No announcement yet.

Karl help me count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mi know the predator would ah pull the trigger here, even if it rebound someone should be able to score. Look at how Rooney got his goal against Brazil, it was because Walcott fired.

Mattocks ah shotta; him ah buss shot from him touch di field. Yuh can pick up loose shells off him.

Comment

ok but the predator muss start.

Comment

Luton is luton; I see him more as winger giving crosses or penetrating via the flanks.

Comment

I dont think Tappa will call him ,sorry ..tuff ead would more likely drop Shelton and stick with Beckford or start johnson, he might start hue in the middle his back is against the wall.

After beating the USA & MEX , expect him to regress back to said tuff ead form.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
            After beating the USA & MEX , expect him to regress back to said tuff ead form.
            so are you saying that SUCCESS makes Tappa head tuff ?
            Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Mek wi see nuh. Give the man the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Nothing is wrong with being a tuff ead if it brings you success , the problem is when it doesnt ,I am being optimistic on our future prospects ,in fact very.

Tuff ead doesnt mean you dont adapt and that is the question knowing when to.
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I don't like being harsh on the players because I know they are out there
                  working hard. Sorry but this has to be fixed or else Mexico will eat us alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SzpG...utu.be#t=1h13m

Comment

Nice post, Jawge.
                    ...form our 1st match a lot of misleading information is being put out there to disparage our TEAM play and promote some persons 'pet' players.

The TEAM has shown tremendous improvement match over match over match. Granted in our worse match (v Mexico) we got 1 point! ...improved against Panama and got 1 point! ...further in this match (v Costa Rica) and ended up empty-handed!

Point is this squad of players who have now played only 3 times together have been on the improve.

Are there still great deficiencies?
                    Absolutely!

No one or two players can solve the deficiencies!
                    It needs each TEAM member to put in greater effort - passing and moving, moving and passing - at possession. Needed quicker passing...and greater commitment to get to the ball. ...and good 'passing on goal'/shooting!!!

More TEAM needed!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Fair and balanced, Dunny!
                      Truthful!

Glad the video was posted as all the attacks on me suggested I was blind, dishonest or lying!

*Two things to wonder on -
                      1. Rudy Austin's passing in these games. He appeared to me to be a better passing just 'likle' past. You may have been seeing him in some of his games for Leeds - Is his passing consistently this bad?

Amazing the accuracy and power of Ruddy Austin's free-kick. Appeared at least 40 yards out...4 or 5 steps...and a bomb!!!

2. Shelton for all his lousy (poor physical efforts & lack of effort to get to balls - some of which were in the air for looooooooooong periods=even at my close to 70 years I could have crawled to meet some of them) efforts and poor TEAMplay created 3 good chances (...they are inclusive of Rudy Austin's free-kick from Shelton's hold up play which drew a foul).
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

True on what you are saying but in this particular game Karl,CR gave us a lot of space. The passing at times need not be because ah yaad you would say "yuh have time". I see where players could have avoided the long pass on the ground and move up into space, this way you draw the opponent unto then you release. I think this is where the Hue Loyalists are having a field day.

Cr intercepted a lot of those long passes over ground. To one UB40 credit:I saw used the space in the first half. See a team such as Brazil would kill CR by holding on to the ball and exploiting these spaces. Kaka would reign supreme here. You have a point Karl but I think Hue would do well; especially in the second half against CR (based on how they played).

Comment

A lot of those passes that went begging=we lost the ball...had to do with the intended recipient (our passers TEAMmate) not coming to the ball but sitting and 'saying' to the Costa Rican
                          You first, sir!
                          That is not how football is played. ...and even a little observation by our players they would have noticed the Costa Ricans were not so polite. They, as fact, often stepped around our players and picked up balls - both those passes by theIr TEAMmates and by our RBoyz!!!!

...that what the Costa Ricans did is normal good players actions=reflex movement!
                          Last edited by Karl; March 29, 2013, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                            Amazing the accuracy and power of Ruddy Austin's free-kick. Appeared at least 40 yards out...4 or 5 steps...and a bomb!!!
                            Yeah! But what is the conversion rate of all these wonderful freekicks and kicks from open play? For some reason, can't remember a lot of them scoring.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                              How much bad do you want it to be ,when you state our forwards cant work together and the creative midfielder was Austin ,loosing the ball 50 % of the time .

That said as bad as Tappa set wi up,we know that team can beat anyone if it is set up right,the tools are there ,how Tappa uses them is the problem,If I could make any change to the team from a personel point of view ,it would be to get rid of Shelton for Mattocks, from a tactical point of view , Bring in Hue for a forward , set up a 4-5-1 with Ryan Johnson to lead the attack ,2 left/right midfielders who attack on the wings ,putting Mattocks on his preffered wing ,or use him as a straight sub for Johnson .that formation can be a 3-5-2 when in attack .

Not as bad , but it bad ,too many things wrong when ,2 forwards cant work together and Austin is left to be the creative midfielder, you notice the cards he picked up by over extending himself ?

I believe that our defence was our brightest spark, thats where the ball remained in our possesion game , defence to defensive midfield.
                              What you are saying makes sense, this 4-4-2 system does not suit the type of players Tappa have at his disposal, there are too many players in the team with poor ball management skills, too many individualists who's main strengths are picking up the ball and running at the opponent. A 4-5-1 or 3-5-2 would give us that option to put an extra player in central midfield with passing abiliy and game management skills. Rudy can still be a crucial player because of his energy, hard running and tackling, however i would just say to him forget about those Hollywood 60 yard passes, just win the ball and pass it simply, take a leaf out of Elliott's book. In that game against Costa Rica i think Elliott failed to find the target with just 2 passes in the whole game, if Rudy could do that it would be half the job done. Upfront it needs a striker who can hold the ball up and bring others into play, out of the present ones in the squad Ryan Johnson does that best, so if we are playing 2 upfront it should be Ryan and one other. In my opinion there aint a lot wrong with our defense, i like Demar at left back, Mariappa is fine and i know Doyley is efficient(will do better now is debut is out of the way) it will be interesting who comes in to partner Mariappa with Taylor suspended for the next game. Finally Tappa needs to do better with his substitutions, he needs to make changes in context with the game situation. A lot of the times is substitutions does not make any sense. The home game against Panama we were leading 1-0 we lost Nosworthy and he brought on a winger to play at right back, it cost us the game in my opinion. The away game against Costa Rica we were 1-0 down and he pulled off both strikers and brought on JJ and Robinson, it would've make more sense to take out the holding midfielder and bring on an attacking midfielder and it would have also made more sense to bring on Daley at right back because we were chasing the game, the Dane Richards for McCleary should've been made earlier because McCleary was having a poor game. I am one of Tappa's staunchest supporters but he is begining to try my patience, he must do better. The team is good enough to hold it's own in the competition and every game is tight so the slightest detail might determine the differnce between winning or drawing or drawing or losing.

Comment

Working...
                              X