No announcement yet.

Montesso: We must get our tactics right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want better for my team. You clearly don't business and think that once we recruit overseas based players the criticism must stop. When other players have the ball it is essential that Elliott move quickly and provide himself as an option, especially when we are playing with two in the middle. He was not doing this. I have watched the Costa Rica game 7 times now, so I don't think I need to see it again. I am not sure which whole heap of passes you saw Elliott making under pressure.

Marvin Elliott who made his debut for us two years ago, in a match where we were outnumbered in midfield, looked much more mobile than this current version of Marvin Elliott. Better you tell me him still feeling the effects form his groin injury from late last year.

Comment

me, dunny.... here is my take.. I think the tactics is flawed. A idiot coch we had in Canada once told me that your philosophy should not change you tactics might but you should hold through to your philosophy. So if you believe that you are a short passing build it up team you play that way... you will be critisised when you believe that and start to play direct. The issue i am not sure what Tappa/Montesso philosophy is.. because they seem to make three passes out of the back and long ball to the flanks.. No ball control midfielder to control tempo and build. It seem there are merely looking for wide balls to be service in and to score and not a orhestrated passing and movement to get in. I would say the players are playing to tactics but the tactics is wrong... Question for you guys is , can Jobi play the # 10 role..

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
        Question for you guys is , can Jobi play the # 10 role..
        I personally don't think so. I don't think providing defensive splitting passes (Hue style) is something he is particularly strong at and I don't think he will run through a defense (JJ style ) or be much of a scoring threat from the position.

He is a shifty player who can then get in a cross and he will work very hard on defense. He will be a solid team player, but I don't think he has the quality to dominate any CONCACAF opposition from the middle. On the wing he can give problems, especially if he and Demar continue to improve their understanding.

Comment

Tactics? What tactics? Mussy Tic-Tacs him a talk

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
            Montesso was also displeased with the general positioning of the midfielders as he says it affects the team coordination, both in attack and defence. This was especially so in the first half, when one of the two central midfielders, Rodolph Austin, was not stationary; and the wide midfielders, Garath McCleary and Joel (Jobi) McAnuff, were not getting back into the middle on defence, but staying wide, allowing Costa Rica more numbers and an easy lane to run at the Jamaican back four.
            Poor! Their only duty is to close down spaces and lock down lanes, and they failed miserably. If they can't do it, why should Jermaine Hue be expected to do it while creating chances at the other end?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
            X