grades so far.

Just won't let them play football until at least 10 years old. thanks for the advice still. At U9 is when travelling soccer starts.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Them academy is getting serious. The man they bought out 5 local clubs with over 10,000 kids. Got a affilliated with Chelsea united.

They just hired Simon Davy as part of their technical setup http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Davey

Reggae boyz we say!!!!.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

you know I use to coach them at a young age but I am now watching and helping from the sidelines even though the kids keep on asking for me to coach them. I may do it at the next level. The only thing really I help them with is defensive positioning when they don't have the ball, like marking, droping back into space or stepping up if they are two deep. The big on got the art of turning, stopping the ball and turning pretty much by himself. He doen't even watch a lot of soccer, only if Jamaica or US playing.

The kid is even slide tackling and I have to stop him saying he can't do it at this age group.

Comment

but how is their speed over ground?

never neglect that!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL. the big one have that too. The little one realise he doesn't always the speed of the bigger kids and so he turns more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  Right now I am happy
                  For him to do track and football
                  Smart man. Let him stick that. If he is any good, I know a good agent who I can recommend. Just don't get put off by the size of him head - a nuff brains inna deh.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                    Peter R me naw go warn yuh again bout dis cricket foolishness!!! WI turn me off from that game. (Real) Money inna the game???
                    Ask Chris Gayle bout de money ting... I don't know at what point it becomes real, but ... cricket is the best sport in the whole wide universe; so get it straight !! or do I have to beat that into your head ?
                    Peter R

Comment

You are an addict....for abuse.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I remember when you did the course... it was after I did mine; I have to be re-certified soon.. I think I've passed the "expiry date" of the certification... Anyway, we'll see what the new T20 format does for interest in the game... And as this is a football forum so I will just echo what I said to Assassin..

Just enjoy these years with the youths whatever they play as they grow up very fast and before you know it they're out the door ...
                        Peter R

Comment

Bwoy, Sass dem seem much advanced for age. ...but as Dada you have to do a little 'kick around' with them. So teaching correct passing and putting 'lace' through ball. Kicking with top of instep as opposed to the more used side... - is a technical skill that too many 'ballas' never learn to do well. Simple 'kicking against wall' or between two persons (gentle passing) makes it into reflex action technique. Will hold them in good stead later.

Keep on keeping on with them, boss.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                          X