watching my big youth play yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• watching my big youth play yesterday

and I had to smile. He played with many of my style, agression and moves only that I was no where near him at this stage.Playing a good defense but even better offense, leading scorer for his team and pop in 4 yesterday. The litte one coming on but playing above his age right now.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

It sweet nuh true?

Likkle Gamma going Fl to play in an u12 tournament weekend. Not sure why them accept the invitation as football season done and is tracks dem training for BUT it should be interesting

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      and I had to smile. He played with many of my style, agression and moves only that I was no where near him at this stage.Playing a good defense but even better offense, leading scorer for his team and pop in 4 yesterday. The litte one coming on but playing above his age right now.
      How old is your little soldier Sass?

Comment

yeah man it sweet. Good luck to him, let him enjoy it anyway.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

the older one is 7 and the younger is 6. They are both playing u8 right now.

Comment

Is there such a thing as "football season" any more?

Who is putting on the tournament? is he playing for school or club? Just asking because if they want to compete at a high level they should be playing all year.

Having said that Gamma I hope you have at least exposed your son to cricket lovely cricket... I am really sorry my older son gave up cricket... he was a true left hander and at 11 was very useful slow bowler who could bat...once he hit high school pure football.. ahh bwoyy

My second son is on his way back from the Dallas Cup today where the team (U14 club side) got a real lesson in what it takes to compete at that level.

It's all good though, as long as they actually learn from it. The club is taking them to Alabama in ten days to another tournament... Hopefully they will apply what they learned.
            Last edited by Peter R; April 1, 2013, 08:52 AM.
            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              It sweet nuh true?

Likkle Gamma going Fl to play in an u12 tournament weekend. Not sure why them accept the invitation as football season done and is tracks dem training for BUT it should be interesting
              Why you blight the bwoy calling him "Gamma" anything? Cho...and don't gwaan like she you was any big balla like Sass Good luck to the youth same way...I wish him well.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

it is funny they played against their gym teacher's team. The gym teacher alway teasing them that his team is going to whip them bad. The last time both teams met we were away. Now our team gave them a proper hiding and the eldest was the main force behind the beating.

The Gym teacher trying to use all kind of excuse and the boys rub it. They ask him "when are we going to play your team again". LOL. He will have to deal with it as they don't meet again until in the fall.

Comment

It is a hard thing cause my older one is very athletic and I want to put him in other sports as well but he would have to stop playing soccer and he doesn't and Daddy sure ain't... He goes to the gym after school and play a little basket ball and I throw a little baseball to them.

Want to give them a chance at others but it can't conflict with their soccer or school work.

Comment

Sass, whatever they do enjoy it with them ... before you know dem big! and out of the house
                    Peter R

Comment

the older one is 7 and the younger is 6. They are both playing u8 right now.
                      Nice bro, keep them active and remember even though dem deh a farin they are still Reggae Boyz

Comment

Don't worry on the placings. The key at this young age is proper kicking technique, the encouraging of thinking on passing to TEAMmate how is free. All other will then fall in place...as they need no encouragement to 'beat' when in tight places and to shoot when faced with the goal.

NB: Based on my early experiences and knowledge gained later in life - Kids have to be taught that running at the goal at speed and passing into/on goal rather than at most times taking a big kick (what I was taught in my youthful days was shooting...when as fact it is the option least used...but our coaches at least my coaches I now know had not a clue...)...produces powerful and most accurate of shooting!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

It is a hard thing cause my older one is very athletic and I want to put him in other sports as well but he would have to stop playing soccer and he doesn't and Daddy sure ain't... He goes to the gym after school and play a little basket ball and I throw a little baseball to them.

Want to give them a chance at others but it can't conflict with their soccer or school work.

Sass! The boy is SEVEN!! I would argue that he will be better served for soccer by playing other sports - basketball, baseball, tennis etc. - anything where hand-eye coordination and stamina can be built up. There is no reason why a seven year old should have to play organized soccer year round.
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Peter R me naw go warn yuh again bout dis cricket foolishness!!! WI turn me off from that game. (Real) Money inna the game???
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                              Sass! The boy is SEVEN!! I would argue that he will be better served for soccer by playing other sports - basketball, baseball, tennis etc. - anything where hand-eye coordination and stamina can be built up. There is no reason why a seven year old should have to play organized soccer year round.
                              Agree with you, boss!
                              Too much could be a bad thing. ...
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X